Very Small Atlas Change For Very Big Results

23 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll time! (79 member(s) have cast votes)

I approve of this change!

1. Absolutely (63 votes [79.75%])

Percentage of vote: 79.75%

2. Never (16 votes [20.25%])

Percentage of vote: 20.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Matthew Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 891 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:37 PM

Yeah, sounds good. Why not?

Another thing I think it could use just as well is increased vertical torso pitch even if it is just 2 or 3 degrees.

Edited by Matthew Ace, 19 March 2015 - 02:37 PM.

#22 2Slice

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:43 PM

I'm not a TT guy, but I can only figure that the "arms" are there for the melee, which isn't part of MWO (which is fine by me).

That said, to put the weapons at the lowest part of a 100 ton giant mech, seems kinda stupid.

When there were only a few options, the Atlas might have been op, but there are now many better options. This suggestion makes sense.

TT ppl can go back and play it. This is real-time combat. A roll of the dice doesn't decide things anymore.

Change makes sense.

#23 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,748 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 04 October 2015 - 03:58 PM

If arm-mounted location can not be customized then give the ability to temporarily raise or move the arms forward and up. If all combat was on flat terrain weapon location would rarely matter unless you are trying to shoot over either a friendly or an opponent.

#24 Homeskilit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 523 posts
  • LocationFlanking

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:40 PM

View PostZerberus, on 11 March 2014 - 07:34 PM, said:

Also, I don`t think raising them all of 12 inches will make a significant difference in gameplay.

I think it really limits the Atlas' field of fire, it has trouble shooting at things that are above and below itself because of invisible ledges and other weird terrain anomalies. Also, the arm weapons do not hit where the targeting reticle is in these situations, it hits just below it resulting in a miss, while the chest lasers will hit. If they were a little higher those shots would probably connect.

Edited by Homeskilit, 04 October 2015 - 04:40 PM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users