65 replies to this topic

#61 Flitzomat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,108 posts
  • Location@ the bowling alley

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:36 AM

Just got notice that in the German TT comunity a charity convention is being organized. The outreach goes to the MW:O community as there are some links.

So there are things happening already...

#62 paxmortis

• 1,548 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:22 AM

I still think that the idea it self, is a good one.

But of course discussion about an idea is absolutly necassary.

#63 John Archer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 402 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:36 PM

View PostEscef, on 10 March 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

I've suggested a Sarah's Jenner cockpit statue as a good option. However, I've heard a very interesting opinion on the idea of an annual Sarah's sale: Don't do it because it makes it harder for her family because it will reopen a wound every year. And that's a fair point.

An annual Sarah's sale item is a great idea, and I'm fully behind it. Just check with her family to make sure they're cool with it, that's all.

I agree with you. Definitely check with her family.

I also think that a charity event, sponsored by PGI every March (or push it to April) is an excellent idea!

#64 Suzano

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:21 AM

View PostJohn Archer, on 27 March 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

I agree with you. Definitely check with her family.

I also think that a charity event, sponsored by PGI every March (or push it to April) is an excellent idea!

/sign

#65 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:47 AM

lol too bad there is no -1

cause im against this. its a waste of time and resources that does not move us along with development. we all want this game to be fun and amazing so lets not slow this down any further.

if you really want to donate, just do what i do and donate money and clothing to your local foundations. you wont get a mech for it or even a thank you because the act of helping others can be gratifying enough.

#66 Flitzomat

• 1,108 posts
  • Location@ the bowling alley

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:23 AM

You know, it is not about the Mech. It is about setting something up with the entire community and doing smth good outside our little game.
Some people need an incentive to do so, others don´t even need a thank you. I think I heard this argument many times while this idea was being discussed and this is what everyone would agree upon in the end.

I am tired of explaining why donating effort does not inflict the development of the game. But if donated it just wouldn`t.

Anyways just a quick update: PGI is aware of this thread and at least didn´t say it is not a good idea but won´t do anything about it. No suprise looking at the number of likes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users