Statistics Reset And Achievements.

539 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:56 PM

We are excited to announce that the Achievement system for MechWarrior Online will be available in our next update currently scheduled for March 18th!

Achievements are a way to track specific accomplishments when playing the game such as, destroying a certain number of components, amassing kill assists in each weight class and various single game challenging feats! Get three kills in a single match? Hat Trick! Lose 5 components, do top damage and survive the match? You’re Liquid Metal!

A full list of Achievements and how to get them will be available in the MechWarrior Online game client on March 18 when you will begin accumulating them automatically. Your progress will be tracked in the game client.

To accommodate the new Achievement system, all player gameplay stats will be reset on March 18th. All current gameplay stats will be archived and will remain available to players in a historical view available on the website in the near future.

The stats that are being wiped are match play related. Kills, deaths, wins, losses, C-Bills/match, XP/match, kill assists, spot assists, etc. are some examples.

What will NOT be wiped are player’s current XP balance, GXP balance, C-Bill balance, Mech Trees, Pilot Trees, Inventory, Mechs/Mech Bays and ELO.

We look forward to seeing your progression through these achievements and the future additions to this exciting new feature!

Regrets: On March 20, 2014 we sent an email stating that the Cadet Bonus would be reset, allowing the 8 million C-Bill bonus to be awarded for a second time. We are truly sorry for this erroneous mention; the C-Bill bonus is only available for your first 25 rounds. Players who have already received their Cadet Bonus will see the achievement as having been previously completed as you would expect.

#2 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

Nice touch!

#3 Evil Ed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 527 posts
  • LocationStavanger, Norway

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:16 PM

Perfect, this team based game needs more incentives to steal kills.

#4 DragonsFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 655 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

View PostEvil Ed, on 14 March 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

Perfect, this team based game needs more incentives to steal kills.

Eh, if I'm shooting at someone and someone else is shooting at my target and happens to get the kill, I'm generally thrilled, especially in a PUG drop, because it means someone was paying attention to what I'm shooting at and helping out. It also means that we both can move on to the next target that much quicker.

Edit: Also, looking forward to seeing what the rewards will be and how they will be structured.

Edited by DragonsFire, 14 March 2014 - 03:29 PM.

#5 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:22 PM

Hey you want some cheese with that whine Ed

Edited by cSand, 14 March 2014 - 03:22 PM.

#6 xCico

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

Yaaaaaaay :'DDD

#7 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

PGI... well done. I'm looking forward to this. Thank you for the good news.

Ignore Evil Ed.

#8 Bartholomew bartholomew

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:35 PM

Yes, this looks interesting. And glad to see you are archiving the previous stats. That will give a before and after picture of how my play is. thanks

Edited by Bartholomew bartholomew, 14 March 2014 - 03:36 PM.

#9 Renegade Robot

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

Well, if there ever ends up being achievements for collecting things, I sure have that covered. Looking forward to more information about achievements. Here's to my fellow achievement whores! *salute*

#10 A Man In A Can

• 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

Sweet! Gives me some nice goals to shoot for in each match and you are clear to launch with the stat wipe and archiving. Best of both worlds. :(

#11 One of Little Harmony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

This is an outrage! My precious KDR will forever be increased because of this...

#12 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

I like that you're finally adding an achievement/awards system for MWO... resetting the stats... that sucks considering the award system I'm creating for my unit is based of current stats from players... please get a historical record of stats up ASAP upon wiping the current statistic data.

#13 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:41 PM

I hope there is another generation of dedicated MechWarriors to grind the game for two years and have our numbers. I do not look forward to doing this all over again for achievements.

#14 Dan Nashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 606 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

"Guys! Guys! I think I might be top damage! Quick, someone blow off my left leg, both arms and my left torso before someone finds that last spider!"

#15 Laconicus

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 37 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

What you have to be kidding.......people will no longer to see my sub 45% win rate for some mech's. Sir I have played poorly and for long periods of time for those stats. Its not easy to be this crap this often.

Like it, stats tracking is a fun tool and will add a extra function to the game and for gamers. I look forward to seeing the posts as people claim the higher ground due to their stats. I just hope disconnects are tracked as well, to stop players aborting games to avoid negative impact on their stats and as yes it happens in other games so it will happen here too.

Edited by Laconicus, 14 March 2014 - 03:45 PM.

#16 DragonsFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 655 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

View PostGrendel408, on 14 March 2014 - 03:40 PM, said:

I like that you're finally adding an achievement/awards system for MWO... resetting the stats... that sucks considering the award system I'm creating for my unit is based of current stats from players... please get a historical record of stats up ASAP upon wiping the current statistic data.

Hey Grendel,
I believe current stats are going to be archived and will still be accessible, per a tweet from Russ a week or so ago, will have to dig it up to be positive though.

Edit; tweet regarding archived stats:
Russ Bullock Mar 11
I believe you will have access to your legacy stats still for viewing

Edited by DragonsFire, 14 March 2014 - 03:58 PM.

#17 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,626 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

Nooooooooooo my precious KDR!!!

#18 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

Would it be possible to disable certain achievements for full 12-man premades? My experience with other games is that players will organize to rig achievements if possible. There is even more motivation if you add rewards like mechbays, paint, gxp, or cbills.

I'm not so worried about the grinding ones as I am about the ones like: Get 12 kills in a single game, or Get 12 Assists in a single game, or all the other do X in a single match.

You will potentially wind up with two 12-mans getting together and taking turns giving one guy all 12 kills. Meanwhile, the rest of the team taps each mech with a small laser for the assist achievements.

#19 TurkeyMcCoolRay

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 48 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

Well, this is good. Now I can sweep that old K/D R quietly under the rug.

#20 Bogdan Kobzar

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

I'm wondering if this 'reset' will also improve how the matchmaker functions.
Anyone know if the Matchmaker will also get tweaked for the 18th release?

I can't say that i'll miss my kill/death ratio of 0.11

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users