577 replies to this topic

#161 Mechwarrior413183

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 185 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

View PostFlareHeart, on 03 June 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

I AM NOT a Ghost Bear, I AM NOT a Wolf, I AM NOT a Jade Falcon, and I AM NOT a Smoke Jaguar. I will not falsely represent that which I am not. Yes, they are my allies, and I will gladly assist them in their endeavours, but I will not fly colors to which I do not belong.

For every non-Nova Cat flag I see on a Nova Cat member, my vision in the flames grows a little dimmer.

/end RP for a moment. Seriously though. I will wait. I haven't had a flag until now, and I still don't. I don't see a reason to pick one hastily now just because they are "clan." If it's not my clan, I will wait.

Well it hopefully won't feel like that long of a wait for you but that's cool being all loyalist to your clan. Hopefully you can contract out like mercenaries to the other clans in community warfare so you can roleplay Nova Cat but still aid the invasion.

#162 Dakkaface

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 226 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:50 PM

View PostFlareHeart, on 03 June 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

I AM NOT a Ghost Bear, I AM NOT a Wolf, I AM NOT a Jade Falcon, and I AM NOT a Smoke Jaguar. I will not falsely represent that which I am not. Yes, they are my allies, and I will gladly assist them in their endeavours, but I will not fly colors to which I do not belong.

For every non-Nova Cat flag I see on a Nova Cat member, my vision in the flames grows a little dimmer.

/end RP for a moment. Seriously though. I will wait. I haven't had a flag until now, and I still don't. I don't see a reason to pick one hastily now just because they are "clan." If it's not my clan, I will wait.

Well, we can remain Merc Corp/Lone Wolf because as of now it's just an image. Once Community Warfare hits though, we may have to knuckle under if we want to play on the Clan side of CW at all. Yes it's annoying, but hopefully PGI will give us a dagger star icon before CW hits for the players of non-big 4 Clans. Like lastkhan I'll be swapping back to LNW for tournaments and events.

Heck, I used to rock a Kurita tag before Era Report 3145 came out...

EDIT: ANNNNNNDD I'm back to LNW tags. After going back and looking at some of my posts it just looked too weird to me with my blue/red CNC sig and the blue/white CGB icon. Still hoping for dagger stars.

Edited by Dakkaface, 03 June 2014 - 02:59 PM.

#163 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:31 PM

As I said. I am a Nova Cat, and refuse to represent anything but Clan Nova Cat. My tags will not say Nova Cat but my mech, my aim, and my ferocity will scream it loud enough to be felt even through the vacuum of the void itself. It might be a year, it might be far less. They said they are rolling back to 3049, but they also said they are looking to introduce "the three" sooner then lore indicates. This could be as soon as Wave 2. A couple months? Hardly a problem.

I continue to walk the path of a more perfect life.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 03 June 2014 - 03:31 PM.

#164 RiceCop

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts
  • LocationParts Unknown

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:39 PM

Our prowess will speak for itself, we do not need a banner to follow. Our banner will be the smoke from our LRMs, the scars from our lasers, and the destruction we leave in our wake.

#165 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:58 PM

Yes, in a few short months we'll have our banner to ride into battle with, but for now the flag is only just a flag and only represents that i am no longer a Innersphere Surat. I believe, in the eyes of out great father Kerensky that we are all brothers and sisters in the end and should strive for unity in this revival and not just squabble over simple banners.

Brotherhood, Unity, Peace.

Edited by lastkhan, 03 June 2014 - 09:49 PM.

#166 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:00 PM

View PostMockeryangel, on 03 June 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

Well it hopefully won't feel like that long of a wait for you but that's cool being all loyalist to your clan. Hopefully you can contract out like mercenaries to the other clans in community warfare so you can roleplay Nova Cat but still aid the invasion.

Well Mockery I see where your loyalties are.

#167 ClemRigger

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:53 AM

By the time we get our banner all of the IS will have been carved up between the main four. How are we supposed to go from planet to planet stealing their cats and selling them back in Clan terriotory if our friends already own everything?

#168 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:22 AM

You assume the clan invasion will be successful. I get the sense that the warden clans will work with only other wardens, and inner sphere powers, while the crusaders will only work with themselves, and rarely with other crusaders even! That gives the wardens and the IS the numerical advantage. If PGI intends to let the invasion run freely, either the clans will sweep through without issue, or the IS will hold them back at a far greater degree than was seen in canon, and just because a lot of clan flags have appeared does not mean the Inner Sphere is any less powerful, in fact, for the most part, those clan flags replaced lone wolf flags.

#169 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:47 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 04 June 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

You assume the clan invasion will be successful. I get the sense that the warden clans will work with only other wardens, and inner sphere powers, while the crusaders will only work with themselves, and rarely with other crusaders even! That gives the wardens and the IS the numerical advantage. If PGI intends to let the invasion run freely, either the clans will sweep through without issue, or the IS will hold them back at a far greater degree than was seen in canon, and just because a lot of clan flags have appeared does not mean the Inner Sphere is any less powerful, in fact, for the most part, those clan flags replaced lone wolf flags.

Since in the CW presentation at the launch event they showed borders where the fights will take place, i suppose that they could give the invading Clans fixed corridors to invade with fixed planets. Otherwise, without the Clan Khans bidding for targets, two Clans could easily end up fighting for the same world :)

#170 RiceCop

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts
  • LocationParts Unknown

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:33 PM

We're online on our TS if anyone wants to hop on and check us out!

TS: novacat.teamspeak3.com:6614 - no password needed

#171 plodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 996 posts
  • Locationbetwixt the seen and heard, underneath the upperhanded, above the underhanded. Sunlit with a cloudy background.

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

View Postlastkhan, on 16 March 2014 - 08:27 PM, said:

Me and my Atlas, dont do dancing.. :P

Hah! Just looking on the Nova Cat Clan. Loved the balance they gave in the Battletech novels.
Now I know this post was a while ago, but as mysterious as this Clan's ways are, I posted about Slow Dancing, just today!
I want like in closed beta, a slower battle, where planning your next physical mech movement my decide your fate. When it was normal for a Hunchback to be moving at 64 kph, and a Raven to be ok at 117 kph.

See, I contend, that "my" Atlas, my not be the prettiest girl at the dance, but that girl can dance!!!
Slow dancing, swaying to the music. Saving c-bills for my 3rd ddc
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=vQOmW_TVPxI
In a slow moving dance, economy is perfected, heat is observed, destruction of the enemy secured....

#172 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:56 PM

View Postplodder, on 07 June 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

Hah! Just looking on the Nova Cat Clan. Loved the balance they gave in the Battletech novels.
Now I know this post was a while ago, but as mysterious as this Clan's ways are, I posted about Slow Dancing, just today!
I want like in closed beta, a slower battle, where planning your next physical mech movement my decide your fate. When it was normal for a Hunchback to be moving at 64 kph, and a Raven to be ok at 117 kph.

See, I contend, that "my" Atlas, my not be the prettiest girl at the dance, but that girl can dance!!!
Slow dancing, swaying to the music. Saving c-bills for my 3rd ddc
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=vQOmW_TVPxI
In a slow moving dance, economy is perfected, heat is observed, destruction of the enemy secured....

Hehe, of course it isnt good looking but "He" (i call it a he) gets the work done and then some in the hands of a great pilot. Torso twisting, aggressively bringing those ballistics to full bore, and having your lasers to hit home at their lovely toys and non armored parts will definitely seem like dancing in a ways. I view its as destructive poetry.

Also why 3?

Edited by lastkhan, 07 June 2014 - 07:58 PM.

#173 mdmzero0

• WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:57 PM

The MarineMechs enjoyed running 12 mans against you tonight. Clan Nova Cat are truly worthy enemies. o7

#174 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:18 PM

View Postmdmzero0, on 07 June 2014 - 07:57 PM, said:

The MarineMechs enjoyed running 12 mans against you tonight. Clan Nova Cat are truly worthy enemies. o7

Indeed, good fight you guys. Got you a couple of matches. :P

Edited by lastkhan, 07 June 2014 - 08:23 PM.

#175 mdmzero0

• WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:57 PM

View Postlastkhan, on 07 June 2014 - 08:18 PM, said:

Indeed, good fight you guys. Got you a couple of matches. :P

Give a special thanks to your light pilots- those Jenners tore us apart and we just couldn't counter them.

#176 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:01 PM

FlareHeart and the others will eventually see this but ill pass it along. o7

#177 FlareHeart Devalis

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between yesterday and my destiny.

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:04 PM

View Postmdmzero0, on 07 June 2014 - 08:57 PM, said:

Give a special thanks to your light pilots- those Jenners tore us apart and we just couldn't counter them.

Thank you for the gracious compliments! o7 Well fought.

#178 RiceCop

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts
  • LocationParts Unknown

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:08 PM

We very much enjoyed the games, thanks for the kind words!

#179 gunghoblazes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationEverywhere at once.

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:31 AM

HUZZAH!

#180 Ravika

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 73 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:06 PM

Shouts out to you all, Nova Cats! You played well and beat us soundly last night. Watch out though, we are training to conquer you next time!

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users