#42 SirLANsalot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:09 PM

View PostOdanan, on 03 March 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

Why it has 6 fingers in the hand? The concept art doesn't...

I loved the concept art (static image for the video), but it didn't translate very well to the game. Even do, I'm very happy that this important mech is finally in a Mechwarrior game. (BTW, the E3 variants looks very powerful)

And the hero mech? Could be a little better. One less hardpoint than the standard variants is enough, but it looks like "La Malinche" has 2 or 3 hardpoints short.

They reduce hardpoints on mechs if its going to have JJ. However they removed the JJ's and didn't re-add the hardpoints back....so it is underpowered (sevearly) compared to how the normals are going to be. Unless they put some back on in the last minuet before the patch hits.

#43 Hans Von Lohman

• Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:10 PM

View PostHawk819, on 03 March 2014 - 08:06 PM, said:

My mind is reeling with possibilities.

3 Medium Lasers: RT, LT, and H
LB 10 AC: LT
4t Ammo: 60 shots
SRM 6 w/Artemis: RT
2t Ammo: 200
ER Lg Laser: RA, LA
285 XL

Ain't she sweet?

Sure, but impossible. You seem to have added an extra torso laser hardpoint to the Right Torso that isn't there.

#44 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:10 PM

View PostButane9000, on 03 March 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

Looks more like a Kintaro to me. Kinda sad when it's supposed to have an iconic Atlas like face.

Like this:
Posted Image

fixt:
Posted Image

#45 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:12 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 03 March 2014 - 08:05 PM, said:

I think this is the first and most rare defense of the Atlas-K.

Nice try.

Yes, that's why the 400XL Boar's Head and and Battlemaster dominate the field...

Oh wait... they don't.

its all about the XL390 baby. But never in an atlas...

#46 FactorlanP

• 1,574 posts
  • LocationMy Wallet is closed until I see real progress.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:14 PM

View PostCattra Kell, on 03 March 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

Exclusive Look: Banshee Hero - La Malinche

THE BANSHEE

Originally produced in 2445, the Banshee is a forerunner to most modern BattleMechs. Despite what some might consider its grandfather status, the Banshee continues to be a major threat on the battlefield.

The unique “La Malinche” variant is a powerful war machine, and with the Aztec-inspired art of old Terra, she is both as beautiful, as she is deadly.

Equipped with a massive arsenal of weapons, there is guaranteed to be something for every MechWarrior. Along with the capability to equip an Anti-Missile System, “La Malinche” comes stock with a Small Pulse Laser in the head, a PPC in the left arm, an AC/10 and Medium Pulse Laser in the left torso, an LRM15 in the right torso, and finally a Large Pulse Laser in the right arm.

Moving at a top speed of 64.8 kph with the aforementioned weapons loadout is not a problem thanks to its 380XL Engine, and staying cool in the heat of battle is no sweat thanks to 16 upgraded Double Heat Sinks. And how does she handle? Well you're in luck, as I just happen to have received the latest diagnostic results. The tests show that the torso can move 110 degrees to each side with a 20 degree angle pitch, though it appears that the range of the arc results in a 10% reduction in speed. The arms are capable of moving 20 degrees to each side, and 30 degrees up and down. All this, combined with an Endo-Steel Internal Structure, and over 17 tons of Standard Armor, makes “La Malinche” a force to be reckoned with.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MechLab:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I find it amusing that you had to post so many screen shots. The smurfy-style mech lab cannot come too soon...

#47 Archon Adam Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 344 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:15 PM

A Banshee (Celtic mythology) with Aztec/Mexican trappings...

No. That... just doesn't work. As an Irish citizen, it is almost (almost) culturally offensive - and it certainly makes no sense whatsoever. I could even argue that the design is doubly-offensive, given that its name and evocative paint-job come from someone widely considered by many Meso-Americans to be a traitor and a spy. Change the paint job, change the name, erase this shameful release.

Now, I want to be clear - I wanted to buy a Hero banshee, but beyond the aforementioned offenses, this 'mech is just ugly (it looks almost nothing like the BattleTech design), the hard-points are poor, and it looks almost like a 'mech built from cast-off BattleMaster parts. I'm going to say the art director for this Hero 'mech made a very poor choice, and that's the first time that I've ever criticized a Hero 'mech from you guys. Flatly, it looks like it was put together last-minute, and in a very lazy fashion.

TLDR: Not Celtic, offensively named/styled after a controversial Meso-American figure, no visor/death's-head look, none of the 'brawn' appearance, looks like it was made from in-game BattleMaster parts. Poor effort.

Edited by Arrachtas, 03 March 2014 - 11:18 PM.

#48 Hans Von Lohman

• Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:17 PM

View PostArrachtas, on 03 March 2014 - 08:15 PM, said:

A Banshee (Celtic mythology) with Aztec/Mexican trappings.

No. That... just doesn't work.

I wanted to buy the Hero banshee, but this is ugly, the hard-points are poor, and I'll be waiting for the C-Bill version. I'm going to say the art director for this Hero 'mech made a very poor choice, and that's the first time that I've ever criticized a Hero 'mech from you guys.

It's a giant robot with lasers, and THAT is what seems unrealistic about it?

#49 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:20 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 03 March 2014 - 08:05 PM, said:

I think this is the first and most rare defense of the Atlas-K.

Nice try.

Yes, that's why the 400XL Boar's Head and and Battlemaster dominate the field...

Oh wait... they don't.

My 365XL BLR-1S does dominate the battlefield... but that's because it's a super-Thug (3xPPC, 2xSRM6)

#50 Damocles69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 888 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:24 PM

i guess i should thank you guys for saving me money

thank you for making a god awful looking hero mech with Pretty Baby caliber hard points BUT adding jump jets to it.

then immediately removing those jjs because you are afraid of P2W cries

you guys must not like money

#51 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:25 PM

View PostOdanan, on 03 March 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

Why it has 6 fingers in the hand? The concept art doesn't...

I loved the concept art (static image for the video), but it didn't translate very well to the game. Even so, I'm very happy that this important mech is finally in a Mechwarrior game. (BTW, the E3 variants looks very powerful)

And the hero mech? Could be a little better. One less hardpoint than the standard variants is enough, but it looks like "La Malinche" has 2 or 3 hardpoints short.

OK.............um....IDK, not loving it, but, hated the concept art, I think it is too fat and soft like the Orion concept art was.

#52 NautilusCommand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 695 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:27 PM

View PostButane9000, on 03 March 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

Looks more like a Kintaro to me. Kinda sad when it's supposed to have an iconic Atlas like face.

Like this:
Posted Image

this looks sick, the other does not.
Does anyone see the problem? The MW:O one is bad and is doomed to the trash bin. (I hope it gets binned for sure) Go back to the Drawing board and make a good looking mech.

#53 Wriath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

I'll run the non hero variants.

#54 Wikikomoto

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 119 posts
  • LocationVancouver BC Canada

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

the banshee and not the mackie?? lame, i really wanted to try out the REAL grandfather of battlemechs ;)

#55 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

Yeh, another Hero Mech with DHS to hide the baddie heat system. At most, 10-12 DHS would be perfectly viable for a build like that or 16-20 SHS in TT with those multiple ranges.

#56 Da Ugh 1701

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 104 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota, USA

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:40 PM

Sorry, but to me the Banshee looks.....sad. I don't much care for the 'mech. I understand needing an XL engine with all that firepower, but I happen to agree with some other posts that this 'mech is not all that nice. Just my opinion.

#57 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

Looks awesome!! But it's going to be total scrap metal when the clan's omnimechs invade this summer

Edited by Grimwill, 03 March 2014 - 08:42 PM.

#58 Da Ugh 1701

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 104 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota, USA

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:43 PM

View PostDaUgh1701, on 03 March 2014 - 08:40 PM, said:

Sorry, but to me the Banshee looks.....sad. I don't much care for the 'mech. I understand needing an XL engine with all that firepower, but I happen to agree with some other posts that this 'mech is not all that nice. Just my opinion.

I'm waiting for the Marauder and Warhammer. I had real fun playing those on the tabletop board game. (but I usually modified them a little so I could add Jump Jets).

#59 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

Cant spell la-malinche without the Lame!

*coining LAME just in case these things turn out to be the Pretty Baby 2.0

#60 Blacke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts
  • Location3rd Takata Lancers

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:49 PM

View PostDaUgh1701, on 03 March 2014 - 08:43 PM, said:

I'm waiting for the Marauder and Warhammer. I had real fun playing those on the tabletop board game. (but I usually modified them a little so I could add Jump Jets).

Since both have major license issues you are going to be waiting a few decades.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users