Mechwarrior Memorabilia and apparel?

12 replies to this topic

#1 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:21 AM

Just putting it out there.

I know that when it comes to fashion statements, wearing clothes for a tabletop or computer game tends to be roughly on par with "Three wolf moon" or joke t-shirts talking about being retired. Still if you were given the choice of various forms of memorabilia or apparel related to the upcoming MWO (or even just Battletech in general) what kind of things would you want to have?

------Just to save a post, this is the end of the question---

Myself, I would love to get some sort of a T-shirt, but not something OVERTLY Battletech. I tend to like T-shirts that are more stylized or ones that would require you to know enough about the universe to even notice that it's not just an ordinary t-shirt. The other pet peeve I've got are tees with giant website URLs or product logos on them, even if usually on the back. I'd never wear a T-shirt with a giant MECHWARRIOR ONLINE Plastered on the back, or even on the front.

Long story short, I want to be able to blend with the crowd and still be able to wear it as fashionably as if I were wearing some silk-screen shirt from a department store - not from Gencon.

Another thing that I think would be really awesome after working as a wristwatch salesman for a year would be to get Casio to make Custom G-shock watches, as they tend to do with many other brands. These promotional watches tend to only be around for a short time, but can exist as collectors items. If worn, they're also extremely durable, and have had nothing but great luck with mine. Personally, I think that the Battlemaster silhouette from the Battletech logo would look right at home on an olive or gunmetal colored watch band, or maybe as part of the back-light.

Lastly, one thing that both franchises have been lacking in are stickers. I have no stickers, bumper or otherwise, to decorate my various boxes or the laptop I recently bought just for the sake of being able to run MWO. I've got a sweet Shadowrun sticker from the inside of the Runners Toolkit, but I can't remember any product that released Battletech stickers. Embroidered patches are something that would be great to see revisited, too.

Edited by ice trey, 16 November 2011 - 02:22 AM.

#2 Aethon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:36 AM

Some polo shirts with various manufacturers' logos/mottos on them would be kind of cool. Would look completely normal, unless you knew who Diverse Optics and Defiance Industries are. :)

EDIT: Also, nice sig. :D

Edited by Aethon, 16 November 2011 - 02:45 AM.

#3 Cake Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 500 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHipsterland, USA

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:38 AM

I'm actually going to say that I don't think they should shy away from full-shirt graphics. I'll play their game, and if it's good, I'll wear their merch with pride. I'm not going to be shamed out of supporting something I enjoy. I think this is a damaging stigma, and considering the fact that gaming is a muliple-billion dollar industry and one of the few that's really growing in a significant fashion right now, it's time for gamers of all walks and styles to step it up and embrace what we do and love.

So let's mock up some shirts!

Wouldn't mind a line of mech shirts.

Edited by Cake Bandit, 16 November 2011 - 04:08 AM.

#4 Atlas3060

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 661 posts
  • LocationFederated Suns

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:35 AM

I wear my Battletech shirt that features the top of the Reseen Battlemaster whenever I can in public.
Those that understand what it is sometimes ask where I got it while others just say stuff like, "I loved the Iron man movie!"

So for memorabilia I'd purchase a low key shirt or some keychains. Of course while typing this I am also plotting to buy as many 'Mech patches from various websites as I can.

Edited by Atlas3060, 16 November 2011 - 06:36 AM.

#5 PropWash

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 89 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, MI

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:24 AM

Shameles plug here.

Virtual World still produces a bunch of officially licensed BattleTech promotional merchandise including many of the oft pirated 'Mech embroidered patches.

Our official web store is right in the middle of a transition, but when it comes back on-line, I'll share that information.

#6 Atlas3060

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 661 posts
  • LocationFederated Suns

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:28 AM

And I've bought a couple from the Dallas pod guys during A-Kon. Which brings me to a very important question: When will faction specific patches be available (if ever)?

#7 Cake Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 500 posts
  • LocationHipsterland, USA

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:57 AM

View PostPropWash, on 16 November 2011 - 08:24 AM, said:

Shameles plug here.

Virtual World still produces a bunch of officially licensed BattleTech promotional merchandise including many of the oft pirated 'Mech embroidered patches.

Our official web store is right in the middle of a transition, but when it comes back on-line, I'll share that information.

Ooh! This is relevant to my interests.

#8 Redtail

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:10 PM

I would *totally* wear a Defiance Industries polo.

#9 PropWash

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 89 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, MI

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:22 PM

View PostAtlas3060, on 16 November 2011 - 09:28 AM, said:

And I've bought a couple from the Dallas pod guys during A-Kon. Which brings me to a very important question: When will faction specific patches be available (if ever)?

Not enough interest in them, too many factions.

#10 Atlas3060

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 661 posts
  • LocationFederated Suns

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:30 AM

Not even just the 5 Houses?
Not even just the one House that matters...Davion? :)
I promise to throw money at you for them!

#11 Sporklift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 279 posts
  • LocationDecorah, Iowa

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

A Mechwarrior Online sticker. A real one, that I can put on the side of my tower. Maybe some fridge magnets too. And faction coasters; I'm pretty sure someone already sells faction stickers but not coasters. Maybe a NAIS or Naglering graduate bumper sticker.

#12 Spiralcrisis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 207 posts
  • LocationI'm not sure I want to know.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

Two things, I would like to get the patches if you would put the site up after the transition; I would also buy a jacket with let's say a large FedSuns logo on back and a small one on front.

#13 J a d e P h o e n i x

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMooresville, IN

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

View PostAtlas3060, on 17 November 2011 - 07:30 AM, said:

Not even just the 5 Houses?
Not even just the one House that matters...Davion? Posted Image
I promise to throw money at you for them!

In case you're still watching, but if you want patches like those then you'll need to search for things like these- http://mwomercs.com/...looking-to-buy/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users