• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:21 PM

View PostWilliam Slayer, on 10 March 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

The problem seems to only be happening in game(this includes the training ground, but not the garage/hanger screens). As I move my mouse and my torso twists, I bring the mouse to a halt but the targeting continues to move. It honestly looks to me to be a computer simulation of the power of inertia. While cool, it is not necessarily an advantage for playing and target!

What mouse do you have?

#23 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSchools out at the Coventry Academy...

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

The mouse is an older Microsoft Intellimouse "5V" (optical, corded). My PC is a Dell "I3" I got from Best Buy about a year ago....

#24 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:46 PM

Try fooling around with your mouse deadzone setting... Google deadzone user.cfg

Edited by Mycrus, 10 March 2014 - 06:47 PM.

#25 Lord Curmudgeon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:57 PM

I had a similar problem that was only showing up in MWO. I couldn't replicate the drifting cursor anywhere else. I finally managed to catch the dog hair that was getting in the way of my mouse optical sensor only when on MWO. A pair of tweezers had it fixed right up. The way I move my mouse in MWO is different than in any other situation. So in short you may want to blow on it and see if you have a hair or fiber of some sort obscuring the lens on a periodic basis. Its the cheapest fix and a good place to start.

#26 Scurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 375 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:05 PM

View PostWilliam Slayer, on 10 March 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

The problem seems to only be happening in game(this includes the training ground, but not the garage/hanger screens). As I move my mouse and my torso twists, I bring the mouse to a halt but the targeting continues to move. It honestly looks to me to be a computer simulation of the power of inertia. While cool, it is not necessarily an advantage for playing and target!

Wait a minute.....there is inertia of a sort, depending on your Mech twist speed. Does this happen on all your Mechs? If it's only on slow mechs, then it's your torso twist speed not keeping up with your mouse pointer. And does it happen to both the torso (+ shape) and arm (small circle) crosshairs?

#27 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:06 AM

View PostScurry, on 10 March 2014 - 10:05 PM, said:

Wait a minute.....there is inertia of a sort, depending on your Mech twist speed. Does this happen on all your Mechs? If it's only on slow mechs, then it's your torso twist speed not keeping up with your mouse pointer. And does it happen to both the torso (+ shape) and arm (small circle) crosshairs?

at first I believe that that was part of the problem. But having done some more experimentation in the Training Grounds, I have found that some of the problem is taken care of by lowering the mouse sensitivity and reducing the acceleration to zero. Now instead of a drift at the end of a mouse move/torso twist, I am getting a bit of 'rubber band' as the cross hairs re-converge (arm lock off) and then jump a bit to the side.

at this point I want to thank everyone for their very insightful responses. It just goes to show what an awesome community this is that players who compete against you are willing to help you become a bigger threat to them on the field!

#28 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:54 AM

Actually, with MWO as opposed to other FPS type games it is better to lower your DPI settings. The speed at which your crosshairs move is completely limited to the speed the arm and the torso can move which is in turn limited server side. By lowering the mouse sensitivity you can also keep the crosshairs more stable as ideally (once this particular problem is fixed) the crossharis shuold be 100% immobile as long as your mech is not moving or your mouse is changing position (also meaning that you can fire at a pinpoint without worrying about recoil which is prevalent in other FPS type games).

View PostWilliam Slayer, on 11 March 2014 - 02:06 AM, said:

It just goes to show what an awesome community this is that players who compete against you are willing to help you become a bigger threat to them on the field!

Good point you make there... so dont forget, the best way to fix this is raising the mouse DPI, turning off your monitor when playing against me and flipping over your keyboard at the start of the match :)

#29 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:26 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 11 March 2014 - 02:54 AM, said:

Good point you make there... so dont forget, the best way to fix this is raising the mouse DPI, turning off your monitor when playing against me and flipping over your keyboard at the start of the match ;)

Lol. Will do! (Might improve my hit %!)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users