Official Clan Units?

24 replies to this topic

#1 Mezlo Steele

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 120 posts
  • LocationRelentless Pursuit Vincent Mk.42-class Corvette. Inbound to the Inner Sphere

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:24 PM

Why is it that only Clan Wolf,Clan Ghost Bear, Clan Jade Falcom and Clan Smoke Jaguar the only clans to have sub forums? Are the Officialy recognized by MWO and if so,then what is the process of becoming so? I have seen other clans post recruitments here and there but only those four have sub forums? Also it seems to me that the Clans in general will be at a major dissadvantge when community warfare comes out,as nothing was said about the clans and how a clan unit would gain loyalty points. Will the clans be the same as the inner sphere units where they will have to take on missions from NPC Clans to be able to become an active Clan unit? Perhaps I have missed something in all of what was said in the U tube half hour thing I watched?

Just Curious is all :P

Edited by Mezlo Mezzerak, 03 March 2014 - 12:25 PM.

#2 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

Because those are the Invading Clans for this game, we have yet to see the Nova Cats and Steel Vipers.

Edited by Will9761, 03 March 2014 - 12:40 PM.

#3 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:03 PM

In lore they were the first wave to invade the IS. When the other waves come you'll see some of the other clans like Nova Cats down the road but not all the clans invade.

#4 Mezlo Steele

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 120 posts
  • LocationRelentless Pursuit Vincent Mk.42-class Corvette. Inbound to the Inner Sphere

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

While I understand that they were in the invading forces,it t does not answer if they are officialy seen as clans in MWO. That is actualy more of what I am curious about and if they are officialy recognized what is the process for other clans to be?

#5 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:33 PM

View PostMezlo Mezzerak, on 03 March 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

While I understand that they were in the invading forces,it t does not answer if they are officialy seen as clans in MWO. That is actualy more of what I am curious about and if they are officialy recognized what is the process for other clans to be?

The clans held "trials" in clan space to determine which clans would have the honor of being part of the initial invasion. The losing clans were left behind until the second wave, or they were so badly weakened from the trials that they would never get to the inner-sphere.

#6 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:57 PM

As far as we know, they will not allow merc units with canon names, and we still do not know how they will handle loyalist units, if this is what you are referring to.

#7 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

They are no more official than any other lore based player organization, including the other clans. Personally, I feel it is a bum rap for us second wave clans (and the home world ones for that matter) as, from a recruitment standpoint, it puts us at a huge recruitment disadvantage in a game with far too few avenues for unit promotion. Go into the clan section and all you see are the "big four" with the rest of us just... Here. Somewhere. Sucks.

That said, the technical stance from PGI is that no player group can claim to be an official unit, merely a part of an official unit. Good luck enforcing that, however.

#8 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 03 March 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

That said, the technical stance from PGI is that no player group can claim to be an official unit, merely a part of an official unit. Good luck enforcing that, however.

Sadly, they can enforce it, as long as they can edit our units' names <_<

Anyway, there is no reason to give them the trouble.. We are not going to be mercs and we still do not know how faction units will work. I hope we will be able to play togheter as an unit. Otherwise, my rage will burn like a plasma gun :)

And by the way, we are already known to the public as Clan Wolf Alpha Galaxy (our internal structure does not matter, quiaff? :P ).

#9 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

Exactly. If things continue as they are, soon the Nova Cats, despite the terrible recruitment odds these forums offer us, will attain Galaxy status, and quite honestly we too are probably going Alpha Galaxy. We just need to avoid naming the internal clusters according to lore units and we should be golden.

#10 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:11 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 03 March 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

Exactly. If things continue as they are, soon the Nova Cats, despite the terrible recruitment odds these forums offer us, will attain Galaxy status, and quite honestly we too are probably going Alpha Galaxy. We just need to avoid naming the internal clusters according to lore units and we should be golden.

Well, if i was trying to make my Clan unit pass for a merc unit (a thing i would never do) i would not call it Clan Nova Cat Alpha Galaxy either :P

Edited by CyclonerM, 03 March 2014 - 02:11 PM.

#11 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

Teeechnically you could argue they are three non-lore clusters under Alpha, thereby representing Alpha without actually being Alpha. I love loopholes about as much as Diamond Sharks love the Kerensky/c-bill.

#12 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 03 March 2014 - 02:13 PM, said:

Teeechnically you could argue they are three non-lore clusters under Alpha, thereby representing Alpha without actually being Alpha. I love loopholes about as much as Diamond Sharks love the Kerensky/c-bill.

Or you could say that this would be the first MechWarrior game without lore-based player units :(
Your points would be valid.. but your unit name is still Alpha ;)

Maybe you could name yourselves Clan Star Kitten :)

Edited by CyclonerM, 03 March 2014 - 02:35 PM.

#13 Mezlo Steele

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

I suppose that if they do the same to the clans as with the inner sphere Factions,then we would have to gain loyalty points to become a unit of one of such Clan Faction. Though along those lines why not see it as this is a good time to write our own History. Meaning why do we have to be Clan (Insert Any Clan) Alpha Galaxy. Why not See the Clans Histories and leave them as that and make our own versions. Or do we need to have the Clans that get absorbed or annihilated and then do so cause thats how it goes? Why not offer all the Clans that are or want to be active actualy run their own trials to see as to which clans invade? Why should it be the Main clans as far as the storyline goes,is it not us as role players that take the story and twist it to our own flavor for our own enjoyment?

Edited by Mezlo Mezzerak, 03 March 2014 - 02:51 PM.

#14 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

For the same reason St Ives isnt going to emerge as a great house.

Lore establishes the framework within which the game universe and community warfare will exist.

#15 Skylarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:18 PM

View PostLukoi, on 03 March 2014 - 02:53 PM, said:

For the same reason St Ives isnt going to emerge as a great house.

Lore establishes the framework within which the game universe and community warfare will exist.

The St. Ives Compact was a minor Inner Sphere nation that existed from 3029 to 3063.

They are not a Great House.

Edited by Skylarr, 03 March 2014 - 03:21 PM.

#16 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

View PostSkylarr, on 03 March 2014 - 03:18 PM, said:

Neither is FRR.

But both are 'factions'

#17 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

View PostSkylarr, on 03 March 2014 - 03:18 PM, said:

And Clan Star Adder was not an invading Clan. Do you grasp my analogy now Skylarr?

P.s. did you note the implication that they were not a great house when I said "emerge as?" If you are going to correct people, understand what they wrote first.

Edited by Lukoi, 03 March 2014 - 04:00 PM.

#18 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:58 PM

We are Clan Ghost Bear. This world is ours. Those that refute our claim must identify the size and location of their forces for immediate disposal.

From my knowledge 4 Ghost Bear units, including the one I am in. Our unit really has no name. If we had to play as Mercs or something, it would have been Ghost Brigade (GB), but there is another merc corp with a very similar name. Ghost Bear Command is used, simply because it is our website address. Being Ghost Bear, we have members of past CGB units.

I know there is a Russian Ghost Bear. I have not really chatted with them yet. There is a German Ghost Bear that from my knowledge has been around since at least MW4 days. Also there is a CGB trinary active, the 72nd Claw Trinary.

I am not sure how the other units work their family, but Ghost Bear Command has no actual Khan, we honour a fallen member as our Khan in spirit, and as well have no saKhan. We comprise of an Alpha Galaxy and a Beta Galaxy, roughly a trinary currently comprises each cluster at the moment. We have the 1st Bear Guards, 3rd Bear Guards, 139th Striker from Alpha Galaxy. The 12th Bear Cavaliers and 304th Assault Cluster from Beta Galaxy. We use the 10th Bear Cuirassiers from Omega Galaxy as our competitive team tag, though each member is of a cluster in Alpha or Beta as well. (We are aware that in the current lore timeframe, Omega is not a current Galaxy)

I started the unit as a Trinary in MWLL, the 72nd Assault Trinary. We grew past a trinary when MWO was announced.Became the 304th Assault Cluster of Beta Galaxy. We kept growing and then a group of past ADL (Astral Domain League?) bears came out of hibernation. They took up Alpha Galaxy's 1st Bear Guards and we were the 304th Assault cluster. We just kept growing, and ended where are now.

We are not official and still deciding on what to do when CW hits... but will make that decision when it comes to that time. we will figure it out then. I would say that due to the large numbers of the unit, and the fact a good number of us are active on the forums and in the game, we are a unoffical Ghost Bear. ;)

We do not care what PGI says, does, etc. We will find a way to be Clan Ghost Bear, how we need. Many of us have Been Ghost Bears in one form or another since the 90s.

Edited by CoffiNail, 03 March 2014 - 07:58 PM.

#19 Mezlo Steele

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:46 PM

Thanks for your info CoffiNails,then perhaps you can answer the question of how you recieved a sub forum?

#20 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:52 PM

The 4 invading clans have subforums...that is where that came from...not from any groups that emerged to carry banners.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users