The Daily Whine

11606 replies to this topic

#261 Flaming oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:58 AM

Team huddles in a defendable spot jenner runs in and all of them make a run for it all scattering and get exterminated, The squirrel frightened them I guess. Couldn't make this shit up

#262 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

View Postkamiko kross, on 26 April 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

First game of the day. Lrmlrmlrmlrmlrmlrm.........
Our only ECM mech a DDC, miles away from the main team with his premade lance x3 assaults and one heavy trying to "flank" the long way around camper mountain.......
lrmlrmlrmlrmlrmlrmlrmlrm......
lrmlrmlrmlrmlrm....
Exposed myself ONCE to fire my gauss, no more than 4 seconds. Three direct fire guys all missed me. Lrms homed in, even when I broke LoS and moved behind cover.....
lrmlrmnlrmlrm.....

Customer logs off.
*sigh*

And I wasn't even on client today. You can has condolances. :)

#263 Ustarish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSide Torso

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:26 AM

you know guys, its not like i dont like mmo games.
i just dont like people i mmo games :(

"Everyone on the other side of it is confused, is angry, or only came here to suck."

not much to whine about. i make more posts per week than actual drops.
gg pgi/igp. gg mm.

#264 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:47 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 26 April 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

And I wasn't even on client today. You can has condolances. :(

I would have been slightly less insulted if it was you doing the spamming:)
But only slightly. they are still too effective when boated sadly. Why can't they be like proper missiles and not like a catnip starved kitty on a 3 day comedown chasing a robot catnip infused toy?

#265 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:52 AM

View PostUstarish, on 27 April 2014 - 12:26 AM, said:

you know guys, its not like i dont like mmo games.
i just dont like people i mmo games ;)

"Everyone on the other side of it is confused, is angry, or only came here to suck."

not much to whine about. i make more posts per week than actual drops.
gg pgi/igp. gg mm.

And that allows my whine to dovetail perfectly. My whine for the day? People. Just people who can't or won't get the consequences of what they're doing then pretend to be victims. Profane, rude, lunkheaded people.

Not even in a hypocritical sense of 'how dare you kill me!! I r captin awersumm!" People who don't look beyond where their next foot is going or think beyond the words leaving their mouth at an instant reaction to something entering their sensory range.

So yeah... people.

That's my whine for the day.

#266 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:13 AM

Where has this thread been my whole MW:O life?

OP, forgive me for I have sinned. It has been over 2 years since my last confession.
Too many times I have lost my calm and composure when....
- A teammate complains about LRMs but refuses to equip AMS
- I step back behind a corner, only to be blocked by an ally
- I squirrel the enemy but they do not give chase
- I watch our entire team get squirreled
- I die and quickly type yEnemy in E6 only to realize it has gone into general chat
- we lose a match and I realized I forgot to launch a UAV
- our LRM boats get swarmed by lights and our team does nothing about it
- I make a really stupid mistake that gets me killed
- units only spam their recruitment after they're sure they won

Edited by Dracol, 27 April 2014 - 08:14 AM.

#267 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

Today I felt so angry at a team and one player in particular I logged off because of it.
I was on my clan account trying to get the last of my 25 games done. On HPG manifold. I was laying down some support in the A1 Catapault when I noticed 4 enemy mechs coming through centre, an assault troll lance no less. I warned the team.
Then again, then again, then again, then again....
Dodged the four mechs peppering them with streak fire, barely excaping. The 3 friendly mechs just ignore them-they are barelyu 80m away...
So I warn them a further FOUR TIMES. Stil no reaction at all. Eventually I run out of retreat spots and get ganked.
I repeat in chat, YET AGAIN where they are. STILL no response.
I spectate a catapault, admittedly I do lambast the team for not listening-response? silence. they don't even have the moxy to say anything.
The catapault after dying keeps proclaiming "I got 6 kills". As if that matters! He did not respond to the warnings, failed to be where he was needed and picked off mechs others had weakened. He seemed to think ignoring repeated warnings is ok because HE got 6 kills. He even ignored an enemy that was killing one of his team mates just so he could shoot the back of a mech, so he could try to get another kill. The friendly died and left him to be ganked.

The last four players on my team threw that game away with just poor play, and dreadful awareness and prideful ego.

When are pugs going to get it's not about YOU it's about WE and US, as a TEAM.

#268 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:49 PM

I got fed up with nights of straight losses even thought doing some hefty carrying..

..basically many of the issues people have highlighted above; huddling, scattering, being just plain bad etc etc.

Im playing Minecraft for the week.. ..sometimes its just good to have a break and flush all that rage *frustration* coolant..

Edited by White Bear 84, 27 April 2014 - 04:50 PM.

#269 DEZAMAN

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

My Whine, the other day i had a yankee tell me, and a bunch of other < 250 ping players, that we are bad people because we dared play on an american server, even though there is none in our respective countries.

****** PGI, its pretty damn hard to hit a light with a gauss rifle at 250 ping. install some more servers...

(The same guy mentioned there is an ellusive second server, for Asians, even though they won't know what I'm saying at least i can pew pew stuff, must find it)

#270 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:06 AM

totally fed up with the playerbase.

mr nightvision on modor {yep nightvision banshee in terratherma} after the pug zapper is wipping us out from 3 sides {why do so many people have to go there why!} we finally get out and regroup for strength. the chat fills with barking about giving away a superior position and we all end up marching into the choke point where the squad gets 2 mech blocking but then others from behind... the guy lead us right into the same compromised position as last time!

then the really cute one is river city taking the snipers and lrmers on, after a real doozy of a finish we find 3 assaults ******* around at thier base and saying uhhh theres snipers please lead them to us!? for ***** sake they leave us to carry all the grunt work being outnumbered and killed and afterwards say that!? **** around a base for no reason and then start giving us shit after mopping up the cored enemy so l33t!? so many l33ts dicking around and using teammates like expendable meatshields just makes me hate pvp my teammates are my worst enemy.

View Postkamiko kross, on 27 April 2014 - 08:14 AM, said:

Today I felt so angry at a team and one player in particular I logged off because of it.
I was on my clan account trying to get the last of my 25 games done. On HPG manifold. I was laying down some support in the A1 Catapault when I noticed 4 enemy mechs coming through centre, an assault troll lance no less. I warned the team.
Then again, then again, then again, then again....
Dodged the four mechs peppering them with streak fire, barely excaping. The 3 friendly mechs just ignore them-they are barelyu 80m away...
So I warn them a further FOUR TIMES. Stil no reaction at all. Eventually I run out of retreat spots and get ganked.
I repeat in chat, YET AGAIN where they are. STILL no response.
I spectate a catapault, admittedly I do lambast the team for not listening-response? silence. they don't even have the moxy to say anything.
The catapault after dying keeps proclaiming "I got 6 kills". As if that matters! He did not respond to the warnings, failed to be where he was needed and picked off mechs others had weakened. He seemed to think ignoring repeated warnings is ok because HE got 6 kills. He even ignored an enemy that was killing one of his team mates just so he could shoot the back of a mech, so he could try to get another kill. The friendly died and left him to be ganked.

The last four players on my team threw that game away with just poor play, and dreadful awareness and prideful ego.

When are pugs going to get it's not about YOU it's about WE and US, as a TEAM.

totally understand this. these are just the most clueless selfcentered prats i've ever dealt with in the game and it never used to be this bad...

Edited by GalaxyBluestar, 28 April 2014 - 04:08 AM.

#271 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:17 AM

I'm tired of the slow developement of this game.

I'm tired of the piss poor 3 d models that has become the norm in the innersphere designs that started to creep in from, the victor onwards, while the clan mechs are like shining examples, only to read about some twats bleating about part the legs being to thick and the nose being a meter to short ( just look at the crap shot designs of the battlemaster ,victor and banshee and be greatful ).

I'm tired of the auto spell trying to make me spell incorrectly there is a U in freaking colour for Christ sakes.

I'm tired of the auto sensor telling me that batmans side kick, Robin's real name isn't *ick Grayson while I can say crap just because its some shitty american dice game.

I'm tired waiting for the clans to arrive as they will either be so normal and fair, those that selfishly want a point and click mech will cry tears of rage, its just so unfair I can't kick any one's ass with my eyes closed, or will be so unbalanced that IS mech arn't worth playing anymore and will delay CW even longer while they fail to balance more weapons (get it done now so those who don't want to play clan can see if this games worth another penny)

I'm tired of the self righteous ******** :D coming here and bleating about others failings :blink: because they didn't follow their brilliant l33t way of playing :rolleyes: then ranted on about how they told their team they sucked on open channels then tell us here like its something to be proud of :D

I'm tired of pretending I have a life to live and yet squander it, and clearly demonstrate that despite my own and other protestations, that they, and I don't and come here to read and to vent about others failings and rarely their own, because this is a sad little game, and it does so little benefit for so few people, and yet more emotional passion is given to this title than things that really matter, and people will defend that position by saying its for enjoyment, when it clearly isn't because your here complaining about how bad things or other people are.

and most of all what really really pisses me of is

The person who is going to post about this telling me how piss poor my spelling, punctuation, :D -_- :angry: :blink: and grammar is

Love and peace :wub:

Edited by Cathy, 28 April 2014 - 07:20 AM.

#272 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:01 AM

View PostCathy, on 28 April 2014 - 07:17 AM, said:

The person who is going to post about this telling me how piss poor my spelling, punctuation, :D :D -_- :rolleyes: and grammar is

Love and peace :angry:

I dunno, it's better than my brother's :D

#273 crossflip

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 274 posts
  • LocationSouth India

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:18 AM

I'm tired of all the people who laugh at me for having flamers on my firestarter. I do enjoy cooking them and shredding them at the same time and harvesting component destruction money tho.

#274 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:34 AM

View Postcrossflip, on 28 April 2014 - 09:18 AM, said:

I'm tired of all the people who laugh at me for having flamers on my firestarter. I do enjoy cooking them and shredding them at the same time and harvesting component destruction money tho.

People laugh at flamers for their stats - but most builds (even after DHS) run hot enough, that that little bit is frequently more than enough. :D
Don't let them get to ya.

#275 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,718 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:34 AM

Casual candy crushing gits that have recently infected the game.
It's freaking ridiculous.
Yesterday in a match some git wanted to do a cave rush on frozen city.
So I suggested no we don't and tried to explain why.
Of course I got the big FU and 11 mechs trudge right on in.
And promptly died.
The match last all of 5 minutes an 32 seconds.
No had more 75 point of damage.
Except for me and my Stalker at 155 points and 1 kill on a banged up T-Bolt.
It's driving me nuts.
I really hate candy crushing pugs.

Edited by Novakaine, 28 April 2014 - 09:35 AM.

#276 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:18 AM

playing my jag DD and decided to help a couple pug team atlai from being swarmed by a 4 lite enemy lance

One of the atlas shoots me in the back and the other one just runs rather than help us both

meanwhile a pug catapult on our team just keeps unloading on the lites at pointblank range with lrms

i know we all have to start somewhere, but really, learn the mechs n weapons, it can only help your team

Edited by Tom Sawyer, 28 April 2014 - 10:18 AM.

#277 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:11 AM

View PostCathy, on 28 April 2014 - 07:17 AM, said:

I'm tired of the self righteous ******** :P coming here and bleating about others failings :( because they didn't follow their brilliant l33t way of playing :huh: then ranted on about how they told their team they sucked on open channels then tell us here like its something to be proud of :P

I'm tired of this. Sometimes it IS the team's fault, entirely. Sometimes they do indeed deserve to be told WHY.
Because sometimes-just sometimes one of these guys actually listens and does not repeat the mistake again.
Surely, if we can change one fool into someone a tad wiser, it's worth it?
If I warned you TEN times about something coming, and you ignored it because you knew "better" and then got stomped by it-it would be your fault 100% you can't argue with that.
So yes sometimes I am self righteous, because sometimes when the stars align and Jupiter is ascendant I'm actually RIGHT. :ph34r:

Edited by kamiko kross, 28 April 2014 - 11:12 AM.

#278 Night Fury76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:52 PM

I learnt a valuable lesson yesterday in our premade group

Well we are on frozen city and take and hold the dropship.
So we have left 8 mechs to push left flank around the bottom of the dropship.

We had 6 mechs infront of us maybe more, got the upper hand and were just pushing into them when we started taking fire from the rear. I look up and oh shit 6 down, no 8 down. fark!

We continued to push into the retreating mech who were falling back into their turrets after I told our premade "we are it, grab some kills we are going down". 4 kills for the whole team, yup all us. Not fair when 2 of our premade were rookies and averaged 200 between them. not a single text type, not even after they died to warn us, just silence

So the lesson, watch your own back, because the puggers can't/won't/don't.

cheers

#279 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

That's right, very few puggers watch anyone else's back, communicate or even think beyond themselves. They play alone and that is the extent of where their loyalties lie for most.

There are a solid minority of Puggers who do believe in teamwork, communicate, cover for other players that they aren't on teamspeak with. But they are rare and wonderful gems. Often but not always, they're just a lone member of a unit having fun by him/herself, but not always.

Cherish those puggers that do act as a unit with a bad radio, but do not expect them.

#280 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

My whine - having a post written up, or trying to hit 'like' only to find out that the PC I am borrowing logged me out :P

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook