Why Pgi Nerfed Victor !?!?

89 replies to this topic

#21 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:24 PM

I was already getting ripped to shreds by lights and mediums in my vic, using brawler configs, LB10x + 2 mg, 2/3 Streak srm and large lasers or 2 medpulses, how horrible am I going to die now that I can't even track fast targets?

#22 Past

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:16 PM

I love how they described it pre patch as "Further tuning to Highlander and Victor mech quirks" then the actual patch its:
  • All Victor variants' turning speed and torso movement speed changed from default to -20%.
  • All Victor variants' arm movement speed changed from default to -10%.
they hide behind the quirks term when across the board reductions is a straight up nerf not a "quirk" just like they did when they did this to catapults.

Also its great how they specifically say they have Highlanders in their sights for nerfs in a forum post then the Victor Torso twist nerf is greater than that of all the highlanders and then for fun they throw the 20% turning speed and 10% arm speed nerf on top which is very heavy handed. Why do they not have this mentioned in a post like the highlander well obviously they didn’t want to hurt sales from putting the Dragonslayer hero mech on sale did they.

I shelled out real money for a Dragon slayer then shelled out 6.5 million Cbills (A big time investment) for a 400XL to make a fun manoeuvrable assault build and after trying it in testing ground this morning to see the impact the change had I don’t really want to pilot it again. It was never the most effective build but it was fun now it’s just a reminder of being ripped off by Piranha games.

#23 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

I feel sorry for those that just bought the DS last weekend. PGI knew this was coming and yet made a sale one week out to squeeE as much as they could cos they know no-one would buy the DS after this patch.

That's almost false advertising or misleading/deceptive conduct. They told us nothing about the big changes to the Victor line but put in sale with their full knowledge if what they intended to do.
If anyone can actually be bothered, this is a good case for refunds. You bought the mech expecting x specs. They give you x - 20% of what you were buying.

#24 Sevrid

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 66 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

View Postskorpionet, on 18 March 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

I buy, BUY, B U Y a DRAGON SLAYER and now.... it's a crappy pachyderm.

Imagine that you buy a smartphone and after a firmware upgrade you discover that the signal strength was nerfed.... I could write billion of other examples involving buyed items.....

I can have a refund? I must contact support?

I'm not having a problem with mine, haven't noticed much of a change at all

#25 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:29 PM

You guys complaining about a Victor nerf are funny.

I keep playing my HBK-4G(F), almost exclusively, and have a great time killing your oafish mechs. I typically score between 300 and 800 pts of dmg. Using a STD215 engine, an AC20, and 3xMLas. Yeah, I lose about half the time, but I do enjoy the game time, regardless.

#26 Magitek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:22 PM

My feedback after not having played my Victors in a few patches; I find the Victors slow and very heavy. The jump jets don't push nearly enough, at the max number, to be worth the tonnage investment. The Victor was the Cicada of the assaults, or the Dragon of the heavies, almost lite enough to be a heavy and nearly as mobile. The AC 10/20 and jump jet nerfs, plus the movement nerfs compound too hard on the Victor mech. It just felt too slow, a huge contrast to how my Dragons feel compared to my medium mechs. Now that niche mech is gone.

I'm glad I didn't buy the Dragon Slayer. I should never feel that way about Battlemechs. If the Victor isn't the niche fast assault mech, that it was, then what is? I want that mech, then I'd like it to stay that way, unlike the Victor.

Edit: grammer...

Edited by Magitek, 18 March 2014 - 07:29 PM.

#27 RiotHero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 311 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:30 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 18 March 2014 - 06:29 PM, said:

You guys complaining about a Victor nerf are funny.

I keep playing my HBK-4G(F), almost exclusively, and have a great time killing your oafish mechs. I typically score between 300 and 800 pts of dmg. Using a STD215 engine, an AC20, and 3xMLas. Yeah, I lose about half the time, but I do enjoy the game time, regardless.

I have 900-1000+ dmg games in basically every single mech I have. Does that mean they should be nerfed into oblivion? How about the hunchback gets nerfed? I've had plenty of 6 kill games and a 7 kill game with 9 small lasers in my huchback, that seems pretty OP to me. No mech should do that. I think we should cut down the hunchback's twist range and speed. Why not cut back the arm speed just to make sure. My 4SP has no problem getting 850dmg, that seems to much for a medium.

I don't even run my victors, they are my only assaults and I haven't touched them since I elited them. I see no problem with them. Only terribad players that cry about everything. Now though I pretty much have to set them up as poptarts to overcome the nerfs lOL. Funny how they drive me into that roll I didn't want.

I run lrms, I get called a lrm noob even though I'm front line with tag and arty doing all the spotting. I run streaks I get called a no aim noob. I run a victor I get called a meta noob. I run a jenner I get called a light "rat" newb. I run a jager I get called a ballistic noob that relies on AC's as a crutch. I run my hunchy, I get called a 1 click warrior laser noob. No matter what I use against ppl they cry about it. These people should not be the ones calling the shots. Basically the squeeky wheel gets the grease. These terribad players get killed by something and a month later it is nerfed.

You people really need to think long and hard before you open your wallet to a game that can flip balances on a whim. The mech you fork over money for may be worthless a week later with no warning.

#28 DeathlyEyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • 940 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMetaphorical Island somewhere in the Pacific

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:54 PM

The reason they nerfed the victor is because all the other mechs are awful because they can't get into and out of cover in an effective period of time. There is no way to snipe unless you use something with jump jets. Now it's even worse with the LRM buff. You might as well just stand still out in the open because every LRM will hit you on maps such as caustic valley. People can't handle a game that takes finesse and group tactics so the complain about the group tactics that everyone are using. I could adapt and start using LRMs but to be perfectly honest it takes no skill, proves nothing and isn't even fun at all. Who wants to sit behind their team pointing and firing missiles? Doesn't sound nearly as fun as or as skillfull as Titanfall to me.

Edited by SLDF DeathlyEyes, 18 March 2014 - 09:56 PM.

#29 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:40 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 18 March 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

I've gained respect for you from your measured manner of posting. It's disappointing to see you pull the usual knee-jerk, predicting the results of a nerf only a few hours after the patch.

Frustrated. PGI has taken an approach of nerfing the jump capable heavies with both movement penalties and fewer weapons hardpoints than their earthbound counterparts, and the Victor was refreshingly mobile and competent at brawling despite having Atlas-sized movement penalties. It was definitely stronger than the Awesome in most cases (besides indirect fire support), but not out of line with the Stalker or Battlemaster IMO. So it's very frustrating to see a 'mech that was was always defined in BT as closer to a heavy (actually described as a heavy in TRO 3025) and that excelled in brawling due to strong close range firepower and excellent mobility, lose the key assets for good brawling, good turn and twist rates and the quick reaction time of it's predominantly arm-mounted weapons.

None of that hurts it as a jump-sniper, though, and I expect to see plenty of them hill-humping as usual. But it takes away the ways I could play the 'mech and enjoy it. It's a stupid game design decision, too - why bring in a 'mech known as a great agile brawler and then make it clumsy and bad at acquiring targets at close ranges?

#30 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:40 PM

View Postskorpionet, on 18 March 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

I buy, BUY, B U Y a DRAGON SLAYER and now.... it's a crappy pachyderm.

Imagine that you buy a smartphone and after a firmware upgrade you discover that the signal strength was nerfed.... I could write billion of other examples involving buyed items.....

I can have a refund? I must contact support?

You should have known that Jump Jets were going to be changed. Like the highlander in the last patch this is not targeting a specific mech just to screw with you. PGI will most likley apply these changes through out the weight classes in a proportionate manner.

Also your post is just a rant. What is it about the change that is ruining the victor for you? Be constructive, and give proper thought out feedback.

#31 RiotHero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 311 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:47 PM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 18 March 2014 - 10:40 PM, said:

None of that hurts it as a jump-sniper, though, and I expect to see plenty of them hill-humping as usual. But it takes away the ways I could play the 'mech and enjoy it. It's a stupid game design decision, too - why bring in a 'mech known as a great agile brawler and then make it clumsy and bad at acquiring targets at close ranges?

I'm waiting for next month. They will probably smash the Orion with the nerf bat saying it is to fast to be that big in the heavy class.

#32 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:43 AM

PGI didn't know how to fix poptarting. So they nerfed the mechs that could poptart

#33 skorpionet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 292 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:34 AM

View PostDirus Nigh, on 18 March 2014 - 10:40 PM, said:

[...]
Also your post is just a rant. What is it about the change that is ruining the victor for you? Be constructive, and give proper thought out feedback.

Victor is a 80 tons mech, famous for agility.... now?

Edited by skorpionet, 19 March 2014 - 09:18 AM.

#34 I_AM_ZUUL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationIsle of Skye (Freeing Skye from the Steiner usurpers)

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:46 AM

View Postknightsljx, on 19 March 2014 - 12:43 AM, said:

PGI didn't know how to fix poptarting. So they nerfed the mechs that could poptart

^ THIS!!!!!!!!

#35 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:56 AM

once again, ill never understand pop-tarting. Your a mech!!! when you pop over the hill with jump jets i can still get you!!, unless your a light then maybe. I always see vicotors and catapults doing this and i just dont see how you can get away with it without getiting hit.

#36 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:44 AM

I get the agility nerf, but 20% was overkill. PGI, roll it back to 10% please. Victors should be more agile than an Atlas, not less.

#37 skorpionet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 292 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:54 AM

Few matches.... 8 exactly.... 3 win / 5 loss.... no kills.....

LRM hell, the DS is a crappy pig.... I had to change the build to equip an AMS with no real results.....

This game is really frustrating

#38 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:32 AM

VTR-9B
  • Torso Yaw Speed 60°/s w/320
  • Torso Yaw Speed 64°/s w/320
  • Torso Yaw Speed 77°/s w/385

AS7-D
  • Torso Yaw Speed 60°/s w/300
  • Torso Yaw Speed 64°/s w/320
  • Torso Yaw Speed 72°/s w/360

So.... an Atlas is now more responsive than a Victor? PGI, can I have what you're smoking?

#39 amenophis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 272 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:12 AM

They did the same to my heavy metal. I bought it for what it had and it was fun to maneuver it the way I could after some practice. Flying around with a big mech like this was a lot of fun. Now all it is good for is walking around like an Atlas but getting killed a lot faster. They took all the fun out of using this mech. I can still do ok in a fight but its not the fun mech it use to be. I don't think they'll give me any money back for changing something after purchase. I wonder if it is even legal to do this because these hero mech's are purchased with converted cash not game earned c-bills and then the specs are changed after they get their money.

Edited by amenophis, 19 March 2014 - 09:21 AM.

#40 catspider

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:23 AM

Between the new pretty looking but poor usability UI, lack of smurfy interface, ghost heat, gauss charge mechanics, and this latest Victor nerfing i am greatly disappointed and have lost any kind of intention of spending any kind of money on this game.

PGi may not learn, but i can.

Edited by catspider, 19 March 2014 - 09:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users