• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

Ok. Time to take a step back. Whether or not I agree with you that an entire recruitment thread devoted to very little actual content portraying activity is appropriate or not, it is his recruitment thread to graffiti up. Likewise this is ours, Noesis. Keep your tags to your thread and not ours.

#102 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:21 AM

However if you consider yourself to have an understanding about art then I hope you find this interpretation humourous about this discussion:

Posted Image

#103 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 29 April 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

Ok. Time to take a step back. Whether or not I agree with you that an entire recruitment thread devoted to very little actual content portraying activity is appropriate or not, it is his recruitment thread to graffiti up. Likewise this is ours, Noesis. Keep your tags to your thread and not ours.

Then please keep your critiques to yourself, I'm merely responding to comments made in your thread.

Initially not so orginally understood to be an artistic critique of the Dark Born thread but now and after further comments obviously so.

#104 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

Dark Born... the Internet Trolls/MEME users of the 31st Century!

#105 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:03 PM

View PostSuicideJockey, on 29 April 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

" Dark Born... the Internet Trolls/MEME users of the 31st Century! "

Um, er . . . don't know how to take this as I don't know you. But as a new member of the Dark Born I assume you are just having some fun at Noesis' expense. He's a big boy with a good sense of humor so no harm, no foul. As for the rest of the recent posts, you guys are leaders/members of small units that wish to grow. Maybe you need to put this behind you, grow up a little, and delete this BS as it does not help anyone's recruiting. Just a thought.

Aff in jest. I am a bear and not so worried in the Nova Cat dealings. As for the dark born, you are the bandit caste, you will see the forces of our Sibkin so that they may cut their teeth. You are another unit to play with or against, and the dark caste are just as much a part of Clan culture as any of the Clans themselves... You will be RP as such though hehe.

#106 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:59 PM

As I said, go your way, we go ours. I was hoping that was implied from the get go. I was hoping you would take the two prior warnings I clearly stated as a hint.

In any case, I will go ahead and delete my posts. You read it, the content still stands. All of the content is provable via forum logs, regardless of your perceptions of reality. One of the perks of the internet and the eternal information users generate.

Anywho, I will go ahead and delete my posts on the topic in the spirit of decency. I do hope you do the same, for your own image's sake.

#107 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:28 PM

How do you prove that a small dollar contribution to a player unit to assist the unit was a bribe I wanted to join why can't that just be genuine help, especially from nostalga purposes I explained that I was an original NC in Kali 95, just like the other recognised help to your unit with my offerings based on your comments. This even if you see/saw them as too ambitious for yourself where/are actually good ideas. Something I might add with less than the manpower at CNC is being achieved at the Dark Born?

I will delete my records but I do not recognise the sanctimonious high ground you portray in your above concluding post. I'm not scared of the truth or offered opinions however unlike others. I have however also taken a record of these posts for posterity if needed.

Therefore only in the interests in damage limitation for the Clans generally and the MWO community do I see any real need to do this.

Edited by Noesis, 29 April 2014 - 03:34 PM.

#108 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

Utilization of the new private match module has already started to demonstrate improvements in targeted learning.

I have been itching for this feature since day one and now that it is here it is every bit as useful as I hoped. An hour was spent in dedicated dueling practice, as I have noticed some warriors in our ranks were in need of training in those fields. In as little as two drops, significant improvements were made to both pilots' capabilities in the subject. Follow up training in the subject will occur in the near future to further reinforce and ensure understanding of the principles learned in the individuals.

Also, 3:0 Pariah:Akula in duels. Eff yeah, Akula. :P

Training events are scheduled throughout the rest of the week, starting with light mechs, moving up the weight brackets, and ending in dedicated marksmanship practice. These introductory training sessions are designed to set a foundation and identify pilots with weak spots that we can iron out. The controlled environment allows for ease of observation and suggestion, with a more one on one approach. It also allows the selective introduction of variables such as heat and clarity of lines of sight.

This would have been impossible to do effectively prior to the Private Match option.

#109 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:56 AM

View PostNoesis, on 29 April 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:

Then please keep your critiques to yourself, I'm merely responding to comments made in your thread.

Initially not so orginally understood to be an artistic critique of the Dark Born thread but now and after further comments obviously so.

But this is still a recruitment thread for a unit. Respect it. You guys can argue art somewhere else.

#110 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

Upheld to the challenge and procured for our great clan a worthy poster.

Posted Image

#111 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:19 PM

Damn, man. That is gorgeous.

#112 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,668 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:50 PM

View Postlastkhan, on 30 April 2014 - 08:14 PM, said:

Upheld to the challenge and procured for our great clan a worthy poster.

Posted Image

All you have to do is color that in Photoshop and you'll be in business!

BTW, I play with a few of your Nova Cat guys during a match.

#113 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:42 AM

Yeah, lastkhan considered it, but I suck at translating linework to digital and, besides which, it would obscure the awesome job he did. And that would be a crime.

#114 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:23 AM

Indeed was thinking of something in the background too, but i think the roman look actually looks kinda nice.

#115 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:28 AM

<p>Yesterday afternoon we ran some marksmanship practice using the Launch Module.</p>
<p>
</p><br>
<p>
3-4 shooters lined up and at 500, 600, 700, 900, 1100 intervals away from the shooters we had locusts, jenners, ravens, commandos, and spiders running back and forth like a shooting gallery.  Shooters only fired one weapon at a time as the goal was to hit, not to kill.  Was great practice, amusing as hell for both the shooters and the targets, and something I would recommend doing again.  Becomes more than just practice in gauging lead distances, but a bit of a competition in who can score the most hits/first hit on a given target.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<br>
<p>
Edit:</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
In fact, tonight we are doing more marksmanship practice if the schedule holds.  This will be at 8 PM Eastern Standard Time.  If you are curious about it, feel free to pop into our teamspeak.  If we have room, you are more than welcome to join in the fun and see how we are using the Private Matches for training purposes.</p>
<br>
Edit 2.0: I was incorrect. Today is assault mech practice. Most likely tomorrow is marksmanship.

Edit 3.0: dammit PGI, can you please do something about mobile editing? Half the time it goes into HTML hell mode, half the time it is a normal text format. Never seems to make up its mind.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 04 May 2014 - 09:26 AM.

#116 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:50 AM

This weekend's trials of position were unusually plentiful. We normally have less success with the challenger passing their trial. That said, congratulations to:

Thunder Rampage, for obtaining the rank of Point Commander.
0phialacria, for Point Commander 1st Class.
Chemp and lastkhan for both securing Star Commander.

May you all continue to follow the path to a more perfect future.

#117 chemp43

• PipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAre we there yet?

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:13 PM

Thunder is an exceptional pilot. Watching him in the trials was exciting.

Edited by chemp43, 06 May 2014 - 02:13 PM.

#118 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:54 AM

The target practice we have been doing every 1-2 days is paying off. 2-3 sessions at a time and a couple pilots, myself included, are noticing improvements. To be frank, I did not expect to see improvements in my own accuracy from it, either, but nailing laterally moving spiders at 600+ meters with ERPPC is getting almost trivial now that we have been practicing hitting spiders and locusts at 800-1100 meters out. XD

#119 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:39 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 06 May 2014 - 08:50 AM, said:

This weekend's trials of position were unusually plentiful. We normally have less success with the challenger passing their trial. That said, congratulations to:

Thunder Rampage, for obtaining the rank of Point Commander.
0phialacria, for Point Commander 1st Class.
Chemp and lastkhan for both securing Star Commander.

May you all continue to follow the path to a more perfect future.

May i ask you a question? What does it mean "1st Class" for Point Commanders?

#120 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:57 AM

We decided to make a slight change from the standard rank system. Instead of Point Commander 1-4 and then Star Commander, where Point Commander 1-4 is an internal pecking order sort of deal more than any formal rank progression, we utilize Cadet, Point Commander (second class), and Point Commander 1st Class, and made it so that to become a Star Commander you need to first be a Point Commander 1st Class (and, of course, that there are even eligible SCom positions available).

As it takes a minimum of one month to trial up from one warrior rank to the next, it means you cannot climb the ranks too fast, gives the pilot time to integrate firmly into the Nova Cat way of doing things in a manner beyond that of the probationary period, gives them a chance to prove to the command structure that they are capable of leading, and proves to everyone (including themselves) that they have the combat prowess to carry their starmates should unfortunate events occur mid fight.

Also, it shows absolute dedication to being a ristar that they would spend so much time and effort to climb up the ranks to the basic command rank. We want that sort of dedication.

Even so, combat prowess and dedication alone does not make a commander, so we want to make sure the warrior is capable of leading, as well. An idiot can be a crack shot and a great fighter, but that does not mean they can lead. A great tactician might have all the right tactics down in theory, but if they cannot implement them then they are about worthless as the dangerous idiot in that role.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 07 May 2014 - 05:59 AM.

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users