11606 replies to this topic

#301 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:08 AM

View PostCathy, on 28 April 2014 - 07:17 AM, said:

The person who is going to post about this telling me how piss poor my spelling, punctuation, :P :ph34r: :P :P and grammar is

Whoever said rants/whines had to be coherent or grammatically correct. Sometimes when i rant, random letters just through themselves in there, every key wants to have a go, so I guess its only fair....

#302 Ustarish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSide Torso

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:38 AM

well i wasnt playing a lot tbh and i lost heat management skills.
i power down a lot and yesterday i overheated in front of gauss phract. in cicada.
he is under fire tho but still he aims. 200 meters or even less so cockpit shot is highly possible.
we are face to face. hes backpedaling to find cover from my teammates shooting at him [tho only lazers ware fired so no shake] and i see hes looking deep in to my eyes.
i grind my teeth, spit on the floor and yelled "go on! do it *****! i regret nothing!"
he takes his shot...
no shake. i heard him shooting but i didnt hear the sound of being hit. "he missed at this range?"
nope. after i finished powering up ive noticed that his shot went in trough the BACK of my side torso and made it "premium cherry red".
i still had my front armour almost intact.
he escaped but i finished him few minutes later.
we won...

but still gee gee pgi.

#303 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:40 AM

Haven't whined in a week or two, so here's one for you:

I wish PGI would take consumables out of the game all together. They are often used by poor players compensating for poor skills.

On one of those matches where both teams are just hill humping or milling about not really doing anything except running around in circles, a well placed art/air strike can get things moving. But I see them over used by teams pretty consistently, especially in the higher ranked matches.

Last night, a very even match on Terra Therma. We were running 6vs6 or 7. It was shaping up to be a really great match. I counted no less than 4 air/art strikes by the other team that significantly turned the tide in their favor. I had my head taken off by one of them and typed in chat, "that was an expensive win". I got flamed by the other team.

If you're the last man standing and the odds are against you, I'll give you a pass. Otherwise, learn how to pilot your mech. Don't resort to the "easy" button. Go down fighting like a man.

Jody "Never used air/art strike and probably never will" von Jedi

#304 crossflip

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 274 posts
  • LocationSouth India

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:05 AM

More whine:

I don't like facehuggers. And when I say facehuggers, I mean those fools who grind cockpits while mashing their cts into another mech's in a full-on less-than-point-blank dps race. Especially the ones who do it early on in the match. Especially especially the ones who pick the target being focus fired down at the time. It's almost as if they're trying to ensure that no one gets the kill by allowing those shots and lasers to sink into their own rear armor.

#305 Night Fury76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:40 PM

View Postkamiko kross, on 29 April 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

I've played about 12 games in four days, was kinda avoiding playing due to my run of luck with teams lately.....
Yesterday I manned up a bit and stuck at it. 3 good games (2 wins and one loss) and 6, utterly disgracefully bad games...
*sigh*

Anyhoo! Whine for today! Got the good old "damage stops working" situation yesterday. Ended up me in a crippled Hunchie vs a near fresh wolverine, we were last few left so I took the fight-expecting to lose but determined to give the guy a nasty fight in the process....which is what he got.
Consistently out manouvered him, hammering his mech with my two remaining lasers:P Got both front and rear CT down to orange armour level and though, "I might just win this" as I was managing to tank his shots fairly well then it happened...paper doll flashing yet he was taking no more damage. 11 hits with a medium laser, on target did NOTHING at all.
It left a sour taste in my mouth after a good dogfight. Why does this keep happening to me? It's always when opponent loses all their armour or gets to orange armour....I believe Kjudoon witnessed it once when I was shooting that fellla in the back with twin ac2s awhile ago....I remember him saying he saw the paperdoll flash yet 0 damage.

It always happens when I am about to deliver the killshot-except it just won't register lol. I've had multiple peeps spectating me comment on that fact too, many times peeps have said that the enemy took no damage so it can't be me just mis-seeing the situation.
Packet loss maybe? *shrugs*

I'm happy and sad for you
Happy in that I too have had this happen and thought it was my high ping from australia.
Happy dance, I'm not alone!

Sad that I thought i had worked out a process of attacking a target that is only traveling away or towards me, only to have the bug show up again over the weekend.
So at my end it seams totally random, I guess it could be server lag?

Any ideas how to measure this, so I can do further testing?

#306 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

I hate the team mate (who shall remain unnamed) who managed to do more damage to my mech than the entire enemy team - because they barely scratched the front of my mech, yet somehow my LT and RT were almost red. You followed me around the map, using me as a meat shield, nearly killing me.. ..the irony was that I got 4 kills and you got 0, and your damage at the end of the round was less than 100 - wonder why.

I hate that chat was not working that drop so I could not tell them to get off my back.

And most of all I hate that team on crimson straight last night that blantantly ignored my call that the enemy were charging through the tunnel - instead grouping up on the saddle (the whole team) to fight 4 mechs. By the time anyone did anything it was too late. I got a kill, one other guy got a kill and that was it. TOTAL.ANNIHILATION. Oh and each of those 4 mechs on the saddle.. ..they survived.

Edited by White Bear 84, 30 April 2014 - 03:43 PM.

#307 Drahgo

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:07 PM

My first whine. Iv only been playing a couple weeks so Im not good I admit.Today was my first time to play after the patch. I played to Matches. In both there were at lest 6 lights and I got my ass handed to my Jager by the little ********. Was not fun. Ok rant/whine done.

#308 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

Some {redacted} in my office stole my lunch. {redacted} little {redacted}

{redacted}

/end rant. {redacted}

Do not mess with a bear's meal..... :)

Edited by White Bear 84, 30 April 2014 - 08:16 PM.

#309 HimseIf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Visekorporal
  • 270 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:01 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 30 April 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

Haven't whined in a week or two, so here's one for you:

I wish PGI would take consumables out of the game all together. They are often used by poor players compensating for poor skills.

But i buy UAV by the truck load, i cannot help my team win without them. Even then they can lose & become wasted money. Consumables no longer pay for themselves and most players are too wary of the red smoke to get hit anymore.

#310 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:41 AM

View PostHimseIf, on 01 May 2014 - 02:01 AM, said:

But i buy UAV by the truck load,

UAV doesn't bother me. It's the spamming of art/air strikes. Feel free to hover a UAV over me all you want. :rolleyes:

#311 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:02 AM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 27 April 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:

I got fed up with nights of straight losses even thought doing some hefty carrying..

..basically many of the issues people have highlighted above; huddling, scattering, being just plain bad etc etc.

Im playing Minecraft for the week.. ..sometimes its just good to have a break and flush all that rage *frustration* coolant..

I bought skyrim the ultimate pack or something ... that will keep me entertained until June at least and help break up the MWO grind of frustration.

#312 Cactus In The Rear

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationIn the South Wall Cornerclub,Balmora.

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:14 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 01 May 2014 - 04:41 AM, said:

UAV doesn't bother me. It's the spamming of art/air strikes. Feel free to hover a UAV over me all you want. :rolleyes:

At least a UAV you can shoot down and negate the bonus if you are paying attention.

#313 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:44 AM

View PostXanilos, on 01 May 2014 - 05:14 AM, said:

At least a UAV you can shoot down and negate the bonus if you are paying attention.

I wondered it that was an option or not. I've noticed them before, but never tried shooting them down. I'll have to try that one!

#314 DaveRatters

• PipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 68 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:19 AM

1/ My first whine!

2/ and it's an anti-whine!

3/ the glass is gone!!!! YES INDEEDY! YE BLEEDING HA!

4/ now for a real whinge...

5/ 5 x ecm lights vs. no ecm at all! Luck be a lady etc. but better if the matching system took into account ecm numbers.

And relax....

#315 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:23 AM

View Postclownwarlord, on 01 May 2014 - 05:02 AM, said:

I bought skyrim the ultimate pack or something ... that will keep me entertained until June at least and help break up the MWO grind of frustration.

You will not be dissapointed. Skyrim = epic.

#316 DaveRatters

• PipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 68 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:30 AM

View Postkamiko kross, on 26 April 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

First game of the day. Lrmlrmlrmlrmlrmlrm.........
Our only ECM mech a DDC, miles away from the main team with his premade lance x3 assaults and one heavy trying to "flank" the long way around camper mountain.......
lrmlrmlrmlrmlrmlrmlrmlrm......
lrmlrmlrmlrmlrm....
Exposed myself ONCE to fire my gauss, no more than 4 seconds. Three direct fire guys all missed me. Lrms homed in, even when I broke LoS and moved behind cover.....
lrmlrmnlrmlrm.....

Customer logs off.
*sigh*

I might of been there for that one - was it Alpine? Tried to go and help the silly flankers in my TDR - predictably we got stomped.

#317 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:21 AM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 01 May 2014 - 06:23 AM, said:

You will not be dissapointed. Skyrim = epic.

Can I whine about that?

I cannot stand the "in the end you can be perfect at everything" mechanics of that series :rolleyes:

#318 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:32 AM

View PostDaveRatters, on 01 May 2014 - 06:30 AM, said:

I might of been there for that one - was it Alpine? Tried to go and help the silly flankers in my TDR - predictably we got stomped.

Yes mate it was indeed, I ended up behind them too as the top got overrun very quick due to the "flankers" not being where they were needed.
Very frustrating game was that one, what were they thinking lol?

#319 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts
  • LocationOrion's Bible Belt

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:00 AM

The last five matches....
1. Vs. an 8 man premade on terra therma.
2. Same 8 made premade on terra therma again. Luckily this drop I got an arty round to the cockpit that took me out before very much time had passed......
3. Drop/disconn.
4. Down to the wire great fight on alpine. Me against a torn to ribbons meta cataphract and a weaponless victor. Fighting in my own base when it went rogue on me, reached out and grabbed my leg. Couldn't move, no torso twist, nothing. When the cataphract killed me and I mentioned I had been stuck he tells me to l2p...
5. Drop/disconn.

#320 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

Why do have to be ripped in pieces before people decide to move in! So frustating. Next time i just sit back as Atlas and then see the whine come in.

Edited by Sarlic, 03 May 2014 - 11:48 AM.

24 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 24 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook