• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:39 PM

View Postkamiko kross, on 07 May 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

Interesting attitude.

Just know, that you might just be slapping people in the face after a hard stomp. Just give it a thought. Take it as you like basically means "It's their problem, not mine."
Except, you could not give it the chance and keep quiet or if you must "GG" to someone, do it to your own team?
They are the ones who might appreciate the sentiment, victims of a 12-3 stop probably aren't.

Have a bit of decency?

If you want to assign new meaning to "good game", which gg is short for, I cannot stop you. I choose not to do so and I use it when I win and lose because I enjoy the matches either way. So, again, take it as you will.

#342 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:09 PM

View Postkamiko kross, on 07 May 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

Just know, that you might just be slapping people in the face after a hard stomp. Just give it a thought. Take it as you like basically means "It's their problem, not mine."
Except, you could not give it the chance and keep quiet or if you must "GG" to someone, do it to your own team?
They are the ones who might appreciate the sentiment, victims of a 12-3 stop probably aren't.

Have a bit of decency?

Interesting attitude.

Just know, you might be slapping people in the face for expressing gratitude for being willing to play for them/putting up what they considered a good fight or a variety of other reasons.

Have a bit of decency?

In other news - DUDE. CHILL.
You are taking that term way to personally.

#343 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:29 PM

some times GG is just GG

my whine is after playing cplts for a few games i came back to the cn9 and keep hitting the jj key but no jjs ;) also what a difference a few tons of armor makes, that and in a cplt torso twist is kind of suicidal but in the cn9 it is life. basically i was feeling god like now i feel noob like.

#344 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:47 AM

>drop on terra therma
>check my team, Alpha and Charlie are obviously 4 man drops based on their lance configurations and pilot names
>at least im not stuck with a noob team this time
>middle gets capped really fast, obviously most of the enemy team is there, SE gets capped by multiple mechs too, probably a 8:4 split
>beta and charlie lances were on the way to the NW cap point to reinforce alpha lance
>we are passing by one of the entrances to the middle
>i tell everyone to stop and wait for alpha to catch up to us so we can go middle
>2 other mechs stop, the rest ignore me and continue moving NW which has no hostiles and is already fully capped
>Alpha lance ignores us, makes no attempt to move from their cap point even though it is fully capped
>still trying to get their attention when multiple mechs rush out and focus fire the three of us down, i can only see a DDC and a AC40 jager before we are killed
>rest of team is slowly turning around, but its too late because they are all spread out in one long line and there are two lances worth of mechs rolling them up

This is especially funny when i hear premades complain that pubs dont know what teamwork is. We could have easily held that chokepoint if they had bothered to read teamchat.

#345 Cricket504

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 64 posts
  • LocationZeeland, MI

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:31 AM

Giving this rant more for the guys it happened to. Dropped in a 4 man to a public match. We were working up the line to engage and our light has us back off. In the public text chat there is chatter about some one shooting the leg of another and now you have a DDC hammering away at his own teammates. Over our TS com comes the comment. " Don't kill the team killer!" So as the rant goes on and the team killing continues, we divert to other targets trying not to laugh at the situation.

If a teammate shoots you for what ever reason, you have two choices: 1) take ONE shot at them... JUST ONE. or 2) suck it up and save your armor and weapons for use against the other team. If you like your team to win, the latter choice is the smart one.

#346 Shabahh Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:01 AM

View PostCricket504, on 09 May 2014 - 09:31 AM, said:

Giving this rant more for the guys it happened to. Dropped in a 4 man to a public match. We were working up the line to engage and our light has us back off. In the public text chat there is chatter about some one shooting the leg of another and now you have a DDC hammering away at his own teammates. Over our TS com comes the comment. " Don't kill the team killer!" So as the rant goes on and the team killing continues, we divert to other targets trying not to laugh at the situation.

If a teammate shoots you for what ever reason, you have two choices: 1) take ONE shot at them... JUST ONE. or 2) suck it up and save your armor and weapons for use against the other team. If you like your team to win, the latter choice is the smart one.

Heck I say the smart choice should be the only choice. Just be the bigger man bout it. Encouraging bad behavior is still that. Just shooting back once can make it worse. In the end it's not that big a deal.

#347 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 07 May 2014 - 04:09 PM, said:

Interesting attitude.

Just know, you might be slapping people in the face for expressing gratitude for being willing to play for them/putting up what they considered a good fight or a variety of other reasons.

Have a bit of decency?

In other news - DUDE. CHILL.
You are taking that term way to personally.

Now then cheeky. ..... [redacted rest of post-not adding fuel to the fire]

#348 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:23 PM

View Postkamiko kross, on 09 May 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

[redacted rest of post-not adding fuel to the fire]

I appreciate it, and apologize for adding fuel to your particular fire

#349 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:30 PM

>start of game, some guys on our team happily announce they are lrm boating
>i drop a NARC on a jester that rushes us
>none of the LRM boats shoot it
>"good job guys, maybe next time you can fire LRMs at the NARC targets"
>"omg stop bitching how dare you expect us to fire at NARC targets"
>mfw

#350 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:41 PM

FYI 10 seconds into the match the guy you see with no triangle ISIN'T on the enemy team. Especially if he isin't in an ECM mech.

#351 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:51 PM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 01 May 2014 - 04:41 AM, said:

UAV doesn't bother me. It's the spamming of art/air strikes. Feel free to hover a UAV over me all you want. B)

I shot down my second UAV. It was fun.

#352 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:54 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 09 May 2014 - 10:51 PM, said:

I shot down my second UAV. It was fun.

How much XP was it???? B)

#353 Flaming oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:09 PM

Another game to day hit 600 damage got 3 kills the rest of my team ? one guy at 200 damage the rest at 25-110 damage , I couldn't carry hard enough :/ , Its happening way to often to the point its making me aggressive when I see stupidity.

Edited by Flaming oblivion, 09 May 2014 - 11:11 PM.

#354 crossflip

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 274 posts
  • LocationSouth India

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:21 PM

I don't get enough opportunities to use the word outrage in daily conversation.

#355 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:22 PM

View Postcrossflip, on 09 May 2014 - 11:21 PM, said:

I don't get enough opportunities to use the word outrage in daily conversation.

If this is so, you need to find some political or religion forums. :lol: :( ;) :P B) :ph34r:

#356 RapidFire7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 412 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:20 AM

"Server connection lost"

#357 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:25 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 09 May 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

I appreciate it, and apologize for adding fuel to your particular fire

Something I have to work on there, realising a flaw in myself and then stopping before I say something too off taste:)
Sadly my touchpaper always seem to get lit by a certain type of attitude...B)

I always try to exercise maximum courtesy to an opponent (unless they have been ***hats in chat already) because next time round, that might just be me in their shoes. I don't like it-and I assume they don't either. That's my personal take on competitive courtesy.

On topic? today's whine?
Not enough free money to buy Quickdraw hero-going out this weekend with my partner, I feel she might castrate me if I blow some of the weekend stash:P

#358 kiriage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 119 posts
  • LocationCairns, Australia

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:16 AM

When a ecm equipped light mech suggests you huddle in a choke point under his ecm umbrella while the enemy team advances in plain sight firing with direct fire weapons..at you..you should
a) return fire
b)not assume ecm gives you magical bullet proof powers
c)consider facing the enemy, even if you cant see them..they can see you..yes even with ecm
d) give some serious thought to GTFO
e)if you are said ecm equipped light whose idea it was to stand there and... you magically escape mass destruction by initiating escape plan alpha post haste taking with you your all powerful ecm cape of mighty goodness..try to refrain from using terms like noobs you all sux bad which is why we lost..or words to that effect.

#359 vash021

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:57 AM

3 barrage of 4xsrm 6 on a raven and im the one dead

#360 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:08 AM

>in crater on caustic valley
>friendly ecm atlas is literally next to me
>enemy thunderbolt shows up at the crater lip, shoots at me
>ECM atlas looks at him confused, then looks around in confusion some more
>Doesnt attempt to shoot back at all

I think someone just bought a DDC with MC...

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users