Faction Challenge

543 replies to this topic

#401 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:50 PM

They need add in % of damage taken gives you points, so people aren't just hiding if someone's out there fighting and survives great.

#402 Lord_Soth

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:51 PM

View PostIlja Ugrimkov, on 23 March 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

Your Ranks you can see here, as well as the House rankings:
http://mwomercs.com/tournaments

Ok I must be blind... where on this can you see your own rank?? Ive gone over it multiple times... So either ive been playing way too long or its not here. If it is, please direct me to the area on that page where you can see that information. Thanks.

#403 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:54 PM

View PostBrugas, on 23 March 2014 - 10:51 PM, said:

Ok I must be blind... where on this can you see your own rank?? Ive gone over it multiple times... So either ive been playing way too long or its not here. If it is, please direct me to the area on that page where you can see that information. Thanks.

You have to be LOGGED IN to see it. It's right under the Top Ten players for your House.

#404 Monsoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:56 PM

Well, looks like it'll be Steiner. I can't complain about Davion's performance, considering we had the lowest total Matches!

Sadly, I didn't have a whole weekend to devote to this competition, but I still got 40 matches in, and finished in 37th!

For the record, Only did 2-3 matches in an Atlas, about 26 in a Battlemaster, 10 in an Ilya, and 2 in Medium mechs.

Edited by Monsoon, 23 March 2014 - 11:00 PM.

#405 Lord_Soth

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:57 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 23 March 2014 - 10:54 PM, said:

You have to be LOGGED IN to see it. It's right under the Top Ten players for your House.

I am logged in... and that option is not there for me.

#406 Colonel Fubar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 650 posts
  • LocationPlanet Agoge in the Mitera System

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:02 PM

Signed my Lone Wolf Battlemech and me up and had one Hell of a time, finishing in 15th place. Thanks for the Kool Cockpit Deco' PGI, looking forward to the next one. :)

Edited by Danny Fubar Col 21C RHG, 23 March 2014 - 11:04 PM.

#407 Malieus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 45 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:03 PM

Good weekend, well fought everybody. Merc Corps moved around a lot but finished pretty good. I was in top 5 for most part but ended up 9th. I used only my Jenner and Cicada. Would like to know what the 1st place guys used. Looking forward to next event. Keep em coming:)

#408 Ardney

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • 171 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:04 PM

View PostWVAnonymous, on 23 March 2014 - 10:38 PM, said:

As a rep for the Lone Wolves... man we suck. :)

Hey man, we beat those Liao dudes...that's almost an achievement. ;)

And +1 to requesting PGI to release number of participants per faction. Having a context for the personal ranking would be nice.

#409 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:23 PM

Got 1951 points using Jagers only and ended 35th (yes, in the nearly worst performing team). Getting a lot of assists was the difficult part in a heavy: 5 kills, 900 damage and no assists is still a bad game :) I think my best score was with 4 kills, 8 assists and about 770 damage. Should have used arty more to up the score but forgot about it until too far into the tournament.

Still, I guess I found my Elo and had a great time.

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 23 March 2014 - 11:32 PM.

#410 ASH the silent

Rookie

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:31 PM

Can/will PGI release a 'top 50' list for each faction? I've got a few friends that made it up there a ways and was hoping I could get a list further than the top 10 for the record.

#411 Cavendish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 410 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:14 AM

Well fought everybody! Was a fun weekend, and I hope we see more of this in the future. (PGI please throw in a challange or tournament for teams too, maybe have a solo ranking and a team ranking?. It is supposed to be a team based game after all :) )

However, something that struck me;

Reading through this thread its amazing how little the so called overpowered LRMs were used by the top people. It might even seem to be a non-issue? They are annoying, sure, but they dont seem to bring you the top scores nor stop people in lights (which are unplayable right now if you read through the balance section) from scoring big.

#412 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:28 AM

View PostDagger6T6, on 22 March 2014 - 12:37 AM, said:

If Kurita doesn't at least top both Liao and the Rustlehawgs then all members of the Dragon must commit seppuku

Seems like seppuku will be postponed till next tourney.

#413 Laconicus

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 37 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:32 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 19 March 2014 - 02:01 AM, said:

No offense whatsoever to Liao or Kurita guys, just an example. Also, how can they not have data if everyone with forum profile (same as game account) is assigned a faction. If you haven't chosen it you don't care, if you don't care you aren't in any faction.

I understand what your saying, but players selecting a faction and being active in various promo's may be different. So perhaps it was more getting a feel for players who will participate against the basic database stats.....perhaps....

#414 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:33 AM

Rating in average points per match

Davion
Merc Corps
Rasalhague
Liao
Steiner
Kurita
Lone Wolves
Marik

(Could calculate sum of best ten player scores and make that rating but that is só much work)

(Plus, the rating is based on the score of the best 50 players so what I did is basically very wrong)

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 24 March 2014 - 01:39 AM.

#415 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:47 AM

View PostThe Great Unwashed, on 24 March 2014 - 12:33 AM, said:

Rating in average points per match

Hehe, just done it like 2 mins ago myself here ...

#416 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:00 AM

View PostCavendish, on 24 March 2014 - 12:14 AM, said:

Reading through this thread its amazing how little the so called overpowered LRMs were used by the top people. It might even seem to be a non-issue? They are annoying, sure, but they dont seem to bring you the top scores nor stop people in lights (which are unplayable right now if you read through the balance section) from scoring big.

I am not aware of anyone else except for Ed and myself running the tourny in lights ?
I was lucky to break top10 due to lesser competition in Liao. :)

The LRM storm is really hard on the lights. :(

Edit: I know someone in the top 5 in Marik was almost exclusive LRM Superboat that I was able to witness. ;)

Edited by ShinVector, 24 March 2014 - 01:02 AM.

#417 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:21 AM

LRM storm is hard on heavies too :)

Apparently a score of about 2200 is required to enter the top 10 and only approx 80 players got this score. I'm not sure if there is less competition in Liao; It's only those one or two players normally getting 2200+ in Liao that didn't participate...

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 24 March 2014 - 01:22 AM.

#418 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:34 AM

View PostASH the silent, on 23 March 2014 - 11:31 PM, said:

Can/will PGI release a 'top 50' list for each faction? I've got a few friends that made it up there a ways and was hoping I could get a list further than the top 10 for the record.

Indeed. At it makes sense in order to rule out any kind of competition manipulation, as we can sum up manually everyone's score. If the rules state the first 50 are considered, then all of them should be made public.

#419 Eglar

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 921 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:48 AM

View PostShinVector, on 24 March 2014 - 01:00 AM, said:

I am not aware of anyone else except for Ed and myself running the tourny in lights ?
I was lucky to break top10 due to lesser competition in Liao. :)

The LRM storm is really hard on the lights. :(

Edit: I know someone in the top 5 in Marik was almost exclusive LRM Superboat that I was able to witness. ;)

Ed was mainly on his CTF he just didn't have time to compete and I switched to liao mainly for him. :*(

#420 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:54 AM

View PostThe Great Unwashed, on 24 March 2014 - 01:21 AM, said:

LRM storm is hard on heavies too :)

Apparently a score of about 2200 is required to enter the top 10 and only approx 80 players got this score. I'm not sure if there is less competition in Liao; It's only those one or two players normally getting 2200+ in Liao that didn't participate...

We lights has much less armour to work with...QQ ;)

I know who are the 'real' Liaos... I get the feeling Liao most likely had the smallest population already and it was eroded as the CW dream drifted further and further...
Maybe they will come back one of these days.... :(

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users