Hero Banshee "la Malinche"

277 replies to this topic

#261 xXBagheeraXx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:37 PM

I took a look at all the models in smurfy's...this is probably the only assault I wont purchase...in the cbill variants all the stinking weapons are toso mounted only so if anyone is too high overhead...gg, you cant bring any guns to bear on them...God Help you if some bunny hopping Victor gets on your butt.

#262 AntharPrime

• 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:48 PM

View PostHans Von Lohman, on 04 March 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

See, there I have to disagree with you. I want to see the deaths head, and I cannot see it with a medium laser stuck in the mouth of the Banshee.

I am happy to hear that the other Banshees have a forehead laser.

I'd rather have a recessed flamer in there so it can look like the Banshee is breathing fire. Was sort of holding some hope that I could have a fire breathing Banshees so I could fire the flamer with every kill.

#263 no one

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 533 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

View PostHans Von Lohman, on 04 March 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

See, there I have to disagree with you. I want to see the deaths head, and I cannot see it with a medium laser stuck in the mouth of the Banshee.

I am happy to hear that the other Banshees have a forehead laser.

I would like to see the mouth weapon recessed or otherwise less visible, but from a functional standpoint, having a laser or flamer centered directly over the cockpit is going to obscure your view far worse than a 'Mouth' mounted weapon. Hell, all you need to do to satisfy both parties is to simplify the model to something with a properly intimidating and cavernous, shadowy maw. Then you don't need to model a weapon there at all.

Edited by no one, 04 March 2014 - 06:06 PM.

#264 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

View PostAlex Iglesias, on 04 March 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

just gonna throw in.

La Malinche is meant to represent the ride of notable pilot "El Guapo"

additionally, the head energy hardpoint is mounted on the forehead of all the normal variants. Only the hero version has the energy hardpoint in the mouth. I thought it would suit the personality of this ride. Toss a flamer in there for a hauptman style cigar.

Thanks! -_-

Might you be able to tell us about the affiliations of some of the other Hero 'Mechs - specifically, who are the pilots of Golden Boy, Oxide, and Grid Iron supposed to be, and what are their unit/faction affiliations? Also, what is the unit/faction affiliation of Leigh Voss, the pilot of Jester? :rolleyes:

#265 Kilo 40

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:48 PM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 04 March 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

Thus far we haven't been required to buy any "Hero mechs" in order to unlock a chassis.

huh?

I wasn't suggesting anything like that at all. I was saying that even though there maybe only 2 variants of a chassis in the past, nothing is stopping PGI from coming up with more variants on their own.

in other words, a mech having only 1 or 2 variants shouldn't be a reason to not bring that mech into the game.

Edited by Kilo 40, 04 March 2014 - 07:49 PM.

#266 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

View Postanubis969, on 04 March 2014 - 03:18 PM, said:

Actually it's worse than that. If you look at the legs you can see that there are two images of the 'mech, one on top of the other. Which is why it appears to have more weapons than it should. Makes you wonder how on earth that image ever got approved.

Is it a surprise that no one in the marketing or art department caught that? Nope... just a big failure on someone's part of not proofing material before it's posted to the public to tear apart... coming from a graphics design background... that's just bad LOL!

#267 9thDeathscream

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 563 posts
  • LocationDown Under. 260 pinging.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:25 PM

I Got one. Don't waste ur money!!!

#268 Kyzar Kon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:44 PM

Love the Banshee in TT!

The models screaming face was a disappointment as well as another under-slung gun.

We have to face that Battletech has good mechs and bad mechs, It was designed that way for variation and lore. I love battletech for this, but when it comes to attempting to stay as close as possible to TT and translating it to MW:O with such flexibility in customization people are going to want top tier mechs (i.e. Thunderhawk TDK-7x)

The devs can level the playing field with bad mechs with little adjustments that aren't rules. Example: Make the Banshee have an above average torso twist/range. Model design is a big part in this. Look how its affected the Awesome mech. The size of its torso completely diminishes its functionality as a 80 tonner. (Its amusing as the Awesome had one of the smallest assault frames in MW4.)

The visual design team needs to start thinking little more about functionality over looks. This is becoming the dominating decision in buying mechs.

#269 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:56 PM

View PostKilo 40, on 04 March 2014 - 07:48 PM, said:

huh?

I wasn't suggesting anything like that at all. I was saying that even though there maybe only 2 variants of a chassis in the past, nothing is stopping PGI from coming up with more variants on their own.

in other words, a mech having only 1 or 2 variants shouldn't be a reason to not bring that mech into the game.

Ah. May have read in a bit too far. The only 'mechs we've gotten without canon stock loadouts have been the "Hero" variants.

#270 Olunn

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:48 PM

View PostAntharPrime, on 04 March 2014 - 05:48 PM, said:

I'd rather have a recessed flamer in there so it can look like the Banshee is breathing fire. Was sort of holding some hope that I could have a fire breathing Banshees so I could fire the flamer with every kill.
sorry, the banshee was made to suck hard, that's why it has the weapon port where it's mouth is.

#271 Reitrix

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:52 AM

View PostAkulla1980, on 04 March 2014 - 08:25 PM, said:

I Got one. Don't waste ur money!!!

I'm enjoying the Banshee. Except that i effectively have 70 CT armor. Drill out that Ballistic Torso and GG, I'm about as dangerous as a Locust.

#272 IceCase88

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 689 posts
  • LocationDenzien of K-Town

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:27 AM

I will wait for the cbill versions especially after getting burned by the Boar's Head. The BNC-3E looks intriguing. I would buy the hero if every time you killed a mech a Mayan sacrifice table appeared and your mech ripped the engine out of the enemy mech's chest (image not inserted due to graphic nature... :P) followed by this...

#273 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:21 AM

View PostAlex Iglesias, on 04 March 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

just gonna throw in.

La Malinche is meant to represent the ride of notable pilot "El Guapo"

additionally, the head energy hardpoint is mounted on the forehead of all the normal variants. Only the hero version has the energy hardpoint in the mouth. I thought it would suit the personality of this ride. Toss a flamer in there for a hauptman style cigar.

Thanx for the information Alex! I kinda wondered about the head laser when I saw the other Banshee modells in the skills tree. So one thing making the hero Banshee a bit more special, hmmm if only we could paint the snakeskin pattern on it and play Godzilla!? :P

I think the main reason for people stumbling about the new Banshee design is three things:
1) The head shape, instead of the canine/feline/demon skull look with the fang-like overbite, the model rather has an underbite making it looking less aggressive but rather looking like a shocked/mouthbreathing bulldog.
2) The original TRO3025/TRO3050 artwork shows a more lanky mech and the mwo model rather is bulky like an Atlas.
3) Six fingers?

As discussed here:
http://mwomercs.com/...or-the-banshee/
and here:
http://www.nogutsnog...g14339#msg14339

And I do appologize in forward if I may have put to harsh words in there. It is more a bit frustration talking because the Banshee is one of my favourite modells and I have been looking forward to it in mwo for some time. Exspecially seeing all those great models* you have done for MWO so far this kind of was a let down for me - but I try to let it grow on me - or maybe hope for some facelift or different chooseable headstyles in the far future.

*you turned the Cataphract from an inferior model to awesome! Also the Firestarter just looks so sweet! I mean really all those mechs in MWO looked really very good to me - big fan here.

Edited by Ryoken, 05 March 2014 - 07:41 AM.

#274 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:32 AM

Uh just found some nice Mexican Stoner Rock for those who like some fitting music in their new ride:
http://spacegoatmx.bandcamp.com/
:P

#275 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

PGI, please give this hero mech a buff so people will buy it:

Any of the following changes would be fair, without getting close to the P2W:

- Add an ECM hardpoint (easiest) - most adequate for a mech with a "traitor" name;
- Add an extra missile hardpoint to the RT - the mech has 20 missile tubes for a LRM15, so you can add a missile hardpoint with 5 tubes;
- Add Jump Jets.

#276 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:40 PM

View PostOdanan, on 05 March 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

PGI, please give this hero mech a buff so people will buy it:

Any of the following changes would be fair, without getting close to the P2W:

- Add an ECM hardpoint (easiest) - most adequate for a mech with a "traitor" name;
- Add an extra missile hardpoint to the RT - the mech has 20 missile tubes for a LRM15, so you can add a missile hardpoint with 5 tubes;
- Add Jump Jets.

start an OP in feature suggestions, so you can add a pole. Plus I think PGI pays more attention there. Did they ever buff the oxide like Russ was saying they would?

#277 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 March 2014 - 05:40 PM, said:

start an OP in feature suggestions, so you can add a pole. Plus I think PGI pays more attention there. Did they ever buff the oxide like Russ was saying they would?

OK, I did it.

Here is a topic with a pool about the La Malinche hero mech.

All of you discontented, please give your thoughts.

#278 Atheus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 826 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:09 PM

Psh. This piece of garbage doesn't even have an SRM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users