12 replies to this topic

#1 Manx Dragoon

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 6 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man , British Isles

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:58 AM

I gained the CN9-A[C} in the promotion and would like to buy two more versions to level them up.
Can I use a CN9-A and a CN9AL or does the CN9-A[C] count the same as the CN9-A?

Thanks

Rico

#2 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:01 AM

For XP purposes, the regular and champion variants are treated as one variant. CN9-A and CN9-A(C) is the same mech as far as pilot skills are concerned.

#3 CSHubert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 408 posts
  • LocationDenmark -Northern Europe

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:37 AM

I made that mistake for some time ago: the -A (champion) and the - A are the same and do not count towards masterlevel as different variants. Take your A (champion) as the regular A but with increase in XP earning. I got a YLW too and it is great fun. The D is a speed psycho and can be hilarious... The AL is a different variant than the A

Edited by CSHubert, 10 March 2014 - 02:38 AM.

#4 Manx Dragoon

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 6 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man , British Isles

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:54 AM

Thanks for the quick replies.
Looks like an AL and YLW then.

Rico

#5 YT Shidy

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:04 AM

View Post186Rico, on 10 March 2014 - 02:54 AM, said:

Thanks for the quick replies.
Looks like an AL and YLW then.

Rico

This is what I did : CN9-A(C), CN9-AL, CN9-YLW. I don't like the D variant because of it's very expensive with its XL Engine and I think it's bad to play a Centurion with a XL Engine (best zombie mech ever).

#6 Wrathful Scythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:09 AM

Try this one: CN9-AL

Really Powerful build which ist fast and stays cool most of the time. ;)

#7 Revorn

• The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:09 AM

A Cent.-D with an XL looks usefully those Days, because the fixed CT Hittlocation. Mostly i die this Days duo CT Death. Fitt in 2 AC2s, use the Range and you are fine with an XL.

For the AL, i like this Build, traditionell.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...07646de66705127

Edited by Revorn, 10 March 2014 - 05:14 AM.

#8 Barulf

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:11 AM

If you want a 300 XL enigine anyway (I like it in my YLW!) then the D is a "cheap" way to get it.
But i didn't like the D and sold it after levelling it out.

#9 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:17 AM

View PostBarulf, on 10 March 2014 - 05:11 AM, said:

If you want a 300 XL enigine anyway (I like it in my YLW!) then the D is a "cheap" way to get it.
But i didn't like the D and sold it after levelling it out.

Excellent advice. The 300XL is a great engine, if not in CN9s. And no reason you need to run the ad with it.

I'm firmly in the "a big arm gun Cent is an easily disarmed Cent" camp, so I'd recommend against the YLW and for the D, myself.

#10 YT Shidy

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:26 AM

View PostRevorn, on 10 March 2014 - 05:09 AM, said:

A Cent.-D with an XL looks usefully those Days, because the fixed CT Hittlocation. Mostly i die this Days duo CT Death. Fitt in 2 AC2s, use the Range and you are fine with an XL.

For the AL, i like this Build, traditionell.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...07646de66705127

When you're capable to avoid your center damages tanking with your arms, especially the left side, you can survive a long time focused with a standard engine. A bit difficult for new pilots but very usefull at long term ;)

For the AL, I'm using this build, deadly: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...aec6d0573b3839f

#11 Charons Little Helper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:31 AM

The Cent D can be pretty awesome. (perhaps not before hitbox change - I didn't have one then) Just don't think of it as a medium - think of it as a beefy light.

I have one with 2xSRM6, 2 med lasers & 2 machine guns. Once I get tweak - I'll be going over 128kph. It'd a great flanker. It's not great at killing lights - but lights have trouble killing it too. (due to speed - damage is spread - and enough armor that a Jenner D's streaks don't shred it)

However - I wouldn't use it unless you're willing to put at least a XL350 in it - otherwise too slow for the negatives.

#12 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,677 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:10 AM

View Post186Rico, on 10 March 2014 - 01:58 AM, said:

Can I use a CN9-A and a CN9AL or does the CN9-A[C] count the same as the CN9-A?

View PostModo44, on 10 March 2014 - 02:01 AM, said:

For XP purposes, the regular and champion variants are treated as one variant. CN9-A and CN9-A© is the same mech as far as pilot skills are concerned.

Not only that, but they ARE the same mech. They are the same variant with identical hardpoints, and everything, only one gets a 10% xp boost and the other does not. That's all a champion mech is: A normal variant with an xp boost (and a different default loadout). Everything else is identical so it counts as the same variant (cause it is).

#13 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:20 AM

I have them both but so I can have two diff load-outs w/o having to mech lab each time. 1 will be lrm or srm the other like the classic wit the ac 10

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users