#1 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:07 PM

Holy POPTART Heaven Batman... !! :ph34r:

Bought this game since I was recommended to.

Initial impression is that I sort of 'hate it' at the moment... Probably because after so, long I am not used to a fast paced a FPS with multiple OP mechanics...

The most glaring issue to me right now is the match maker...
Why is it putting most of the l<10 level players on the left side and >=30 level players on the right side ??? Pre-made groups ?? Who know...

Matches become very one sided in this multiplayer only game... I feel really sad this is only multiplayer... Such nice and FAST graphics assets would have made a VERY interesting game.

I will need to try to get used to this game some more...
A single player campaign who have helped people get used to all the mechanics.. Hiaz...

This TF newbie has noted that jumping around like an idiot, poptarting with the shotgun is more like to give you more pilot kills...

Having great difficulty engaging other more experienced pilots...
Issues probably due to..
1. not knowing the map..
2. difficulty detecting enemies before it is too late.
3. get hit by player who know how to use the OP 'burn card' system...

;)

If you do know understand what I meant by OP mechanics ?
Cloaking, super jump, mech-on-infantry with instat kill AOE weapons, Auto lock Guided bullet handguns, Power up system.. eg. double damange, regen, perma cloak, etc.......

Eccck.... I don't think I can get anywhere until I figure out all how to use all these things properly.

Edited: typos

Edited by ShinVector, 11 March 2014 - 05:14 PM.

#2 Lokust Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 927 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon, Inner Sphere.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:18 AM

thats why they had a week of open beta for you to figure those stuff out ;)

the parkour movement, like running while hanging on to walls, is whats got me interested in this game. you're right tho, having a single player campaign would have made the game 10x more awesome.

btw i play by the call sign "Lokustic" on titanfall.

#3 DLFReporter

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,193 posts
  • LocationAlpenfestung

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:21 AM

View PostShinVector, on 11 March 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

Eccck.... I don't think I can get anywhere until I figure out all how to use all these things properly.

The Tutorial is the right place to just do that. ;)

#4 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:34 AM

View PostDLFReporter, on 12 March 2014 - 04:21 AM, said:

The Tutorial is the right place to just do that. ;)

Sooo... That's where they teach you how to use the burn card system or how to grab pilots out of mechs ??
NOOOOOT !!
A single player 'long tutorial' is where the would/could covered these thing...
Well at least we should be thankful that these guy launched this game with a tutorial... *jab.. *jab.. ;)

This being said.. There seems to be way for you free play in the map to figure out where everything is...
+1 to MWO's training ground.. TF has no such thing... That I can see... Or selectable weapons training that I can see.. ugh...

Edited by ShinVector, 12 March 2014 - 05:42 AM.

#5 Alexandrix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 910 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:29 AM

I was in the process of debating going back on my word and purchasing a timberwolf A LA Carte.My mouse hovered over the button a few times.But then I said...naaahhhh.Why pay $55 for 1 mech(well,3 "variants" of the same mech) when I can get a whole other game for about that much? I bought Titanfall instead.

I'm glad I did.It's a load of fun.I'm not normally a fan of the fast paced CoD shooter style.I honestly prefer the more slow paced,methodical style of MWO.Well,at least what MWO could have been without all of the one shot alpha DD garbage anyways.

I think it's the fluidity of the game that makes it fun for me.The game is just so smooth to play.running along walls and jumping across rooftops.The transition from surface to surface just feels smooth,natural,and well done.

The fluidity doesn't stop at the on foot combat either.The titans move like I would expect them to,and they are not punished with a herky jerky sudden stop every time I step on a two foot tall pebble.

It runs silky smooth on max settings for me,and looks fantastic.You can actually see across the map without having to try and squint through a crappy Vaseline/grease/blur/greyfog filter over your eyes.

The game just has a high level of quality and production value.You can tell the people that made it,really wanted the game to be quality and fun.

And guess what? It has built in voice coms right out of the box! You can quickly and easily communicate with your team without any hassle or third party services! Imagine that! (or quickly and easily mute them if they are annoying :wacko:)

Don't get me wrong,the game isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination.Nothing is.There are some things I think they should have included in a campaign or tutorial before throwing you to multiplayer.So far my quibbles with the game are mostly minor.It is a ton of fun (for me),and it does have a high quality level to the game though out.

Edited by Alexandrix, 13 March 2014 - 10:36 AM.

#6 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:58 PM

The game is insane fun.

#7 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:12 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Hans Von Lohman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:52 AM

Do NOT buy this game on PC. There are already aimbots in use. I actually ran into one today, and the game isn't even a week old. I wish I had not wasted my money now.

I don't mean the smart pistol, I mean blatant aimbot hacks using the other weapons, in my case the other guy was using the "space M-14" rifle, and locked onto a guy in mid jump, killed him, and instantly me down in an alleyway and took me out next. I spectated my death and I was about to say that I was surprised, but really should I have been?

Get it on the consoles. I have not heard anything about them being hacked yet.

Edited by Hans Von Lohman, 14 March 2014 - 01:12 AM.

#9 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:26 AM

View PostHans Von Lohman, on 14 March 2014 - 12:52 AM, said:

Do NOT buy this game on PC. There are already aimbots in use. I actually ran into one today, and the game isn't even a week old. I wish I had not wasted my money now.

I don't mean the smart pistol, I mean blatant aimbot hacks using the other weapons, in my case the other guy was using the "space M-14" rifle, and locked onto a guy in mid jump, killed him, and instantly me down in an alleyway and took me out next. I spectated my death and I was about to say that I was surprised, but really should I have been?

Ahhh.. Great.. Now you can't tell the difference when you get killed by the in-game aimbot and this aimbot...

This is why I feel there are some people that always know where you are...

Edited by ShinVector, 14 March 2014 - 01:27 AM.

#10 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:27 AM

Well there's a perk that lets you see the enemy on the map and another that lets you see through walls so the wallhack is less than useless and i haven't seen a hacker (i think) yet so no need to go all 'Days of our lives' about it. Not a big drama and its not as if there hasn't been hacks in other games since the history of ever so calm down

#11 tempest238

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:26 AM

View PostKharnZor, on 14 March 2014 - 02:27 AM, said:

Well there's a perk that lets you see the enemy on the map and another that lets you see through walls so the wallhack is less than useless and i haven't seen a hacker (i think) yet so no need to go all 'Days of our lives' about it. Not a big drama and its not as if there hasn't been hacks in other games since the history of ever so calm down

While it is true that there are hacks for most if not all PC multiplayer games. If Respawn and EA dont get ahead of this and be proactive. It could lead to their downfall.

I have seen hacks in games so bad that it allows the player to kill the opposing team instantly regardless of their location. Then that hack evolved into one that also did not kill you. Imagine a game you just load into, only to be over in less then 5 seconds cause one person reached the required score for a TDM type game.

Believe me I am not wearing a tinfoil hat. But hacks can literally ruin a game.

#12 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:54 AM

Posted Image

I tried it and hated it. CoD with Mechas.

Edited by IqfishLP, 14 March 2014 - 07:02 AM.

#13 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:15 AM

BTW, the scale on my image is right. The Atlas is at 16 meters (in MWO) and the Pilot of the "Titan" is 2 meters (which is still very tall)

#14 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

Not going to be everyones cup of tea thats for sure.

#15 WildmouseX

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:42 PM

The "ballance" issues you have with the camapign seems to be by design.. when you first go through the campaign you are playing as the IMC, halfway through you play as the MCOR so players on that side have already done yours.

if you pay attention to the story as well, it seems to be set up for the IMC to get their butts handed to them. I just finished the IMC side myself.

and overall I love the game, they took two of my favorite games and combined them, Mechwarrior and Unreal Tournament.

- me playing U.T.

#16 Sybreed

• 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:02 AM

View PostIqfishLP, on 14 March 2014 - 09:15 AM, said:

BTW, the scale on my image is right. The Atlas is at 16 meters (in MWO) and the Pilot of the "Titan" is 2 meters (which is still very tall)

who cares about the scale if the game is fun? Everyone here already figured Titans are a lot smaller than mechs.

#17 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:58 AM

View PostSybreed, on 15 March 2014 - 08:02 AM, said:

who cares about the scale if the game is fun? Everyone here already figured Titans are a lot smaller than mechs.

You obviously did not get it.

#18 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:29 AM

View PostHans Von Lohman, on 14 March 2014 - 12:52 AM, said:

My cool toys do not work on consoles, And if there are indeed aimbots, then I am fighting back with AI controlling to my cool toys. There are "aimbots", and there is "AI controlling cool toys". <_<

#19 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:37 AM

View PostLoc Nar, on 13 March 2014 - 10:12 PM, said:

<pic of Titan>

Spider prey!!!

#20 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:08 PM

Spent more time with it over the weekend..
With a team and solo pug..

I can see this game solo geared towards casual players...
I see noway this game can be competitive since I see no mode to control the burn cards.

While waiting for the Apr 1st patch.... I guess I will try to improve my aim in this game...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users