24 replies to this topic

#21 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

You can run 4 large lasers on a hunchback but you need an XL to do decently, which isn't ideal in a hunchback.

Try this build instead.
HBK-4P
That's my favorite 4p build.

#22 foyrkopp

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:58 PM

I have run the 6 MPL build with a 275 STD engine before and had mixed results.

In my experience, with the 270m from standard medium lasers, you can decently engage once the initial snipefest is over - which has propably to do with the fact that many brawl and secondary weapons have that exact range.

The 200m from MPL (let alone the 90m of the SPL-Partyback-build) require you to get closer than most of your teammates... so you need to do well in hit-and-run tactics or strafing runs between buildings. For me (I've got about 180 HBK drops under my belt) this is still hit and miss: When I got a good team / run /map I do better than average, otherwise I do pretty much nothing (Ugh... Alpine Peaks...).

The classic 9 MLas build is what fights best for me in the 4P, just so you know what worked for another rookie pilot.

See you in the field
foyrkopp

#23 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:36 AM

View PostNecroledo, on 13 March 2014 - 01:06 PM, said:

So I ask you, fellow Mechwarriors, for help. What would you recommend me? Have you ever tried a 4P with 4 LL? Should I just stop dreaming? Many thanks in advance!

Actually, back in "the day" I ran one with 5 as a joke. Honestly, trying to do that now is worse than a joke, but it was funny at the time.

Should you stop dreaming? If you want to use a 4LL Hunchie in any kind of "serious business," then yeah, Stahp right there. :P

That said, if you really want to run a lulzy 4LL hunchback, then do with with the 4SP, it looks a little something like this. And no, it is not a "serious business" thing. But if you can manage your groups properly, ghost heat is a bit of a non issue. I tend to have each arm on it's own mouse button, and a third that just chain fires all of them, which i can tap to fire a single LL when things get hot .. and they do get hot.

NotSureIfSeriousBack-4SP

Distribute armor to taste on the torso, definitely full on the arms, you could shave armor for another heat sink, but at that point there are too many diminishing returns on the heat sink, the armor is more valuable.

Yes, it's a ridiculous build, yes it is an XL engine in a hunchback (though after the model changes a while back it looses the hunch if there are no launchers in a given shoulder), yes it will run hot, yes it will be useless on terra therma, yes it can kind of be fun to run if you are into doing things for the lols.

No, you should probably not do this until you have a boatload of c-bills to spare and a small stable of finished "serious business" builds - whatever works for you in that context.

Edited by Bagheera, 14 March 2014 - 12:38 AM.

#24 tenchugecko

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:29 AM

u should give the partyback a try!

else-1LL+x*ML

#25 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:31 AM

Try this with 2 LL, aplha stike will be painfully hot though.

STD 250
Max armor-2 points

Edited by M0rpHeu5, 14 March 2014 - 03:33 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users