#21 Hellen Wheels

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:08 AM

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 23 February 2014 - 09:39 AM, said:

You can't say whether it was intentionally or not.

I'll bet PGI can, with a fair bit of accuracy.

#22 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:10 AM

If this game was free of Crashes I would say go for it. There are people who crash (though normally during loading, this is why you see a blank spot and you're 'down a man.), and disconnect. So you want to punish players who crash?

#23 Moromillas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationSecret **** moon base

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

View PostMujinn, on 23 February 2014 - 08:35 AM, said:

People who launch and DC need to either gain absolutely nothing for dc-ing in a game or be harshly punish say lose of 100 exp on that mech and fined 20k credits. The punishment idea is like this, you launch for your faction, or under merc contract failure to comply with your duty or contract should result in fines and punishments. Fining and punishing would result in less people dc-ing on purpose just to get to a new game to dc and get free exp and credits.

Hey, that's a great idea, we should all be making bald assertions about other people, and as many as possible. Then we can use this fairy tale **** to punish, get back at, and do whatever we want to whoever we feel like. Or better yet, another idea would be to realize that you're a disgusting excuse for a human being, and promptly kill yourself.

Edited by Moromillas, 23 February 2014 - 08:47 PM.

#24 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:05 PM

View PostJosef Nader, on 23 February 2014 - 09:10 AM, said:

Uh, you already get zero money or XP earned after you disconnect if your mech is alive. Once you die you get full rewards, but those people who DC at the start of a match actually earn nothing. No money, no XP, no win. If their mech dies, they still get a death added to their tally.

Edit: As far as the same person D/Cing, I've had friends crash ad soon as they tried to enter a match in multiple occasions without being taken out of the matchmaker. This is every time they try to start a match, and it leads to several games in a row starting with the same person D/Cing. It's not malicious, it's a bug.

Quoted for truth. If you solo 11 players on the other team, taking great care to reap spotting bonuses and component destruction bonuses in the process, but disconnect without dying or the game ending, as the game currently stands you get nothing. Zip. Zilch. Disconnecting at the start of the match doesn't somehow change that to a non-zero number.

As for taking away rewards if you disconnect after you die, the game is over for you. You have very little to contribute, aside from general companionship and maybe some advice that may or may not be useful to your team. The fools who rush in are still going to do so, it's just that now they'll be forced to sit with those of us who are still playing and complain about how we didn't back them up. They're already getting penalised in c-bills and XP simply by virtue of the fact that they aren't alive anymore, and so aren't scoring kill/damage/spotting/C-ECM/savior/defensive bonuses. A good, long game that your teams loses in spite of your strong contribution is often worth more points than a game your team wins without you contributing. Taking the result awards away doesn't do anything but force the annoying players to stay.

#25 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:08 PM

View Postoperator0, on 23 February 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:

What about those of us who are stuck with Comcast and experience dropped packets on a semi regular basis?

This does not bode well for Time Warner people like myself. I always knew Comcast had a rep.

View PostRoadbeer, on 23 February 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

Not for this.
Last year, I was having issues with my network card that would cause me to disconnect at completely random intervals.
So I should be punished because of circumstances beyond my control?

Unfortunate. Discons can also come from issues with telecom providers between you and the destination server you try to reach. Yet there may still be suicide farmers out there that need to be dealt with.

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 February 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

We need to suck it up, its a game. But having the chance to reconnect to a dropped game would be a good thing.

A reconnect option I see as a good idea to avoid punishing people who want to play.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 23 February 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:

yes. And because you are you. -_-

Now, c'mon, everything about Roadbeer can't be that bad. :lol: He may have been that last Hawk on Caustic during that epic fight from a few months ago.

#26 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:12 PM

I played WoT for quite a while (and even picked it up briefly recently) and actually having disconnects at the beginning of a match was uncommon at most.

I have no doubt that internet/computer issues outside of anyone's control do play a part in MWO DC's.. but I think there is a notable percentage of them that are either technical issues with client (or client interaction with computer) or player ragequits. (hating maps or team loadouts.)

#27 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:11 AM

View PostMerchant, on 23 February 2014 - 09:08 PM, said:

Now, c'mon, everything about Roadbeer can't be that bad. :( He may have been that last Hawk on Caustic during that epic fight from a few months ago.

Was that the PUB drop where over half the mechs on the field were shawks?
That was a fun drop :(

#28 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

a re-connect feature would do wonders for making this game less infuriating.
many a night as been wrecked due to countless dropped players.

like jaysus, LOL has it.

#29 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:30 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 24 February 2014 - 08:11 AM, said:

Was that the PUB drop where over half the mechs on the field were shawks?
That was a fun drop :D

Nope but I seem to have gotten my matches confused, the Caustic fight was one battle while this was from the other. I noted it because forum names I remember I rarely see in matches when I note names.
EDIT - Oops, wrong pic, fixed.
Posted Image

Edited by Merchant, 25 February 2014 - 10:30 AM.

#30 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:34 AM

Funny, looking at the builds in my lance, I could almost tell you with 90% certainty who was in on that drop.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users