5 replies to this topic

#1 S22

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 21 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

I would like to see a break down of damage and accuracy by weapon in the after action report.

The information will be helpful when testing and tinkering with different builds.

I don't know much about programming or developing a game, but to me it seems that PGI already collects the information so it should be an easy addition.

#2 UNO168

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:52 AM

View PostS22, on 03 March 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

I would like to see a break down of damage and accuracy by weapon in the after action report.

The information will be helpful when testing and tinkering with different builds.

I don't know much about programming or developing a game, but to me it seems that PGI already collects the information so it should be an easy addition.

I believe it's something like a combat logs?
http://mwomercs.com/...32#entry3189132

#3 S22

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 21 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

Combat logs are interesting but I just want to know how much damage I dealt with each weapon and how accurate I am e.g.
Overall damage = 500
ac2 - 250 @ 89%
Large Laser = 150 @ 72%
SRM = 100 @ 49%

PGI already displays the total damage dealt so this should be an easy addition; PGI already collects the individual stats.

#4 Flying Blind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 776 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

View PostS22, on 04 March 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

Combat logs are interesting but I just want to know how much damage I dealt with each weapon and how accurate I am e.g.
Overall damage = 500
ac2 - 250 @ 89%
Large Laser = 150 @ 72%
SRM = 100 @ 49%

PGI already displays the total damage dealt so this should be an easy addition; PGI already collects the individual stats.

This, so much I can't even say

#5 no one

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 533 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:26 PM

Forum>Profile>Stats>WeaponStats
Will give you a basic break-down of your average effectiveness with each weapon. I'm not saying that's a perfect solution, or that it absolves PGI from any need for this feature, but you might find it useful. There was, at one point, a little third party application that would do what you are requesting, but I can not seem to find the thread for it again. :rolleyes:

Edited by no one, 04 March 2014 - 07:28 PM.

#6 S22

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 21 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:54 PM

It was during my numerous visits to the "Weapon Stats" page that I came up with my initial idea of weapon damage breakdown in the after action report.
During the beta (a period of numerous bugs and glitches), a lot of players fired their weapons at the beginning of the match to test if they worked or not (some people still do so). So all those lasers and ACs I fired are still part of the stats under the "Weapon Stats". That's why I don't care too much for the page.
I would love to improve my builds and I believe a key element to improvement is to be able to know how much damage is done by the corresponding weapon.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users