#41 Gladewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 464 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:21 PM

View PostBulvar Jorgensson, on 26 February 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

I have noticed that Light mechs punch well above their weight class. This I know is due to the hit registration and all manner of other factors, however.........

Those firestarter mechs are making a complete mockery of the whole way PGI deliver on XP and C-bills.

This past 3 nights I have dropped, Light mechs make up the highest Damage and kill ratio, with Embers grabbing top spot.

Now I understand certain game mechanics have to be in place to allow for semi balanced (I was going to say balanced, then realised, that ain't ever gona happen.) game-play.

But come on.........

in fact the reason this post has gone up was the last drop i was in tonight, the opposition had 8 out of the 12 mechs being lights and the Roffel-stomped the team i was in which had 4 Assaults 5 heavies and 2 Mediums and 1 Light.

Guess I should really just buy some light mechs and join the Gravy train...... :D

The Jenner was doing the exact same thing long before the Ember came out....but it's been so long since a decent light came out, many seem to have forgotten. After our population finishes training up their new lights, I imagine numbers will go back down to previous levels...hopefully a few more players will start to play lights regularly though.

#42 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:36 PM

In the current meta lights are in a sweet spot. When zerging the enemy, they can do miracles if the pilots coordinate their movement and can scoot as soon as some serious threat appear. Mostly thou they shine as flankers and exploiters of many opportunities provided by own team, for example they finish that one dezgra Jager that was doing his dakka but got outgunned and started hiding. They can get behind enemies, fire their alpha or two and then run away.

Either way, I don't see anything terribly out of ordinary with current lights. Once the 3/3/3/3 balancing is introduced, this huge wolfpacks of lights will be a thing of past. Right now you can get killed by 6 lights, but lets face if, if any 6 enemy Mechs attack you, you are dead no matter their weight class. But, it will all go away at the end of April.

#43 wintersborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:45 PM

View PostRemarius, on 15 March 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

And our 4 man heavy lance we were running earlier would wipe the floor with them as we don't rely on streaks and that build is slow so rather missing your point..... :D

My point was obvious, most of the posts abuout how to deal with FS9's was to run Streaks or better yet Streak boats. I can assure you a good pre made of the twin AMS FS9's counter any missile threat. And as I said 3 or so Jagers w/ twin LBX and 4 MG's do counter them better than anything I Have seen so far.

The fact is that a good pre made with that build is a true game changer

#44 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:22 PM

The streak tips are actually a general tip against all lights. Not specific to the 9-S

#45 o0Marduk0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:15 AM

View Postwintersborn, on 15 March 2014 - 11:45 PM, said:

My point was obvious, most of the posts abuout how to deal with FS9's was to run Streaks or better yet Streak boats. I can assure you a good pre made of the twin AMS FS9's counter any missile threat.

(Even dual) AMS is quite useless against streaks. It barely shut down those missiles because they are too fast/distance too low.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users