- - - - -

How To Start Playing

3 replies to this topic

#1 Crymson warrior

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:10 AM

yeah I know it sounds stupid but I don't have any idea how to start playing. I opened the launcher but there's no login button now I am installing a path but I'm not sure if it is correct please somebody can give me a detailed help with my problem?

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:13 AM

Download the launcher (seems you've done this step)
Patch the game (Your first patch will be over 3 gigs, you need to download the entire game)
The blue "Patch" button will turn into a blue "Play" button whren the patch is complete.

Pressing the "Play" button in the launcher (after you have completed all patches) will send you to the login screen.

After logging in you will be able to select one of the four Trial Mechs and then launch the game with the "Play Now" button at the top right of the client. However, before doing so, I strongly reccomend you use the Tutorial button on the left side of the screen, as well as try out the Training Grounds button a few times.

Edited by Redshift2k5, 04 March 2014 - 09:15 AM.

#3 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

You came at a good time too, new patch and two new potential mechs for a first purchase, plus a lot of good stuff from this patch alongside. Other than that, do as Redshift has said. :)

#4 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:17 PM

VERY IMPORTANT

Since you just started the game

Your first 25 matches have a huge earning boost to them. You also get one day of free premium time that you should redeem ASAP to double up on your giant cadet boost (the name for the bonus give for your first 25 matches). Save very single cent you earn until you are done with your first 25.

You should have earned between 9 and 15 million C-Bills at this point. Use them to buy a mech and customize it (If possible).

Here's a simple breakdown of weight classes:

1- Lights: Fast with decent firepower, and little armor.
2- Mediums: All purpose mechs with good speed, maneuverability and firepower (my personal recommendation is this weight class, either shadow-hawks or hunchbacks. I lean towards Hunchbacks.)
3- Heavies: Good firepower, slower speed and mobility, but make up for it with big guns.
4- Assaults: each one is a walking front line. Maximum firepower, and slow as a glacier, but they are central to the team's survival. I would steer away from them until you get used to the mechs and how they pilot, and what roles they can do.

Also, head to this part of the website, and watch the tutorial videos:
http://mwomercs.com/...raining-grounds

They will help you a lot.

That's a quick summary of what you should know heading into the game as a new player.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users