Battlemaster - What Can We Do With Them?

9 replies to this topic

#1 MikeTheDestructor

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:14 PM

I decided to return to my favourite weight classes - heavies and assaults - and I chose the battlemaster as my new assault class mech. Now I tried some build with them but the 1S.... I just don't know how to use (I have only one now but I plan to master them)

So I'm asking to an "expert" if these are okay as ideas:

BLR-1G (The LPL is for lights that get too close to me )

BLR-1D

BLR-1S (Perhaps I could use an XL because that's a LRM boat but I don't know honestly what to do with the 1S)

And while I am grinding the money for the upgrades I'm using that BLR-1G semi-stock: stripped the SRM and a pair of MLs for two LLs and then went to max HS and a ton more of MG ammo, using the engine of the cent they gave us with the five wins. I noticed that the 6 lasers on the torsoes are like a double ac/20 :(

I would love some feedback and I thank you guys in advance :D

EDIT: something went wrong, I was sure I was posting on the assault mech guides sections so.... moderators, could you move it please? I'm sorry for the mistake ^^"

Edited by MikeTheDestructor, 25 February 2014 - 01:17 PM.

#2 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,804 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:39 PM

As far as BLRs go they do run XLs very well if you can roll damage. I always run a XL390, it gets you to 82 KPH and weighs 3.5 tons less than the XL400. The loadout I use on the 1G and 1D is the same and unfortunately pretty close to meta, but I like the way it works. 2 AC5s (5 tons ammo) 4MLs in side torsos, and a PPC/ERLL in the right arm. Near max armor and the rest DHS to finsh it off. It looks hot on paper but if you only use the AC5s and PPC at range, and the AC5s and MLs at close range it works out well.

#3 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,377 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

Battlemaster 1G - I would add more ammo and an XL engine to your build, otherwise looks great.

Battlemaster 1D
- You didn't have enough ac2 ammo and the build was WAAY to hot, dropped the small lasers for more ammo and went XL for more heat sinks.

Battlemaster 1S
- Tag and Artemis are needed when you are LRMing. I've use that build before, it works well.

Those are the only changes I would make to your builds. But mostly just a few personal preferences. Nice overall work.

These are my current builds.

Battlemaster 1G - Not everyone likes the Gauss Rifle, you can swap it out for your ballistic of choice. For me its perfect.

Battlemaster 1D - The Triple AC/2 is deadly and the 4 medium lasers deliver a nice 20 punch when you need to work fast.

Battlemaster 1S - I ditched the missiles due to the giant torso missile pod being an easy target. With the recent LPL buff this mech is even deadlier.

I wouldn't be afraid to use XL's in this mech. Great hitboxes!

Edited by Amsro, 25 February 2014 - 02:03 PM.

#4 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:05 PM

This is currently my favorite build.

BLR-1D

Runs cooler than the 3xAC/2. When the ultra jams its a good time to play defensively.

I don't recommend XL unless you plan to do some long range fire support. The Battlemaster twist decently (BLR-1G not so much) but it is still big.

#5 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

Yeah - run XLs on them. I've had my side torso blown out exactly once in months of piloting them. Here's my builds:

For the 1D, I primarily use the LLs to peek over hills and lay down a solid beam of death, chainfired. When I need to "cool off," or if I'm being harassed by a little guy, I open up with the LPL and MGs and that's usually enough to convince them to run away.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c6365559ff5c8a8

For the 1G, I...okay, this is the one I had a problem with, but this build got me up to elite (after a LOT of playing around). The ERLL and AC5s have a nice synergy and then you have the MLs for close in work. Didn't really diverge much from the original, in the end.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...954d5312b27d2d1

My current favorite, I tried running this one as a missile boat for a while, running SRM6s on the arms and twin LRM15s in the shoulder. Just got frustrated with it, though and it never seemed as effective as I thought it should be. Last weekend, I switch it up to the following and have had a BLAST. Put the LPLs on chainfire, peek over hills, use caution, and simply maul anything in your path. The SSRMs (I was running four, but had to ditch two for heat reasons) are there to dissuade little guys.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c0b7f4947148c57

#6 joedawg39s

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 239 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:07 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2dfbe6a72a38022

The 1G is my favorite out of the 3. Those 2 PPCs fire from above your cockpit level. Switch between PPC + AC10 at long range and ML and AC10 at close range. 2T of ac-10 ammo is enough I find since you wont be firing it unless you are out of cover.

I do 2 LL 3 AC2 STD300 on the 1 D and 2-SRM6 2 LPL 2 PPC XL340 on the 1s.

Edited by joedawg39s, 25 February 2014 - 03:11 PM.

#7 MikeTheDestructor

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:31 PM

Wow! So many builds.... Thank you very much ;)
I guess the gauss rifle is the one I would love the most because my best mech was (still is) the double gauss K2 (don't kill me because of that xD - and also after the charging thing was introduced BTW)

The fact that XL is viable on it surprises me. I thought it was like the atlas about that....

#8 Zanathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:45 PM

I would test the XL just to see yourself since I usually kill a lot of heavies / assaults these days by blowing their side torso .. so many players use XLs these days.

#9 MikeTheDestructor

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:59 PM

I always used it on lights and catapults (heavies like the K2 go XL all the way, I died only once from ST loss in hundreds of matches)..... but on assault it sounds strange I know xD
I will give it a try though

#10 Zanathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:14 PM

You maybe fine, it's just my experience. I am currently mastering my battlemasters and I haven't had a good experience with XLs even when I try to avoid. I also have bad luck, or maybe I just suck, with PPC poptarts hitting my side torso .. always!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users