• Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:48 AM

View PostMcHoshi, on 24 March 2014 - 03:45 AM, said:

Tournament is over ?

http://mwomercs.com/clock

It is for me! Work doesn't seem to understand my need to blow stuff up in an imaginary universe with robots etc.

#442 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:00 AM

I unfortunately had two team kills, one of which quite unaccidental. Both times I shot 3 AC5s in the back of a team member while zoomed in to the max (it happens). The first TK was a CTF on Tourmaline who was backing up into cover and I didn't see him (sorry!). The other JJd between me and the target I was shooting at on Forest Colony. He turned and continued firing at me but not very well (not so sorry).

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 24 March 2014 - 04:02 AM.

#443 Eldan

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:02 AM

Yup it's over. Man those were some great fights. 4 out of 5 games were with and against people of top rankings. So it was some serious pugging. I only played with my Misery and was happy to make top10 with it.
Top tournament moment for me was when i was the only one alive with my misery while enemy team had 7-8 guys alive(none crippled) and we won. (Ace of spades title).

good fights everyone, glad to fight with and against you. o7

#444 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:05 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 24 March 2014 - 03:09 AM, said:

I saw plenty of RVN-3Ls and SDR-5Ds, to my displeasure.

-edit
Forgot to taunt the Liaos for their last place. Nyah nyah!

I'd like to remind you all that your teammates and enemies weren't all in this competition.
I myself was mainly running a RVN-3L and didn't get to the computer in time to opt-in, so I was just having fun without even thinking about the tournament... And like me, others were too.

Just a suggestion: Next tournament, could it be possible to just place all tournament players against each other and all non-tournament players against each other?

And congrats to all the winners, good to see DAVION didn't need as much matches as the others to be on the top list, at least that :)

#445 Vincent Lynch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:07 AM

They should have put in some score modification for smaller Mechs. I rarely pilot Assaults and am also better with medium and heavy Mechs, but it's simply not possible with those to do the 800+ damage obviously required in each of the 10 top matches for competing with Atlases and Stalkers. I'm very much looking forward to the next tournament with weight class divisions.

#446 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:09 AM

Yes it is :) Most 800+ damage players were mostly assaults and lights, however not exclusively.

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 24 March 2014 - 04:11 AM.

#447 MadSapper1234

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:17 AM

View PostEglar, on 24 March 2014 - 03:14 AM, said:

Great explanation of ELO

That is what I thought. If you are near the middle then you are going to be placed easier than at the ends. Thank you.

#448 Blackcanni

• PipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:59 AM

I was reading that LRM werent used as much in top ranks, i can tell i ended 3rd on FRR in my HGN733 2lrm 15 , 2 lrm 10 and 2700 ammo, but luck has a great issue to this imo. saturday i sucked with only bad matches and bad teams i was in, sunday got some good matches, had like 15 1k+ damage matches, but unfortunately with lrms you cant Always get lot of kills, even lot of matches i did 1k + damage we lost big time... so lrm was good to do good, but very luckbased imo.. lot of ecm on other side and not on my side = fail etc.. some maps you enter = fail, but glad to have a realy good day and even saturday i did enjoy.

Lets hope for some more challenges like this in the near future it just gives the bit more fun!

Congratz to all winners

#449 Bhelogan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 328 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:20 AM

I saw a pretty good mix of LRMs, and direct fire in the tourney. I'm glad we don't have one every weekend, so that the play style is not as stagnant. Overall it was fun though (even though I only had 3 hours to actually play this weekend)

#450 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:10 AM

View PostButane9000, on 23 March 2014 - 05:14 AM, said:

I'm a little sad I can't compete. I saw the sign up but wasn't sure if I'd have to work Saturday as I work Friday and Sunday normally. When I found out I was off Saturday I rushed to sign up in the a.m. but couldn't.

I believe I could easily add 1500-2000 points to house Mariks score...

It's OK. I opted in and never played. I started to on Friday then started drinking (as usual) and then Saturday morning my brother called me and I went out of town.

#451 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:14 AM

My 8th place in rasalhague is mostly thanks to ballistics. LRMs and lights got me to 10-20th place, it wasn't until I started playing Mechs with multiple AC5s that my rank started to rise. Pity I didn't play as much on saturday. Either way, a very nice event.

#452 DarkBazerker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 260 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWaffle House

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:17 AM

View PostThe Great Unwashed, on 24 March 2014 - 04:09 AM, said:

Yes it is :) Most 800+ damage players were mostly assaults and lights, however not exclusively.

This makes me feel better about my 700-900 damage Fang then. xD The scoring on the leader board was wicked high none the less.

#453 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:23 AM

Indeed. I wonder what the kill/assist/damage numbers are for people who averaged at 2500+ points and what load-outs they used, because I'm pretty sure my best match is below 250 points. So, I'm for public results of all top-50 players...

(My best match of the weekend is around 245 points in my Jager DD, but in a premade... doh! Best tourny score around 230, same mech, but compensated by a few a lot of not-so-good matches)

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 24 March 2014 - 06:28 AM.

#454 Malieus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 45 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:01 AM

View PostShinVector, on 24 March 2014 - 01:00 AM, said:

I am not aware of anyone else except for Ed and myself running the tourny in lights ?
I was lucky to break top10 due to lesser competition in Liao. :)

The LRM storm is really hard on the lights. :D

Edit: I know someone in the top 5 in Marik was almost exclusive LRM Superboat that I was able to witness. ;)

I was also in a light mostly, went back and forth between Jenner and Cicada with about 80% of my top scoring matches done in the Jenner. Placed 9th. LRM's are ridiculous right now, if not for their killing capacity(had more kills stolen from me by spamming lrm'ers that can't even see the target I've been working on for 2 minutes) and sheer annoyance, it has also made this a game full of campers. How many have sat on a map like River city and watched the clock run out cuz neither team wants to close the gap. Everyone just sits around trying to find someone to spam their lurms on. It has become horribly boring to play and the only action a light pilot gets is to rush in alone(cuz my team of lrm'ers isn't coming to back me up) and have to fight half the opposing team basically by yourself. I really like this game and don't want to see it continue to be a campfest. Hope something changes. thats just my opinion.

#455 Markoxford

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:12 AM

Got 53rd place using s Battlemaster S with 40LRM tubes and two large pulse lasers. Have to agreed the quality of the games was very varible - I had some immense tussles, won some, lose some, but also saw a lot of team killing in the early hours of Saturday and Sunday.

Overall very enjoyable and very pleased with my preformance :-)

#456 Malieus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 45 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:36 AM

View PostVXJaeger, on 24 March 2014 - 03:06 AM, said:

My definition includes those. Besides that, I love how my armor blows off by friendly LRM-fire when I'm brawling with enemy whom I've targetted. When brawling, targetting that enemy is basically signing own death sentence 'cause you'll get fire from front and back.

Yep, this is what I mean. I completely stopped locking targets or would switch targets as soon as I had the info I needed. If I didn't, I would either take a ton of friendly lrms in the back, or I would lose the kill. I was getting seriously pissed off when I would isolate a mech, work him from %100 down to %40, can see the kill shot coming only to have a teammate steal the kill with 1 push of his left mouse button from behind a wall 1000 meters away! He assumed zero risk, used zero skills and stole the kill I was going to get using speed and skill.
When players have to adjust their tactics like no longer locking targets, it's indicative of a big problem. Well, it's not THAT big of a problem , but still... my .02

#457 soaq

• PipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:39 AM

I ran the tourney in my gimpo battlemaster and made the lonewolf top 10 lol. sorry lonewolf guys next time ill play a little more serious ;p

#458 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:41 AM

View PostMalieus, on 24 March 2014 - 07:01 AM, said:

I was also in a light mostly, went back and forth between Jenner and Cicada with about 80% of my top scoring matches done in the Jenner. Placed 9th. LRM's are ridiculous right now, if not for their killing capacity(had more kills stolen from me by spamming lrm'ers that can't even see the target I've been working on for 2 minutes) and sheer annoyance, it has also made this a game full of campers. How many have sat on a map like River city and watched the clock run out cuz neither team wants to close the gap. Everyone just sits around trying to find someone to spam their lurms on. It has become horribly boring to play and the only action a light pilot gets is to rush in alone(cuz my team of lrm'ers isn't coming to back me up) and have to fight half the opposing team basically by yourself. I really like this game and don't want to see it continue to be a campfest. Hope something changes. thats just my opinion.

Nice points.

Your opinion is my opinion (Though LRM boaters will say the game is just fine and dandy..)... I am staying away from the LRM fest till Apr 1st to show my disapproval to the recent changes.
I just want to see the HIT REG changes on April fools. Hope it is significant...

#459 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:49 AM

View PostShinVector, on 24 March 2014 - 07:41 AM, said:

I just want to see the HIT REG changes on April fools. Hope it is significant...

You and me both. PPCs are essentially useless light makers to me right now and I usually have a 27 ping.

#460 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:56 AM

View Postflipover, on 24 March 2014 - 04:05 AM, said:

Just a suggestion: Next tournament, could it be possible to just place all tournament players against each other and all non-tournament players against each other?

Perhaps this could eventually work its way into the launch module.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users