48 replies to this topic

#41 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:26 AM

View PostEdward Mattlov, on 15 June 2014 - 12:23 AM, said:

If you are a warden, then there is no place for you in Clan Jade Falcon. Terra is the birthright of the clans and any clan which refuses to follow the vision of Kerensky and liberate the peoples of the Inner Sphere from themselves, will be swept aside by the true heirs of Kerensky!

LOL back when i was a coyote i was warden. Being a warden in CJF would just be crazy

#42 Daneel Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 173 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:58 PM

View PostPaintedWolf, on 07 March 2014 - 06:49 PM, said:

Pro or Con and why?

We are not supposed to know about this as an item yet..... But con.

View PostKadix, on 23 March 2014 - 07:04 AM, said:

Aren't there also some true Falcons, members of the expedition to take Skye, that are still holding Skye and the surrounding planets without getting involved in Malvina's treachery.

More than that!

#43 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:02 PM

View PostGrimwill, on 15 June 2014 - 12:26 AM, said:

LOL back when i was a coyote i was warden. Being a warden in CJF would just be crazy

Well if you are warden you should stay that way or just hide it, but not change your philosophy.. ;)

#44 yalk

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:14 PM

It's dumb, just like all CJF mechs with wings and claws that are supposed to DFA...yes, one of the most ardent crusaders and traditionalist clans prefers physical contact now...dumb

Hopefully Malvina gets killed in a way that doesn't harm the clan too bad

Edited by yalk, 22 June 2014 - 05:16 PM.

#45 Forte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:40 PM

Falcons while traditional are also warriors. You have to use what works and flow with the course of battle. DFA and some Melee (tho not as a course of action, but a preparation for the eventuality) are valid tactics now. What is worse, to lose the legacy of the Jade Falcon or to use claws on a surat? Obviously you put your honor and glory on back burner to ensure the Clan's victory.

#46 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:08 PM

View Postyalk, on 22 June 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

It's dumb, just like all CJF mechs with wings and claws that are supposed to DFA...yes, one of the most ardent crusaders and traditionalist clans prefers physical contact now...dumb

Hopefully Malvina gets killed in a way that doesn't harm the clan too bad

We love brawling, where have you been?

#47 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:06 AM

View PostEdward Mattlov, on 23 June 2014 - 10:08 PM, said:

We love brawling, where have you been?

Brawling yes, but i thought the most traditionalist Clan would indeed hate physical attacks.

#48 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

Read "Rending of the falcon" while on military training for two weeks. I have to say i don't like Malvina a whole lot in DD terms she is a "lawful evil' character...which is ok i mean i like some anti-hero's.

But Malvina is angry all of the time in the book and has none of the likeable characteristics of past JF characters like Aidan Pryde or Marthe both of whom showed compassion and restraint at times. It's hard to like a character who yells at everyone and when taking the Jade Falcon prisoners as isora says to herself "they belong to me now" (nooo not really malvina they belong to the clan) not to mention she being disguised by the Hell's Horse galaxy commanders definition of a warrior of "one that serves others". She comes off as selfish, arrogant, and pigheaded.

That being said i approve of her civil war against Khan Jana Pryde. (probably the best part of the novel is when she faced Jana at the grand council and when Jana ask Malvina what she could do for her , Malvina responds "YOU CAN DIE!!) Like i said before it's hard to like Malvina and maybe it's the writers fault that they make Jana actually look like the good guy. It really boils down to the lesser of two evils. Malvina the psychopath or Jana the traditionalist fascist. So why support Malvina??? Simple...because she wanted to assimilate the Lyran space in the JFOZ into JF. Sort of like what the Ghost Bears with the FRR. It was only Jana getting in her way in achieving this lofty goal

Edited by Grimwill, 28 July 2014 - 08:51 PM.

#49 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:59 AM

The very few things i have read about Malvina. .Well, made me hate her of course :)

When they want it, the BT writers can very easily banalize a character to "good guy" or "king of everything evil". Take Joanna. Most often than not, she was rude, aggressive, cruel, arrogant, frustrated and lot more... But following her story i started to like her character. She was a kind of anti-hero, compared to Aidan or Horse..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users