- - - - -

Does Artemis Help Streak Srm's?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Nikkoru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:32 AM

I'm fiddling around with a Streaktaro, and I've seen it claimed in the past that Artemis does have a bonus for streak srm's if you pay the cbills for it, but does not add weight. Is this true, or has that been changed somewhere along the line?

#2 SniperCon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:36 AM

It's still true. Artemis will make the lock on time for your streaks 25% (?) faster. To me it feels like it makes a huge difference for a modest price of an AC5 (250,000).

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:37 AM

currently this is true. It's not necessarily intended but has been around a long time with no announced plan to fix it.

Specifically the benefit is faster target-lock time, which is because that's the benefit it applies to LRMs and they share a target lock system.

#4 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:43 AM

Using the free Cent with artemis, it felt like there was a major delay in firing the missles compared to my non-artemis SRM HBK. There is literally a 3/4-1 second delay from the time i hit the trigger till the SRM+artemis fires. With the non-artemis SRM HBK, the missles fire immediately.

Is this delay real or just a figment of my imagination?

If it is real... doesn't the firing delay more than negate the positive of the reduced lock time?

#5 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:46 AM

View PostMott, on 25 February 2014 - 07:43 AM, said:

Using the free Cent with artemis, it felt like there was a major delay in firing the missles compared to my non-artemis SRM HBK. There is literally a 3/4-1 second delay from the time i hit the trigger till the SRM+artemis fires. With the non-artemis SRM HBK, the missles fire immediately.

If it is real... doesn't the firing delay more than negate the positive of the reduced lock time?

The Centurion has missile bay doors. Press / to open the flaps manually. They're not as big as a Catapult's doors, but when closed they offer 10% damage reduction and incur a missile fire delay.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:54 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 25 February 2014 - 07:37 AM, said:

currently this is true. It's not necessarily intended but has been around a long time with no announced plan to fix it.
lock system.

The simple adding of 1 ton per launcher or at least a half of a ton could be an easy temporary fix until they get around to it. Just imagine when clan Streaks come and get Artemis boosts. Tack on 6 Streak 6 launchers, chainfire, and glee.

It won't break any stock builds because none mix streaks with Artemis LRMs/SRMs.

#7 SniperCon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 25 February 2014 - 07:46 AM, said:

The Centurion has missile bay doors. Press / to open the flaps manually. They're not as big as a Catapult's doors, but when closed they offer 10% damage reduction and incur a missile fire delay.

In the Cent, there is a light on the left side window frame which indicates the status of the missile doors. Green = open; Yellow = closed; Red = destroyed. They are closed at the start of the match. I think "," is the default key to open/close the doors.

#8 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

As others have pointed out, the Centurion has missile bay doors, whereas the Hunchback does not. If you fire your missiles while your doors are closed, they will still fire - but it takes half a second for the doors to open first. You can open them manually in order to avoid this delay, but then you lose the 10% armor bonus. Other mechs with these bay doors: Catapults, Stalkers(arms only), and Kintaros(center torso only, IIRC).

Edited by Bloodweaver, 25 February 2014 - 02:01 PM.

#9 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

View PostKoniving, on 25 February 2014 - 07:54 AM, said:

The simple adding of 1 ton per launcher or at least a half of a ton could be an easy temporary fix until they get around to it. Just imagine when clan Streaks come and get Artemis boosts. Tack on 6 Streak 6 launchers, chainfire, and glee.

It won't break any stock builds because none mix streaks with Artemis LRMs/SRMs.

If Im in a light and a mech capable of fitting 6 x SSRM6s kills me it was my fault for getting that close, not evading, or not checking its equipment first. Not to mention they WILL be hot, they WILL have ghost heat, it WILL be slow, and a mech with 6 SSRM6 will get destroyed by any other mech of the same tonnage.

Edited by DONTOR, 25 February 2014 - 02:03 PM.

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

View PostDONTOR, on 25 February 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

If Im in a light and a mech capable of fitting 6 x SSRM6s kills me it was my fault for getting that close, not evading, or not checking its equipment first. Not to mention they WILL be hot, they WILL have ghost heat, it WILL be slow, and a mech with 6 SSRM6 will get destroyed by any other mech of the same tonnage.

Note: Clan light mechs are slower than dirt. It's the heavy mech carrying this along with twin UAC/20s that you have to worry about.
Note: chain fire means no ghost heat.
Note: Clan Streaks will be fired 2 at a time from any kind of launcher. Chain fired, they will literally be hammering you non-stop so you can't see. Ever had perma-blur? It sucks. You're gonna get it.
Note: Because of only firing 2 at a time, they have to be able to alpha more launchers at once. Thus ghost heat may never even be put on them due to this.
Note: Clan DHS are smaller, can be stacked easier, and allow for higher thresholds than inner sphere ones do with the MWO system. Ghost heat will matter that much less.
Note: Artemis-enhanced lock on streaks are nearly instantly locked.
B)
Artemis-enhanced streaks need a penalty.

Edited by Koniving, 25 February 2014 - 02:13 PM.

#11 Nikkoru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

If Im in a light and a mech capable of fitting 6 x SSRM6s kills me it was my fault for getting that close, not evading, or not checking its equipment first.

Given the chaos of battle, especially when zipping about in a light, I'd say you are being unrealistic.

#12 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

I agree with most of what you said but still 6 SSRM6 launchers is a 90 damage alpha

#13 Drunken Bunny

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNear Toronto, Canada

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

I'm likely off base but I'd swear I read on one of the forums recently that the Artemis effecting SSRM lock time was addressed in a recent patch?

#14 SniperCon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:56 AM

View Posto0xFuzzYx0o, on 25 February 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:

I'm likely off base but I'd swear I read on one of the forums recently that the Artemis effecting SSRM lock time was addressed in a recent patch?

The changed Artemis pricing and now SRM and SRMA launchers and ammo are different and need to be bought separately. I tested in game and Artemis still helps SSRM lock on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users