Official Clan Units?

24 replies to this topic

#21 Mezlo Steele

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 120 posts
  • LocationRelentless Pursuit Vincent Mk.42-class Corvette. Inbound to the Inner Sphere

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

I understand they are the four invading Clans,but who gave them the sub forums? Someone had to make them sub forums and by doing such,it gave those four Clans a tremendous advantage. So once agin I simply ask How did they get those sub forums?

#22 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

The mods/devs gave them it. Only because they are "the big four" and are the invading clans in 3050.

#23 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:05 PM

View PostMezlo Mezzerak, on 03 March 2014 - 08:56 PM, said:

I understand they are the four invading Clans,but who gave them the sub forums? Someone had to make them sub forums and by doing such,it gave those four Clans a tremendous advantage. So once agin I simply ask How did they get those sub forums?

PGI did. PGI did so ostensibly to introduce them as the four potential equivalents to Great Houses for when CW comes out.

As I mentioned earlier, given the historical timeline and the lack of overt activity by the Home Clans etc., PGI's tact seems to be to generally relegate the non-invader clans to a secondary status in order to promote the canonical story-line to some degree. Just as they ignore St. Ives in the IS etc.

#24 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:14 AM

View PostLukoi, on 03 March 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

PGI did. PGI did so ostensibly to introduce them as the four potential equivalents to Great Houses for when CW comes out.

As I mentioned earlier, given the historical timeline and the lack of overt activity by the Home Clans etc., PGI's tact seems to be to generally relegate the non-invader clans to a secondary status in order to promote the canonical story-line to some degree. Just as they ignore St. Ives in the IS etc.

This is basically the inherent reason.

Those were the clans that invaded in 3050. The others would be less relevant for some time to come yet.

Does it give them an inherent advantage in recruiting? Perhaps, but by my estimations only marginally so...

#25 GalaxyBluestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:33 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 03 March 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

Exactly. If things continue as they are, soon the Nova Cats, despite the terrible recruitment odds these forums offer us, will attain Galaxy status...

you haven't got me...yet :rolleyes:

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users