Banshee Build Dump.

65 replies to this topic

#61 Jorunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 136 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:11 AM

Ok my first forum post after a thousand or so matches (feel like I'm finally not a newb anymore) on a pretty wide range of mechs I've blown a lot of real money on. I seem to gravitate toward the heavy/assault long range sniper as I'm not very good at close quarters maneuvering or shooting on the run lol

I have a little different take on the Banshee 3E as I like ACs and distance. Still running the 2x PPC but with 3x AC2 and a UAC5. I've blown Atlas's to hell and have been very survivable with an XL335 (had one laying around I plan to upgrade). It runs a little hot but cools down fast with 14 DHS. The UAC5 and one AC2 are up pretty high so can snipe over hills without full exposure.

Smurfy's
Posted Image

I'm curious what the more experienced Banshee pilots like/dislike about this setup?

I don't like my 3S yet I was toying with 3x PPC, 2 ERLL with 17 DHS is still way hot. I'm chain firing the PPCs and wow they fire fast.

#62 Jorunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 136 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:07 PM

Update to my Banshee love affair. I got the 3M and LOVE it. XL350, 18 DHS to barely control the heat of 4x PPC, 2x ER LL. I chain fire everything and with a 4 second cool down on weapons I can deliver ridiculous damage. And now that I have the Master Banshee set I'm running this heavily armored monster at 65.7 Kph. Alpha of 58 you have to cool down for most of the rest of the game though lol I don't see an exciting alternate build for the 3S yet. I have my heavy energy boat and heavy Dakka tank...

Smurfys

Posted Image

#63 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:14 AM

sadly the BEST build is thee cheese build
4ML's and 3 AC'5's, armor, engine, heatsinks to finish it off

#64 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:57 AM

i am having a good time with the Dual LBX "Btch Slapper"

4 mls
360 STD
5 DHS
endo
75 rounds

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3678362683405e7

I can dig this assault because i don't have to use the arms!! and I hate the low slung arms on heavies+

Edited by Bigbacon, 06 August 2014 - 08:19 AM.

#65 Katotonic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 169 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:32 AM

View PostBigbacon, on 06 August 2014 - 07:57 AM, said:

i am having a good time with the Dual LBX "Btch Slapper"

4 mls
360 STD
5 DHS
endo
75 rounds

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3678362683405e7

I can dig this assault because i don't have to use the arms!! and I hate the low slung arms on heavies+

A good idea, not sure I am a fan simply because it lacks any sort of true ranged weapon (the LBX reaches 540 but the spread is WAY too much at anything over 300 or so). But up close, this could hurt.

That said, move your ammo out of the CT and ST! you are just begging for an ammo explosion. Put as much as possible in the feet and with the extra one, maybe in the laser side arm? that way if it blows then you MIGHT lose the arm and ST but it shouldn't be enough dmg to hit the CT and kill you.

#66 Torezu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 329 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:51 AM

My BNC-3E actually ended up fairly close to one of the meta builds. Handles heat well, decent damage booster with the pair of LLs, and range the 4 ML variety doesn't have. Fun to pilot. The 2 MLs are just for that extra kick over the top up close. I've had one 1000+ damage match with it already, since I finished kitting it two days ago.

Edited by Torezu, 04 September 2015 - 09:53 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users