The Daily Whine

11606 replies to this topic

#221 Cactus In The Rear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationIn the South Wall Cornerclub,Balmora.

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

My whine is that I have 9 million C-Bills and an AS7D-DC costs 10 million.

Edited by Xanilos, 20 April 2014 - 04:01 PM.

#222 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

View PostMarineTech, on 19 April 2014 - 11:19 PM, said:

The big part of that is there's sooooooo many inexperienced players hopping on and PUGing this weekend to get the free mech. Odds are pretty certain you're going to be paired up with many of them unless you're dropping in a group.

You ain't just whistlin' Dixie thar, stranger.

#223 Okamie

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:42 PM

my biggest complaint besides 2 days to get the freebie mech is ... why would you tell a light mech to "stall an assault lance" :rolleyes:

...plus ... a puppy fell asleep on my foot

Edited by Okamie, 20 April 2014 - 05:43 PM.

#224 Ardney

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • 171 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:53 PM

View PostOkamie, on 20 April 2014 - 05:42 PM, said:

my biggest complaint besides 2 days to get the freebie mech is ... why would you tell a light mech to "stall an assault lance" :blink:

Presumably because you have the best chance of holding their attention without taking many hits in the process. At least a better chance than heavies or other assaults would. Not that it'd be an easy task, sure. But I can see why the request could be made.

Also, I fail to see how the latter 'problem' is worthy of the whine thread. Unless you had to go somewhere right this instant and didn't have time to nudge him off. :rolleyes:

Edited by Ardney, 20 April 2014 - 05:53 PM.

#225 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:18 PM

View PostArdney, on 20 April 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

Presumably because you have the best chance of holding their attention without taking many hits in the process. At least a better chance than heavies or other assaults would. Not that it'd be an easy task, sure. But I can see why the request could be made.

Also, I fail to see how the latter 'problem' is worthy of the whine thread. Unless you had to go somewhere right this instant and didn't have time to nudge him off. :)

The ultimate whine, whining about some else's whine post..that's quality *laughs*

to above posts, yes I think there has been a very big drop in playing quality, so much so I'm seriously thinking of giving up pug life and being sociable ish and I friggin hate mic's and head phones its lazy..

Edited by Cathy, 21 April 2014 - 01:28 PM.

#226 Night Fury76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

View PostOkamie, on 20 April 2014 - 05:42 PM, said:

my biggest complaint besides 2 days to get the freebie mech is ... why would you tell a light mech to "stall an assault lance" :(

Us light pilots are just so dam good mate.

We were on conquest with a light lance and told the rest of the side to hunker down and we'll grab caps before returning to the fight. You can all guess what happened right?

Yup last ones alive, I got the only kills I think (only 3-4 when I paused to dance and kill an fatlas and later a frat oh and the jenna we ran into at a cap oh and their disconnect) and for me about 540+ damage

(facepalm) just (facepalm)

#227 Delas Ting Usee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 548 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:59 PM

What pisses me off is the lack of situational awareness by my pug mates - I mean how hard is it really to glance at your mini-map once in a while.

That and, when you're teammates are aggressively advancing follow thru with them. Again, one glance at the mini-map or press 'B' for 2 seconds will tell you all you need to know.

#228 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:06 PM

Maaaaaaaaan there was some bad matches tonight. Thats all I'm gonna say

#229 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:11 PM

View PostKhajja nar Jatargk, on 21 April 2014 - 10:06 PM, said:

Maaaaaaaaan there was some bad matches tonight. Thats all I'm gonna say

Guess someone must have returned my luck? :(

Edit: on topic, poptarts whining about LRM.

Edited by Shar Wolf, 21 April 2014 - 10:11 PM.

#230 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:13 PM

edit: Derping my herpyderp when I derpy herp with derpderp. Erhmagherd!

aka: responding to something that's old because I was too tired, and had already responded to it in the past.

Edited by Kjudoon, 21 April 2014 - 10:16 PM.

#231 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:00 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 21 April 2014 - 10:13 PM, said:

edit: Derping my herpyderp when I derpy herp with derpderp. Erhmagherd!

aka: responding to something that's old because I was too tired, and had already responded to it in the past.

Doing that - lets add that to my whine (when I do it that is :()

#232 ThatBum42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:10 PM

View PostNonreflectiv, on 21 April 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

Yup last ones alive, I got the only kills I think (only 3-4 when I paused to dance and kill an fatlas and later a frat oh and the jenna we ran into at a cap oh and their disconnect) and for me about 540+ damage
Carry harder?

#233 Night Fury76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:40 PM

View PostThatBum42, on 21 April 2014 - 11:10 PM, said:

lol
It wasn't THAT good, I've had better.

#234 ThatBum42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 220 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:00 PM

View PostNonreflectiv, on 22 April 2014 - 08:40 PM, said:

lol
It wasn't THAT good, I've had better.
Yeah, but was the differential between your performance and the entire team's performance higher than that?

That, sir, is the definition of carry harder.

#235 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

Ok, so I whined.. ...I came here and whined to my hearts content. Yet still, players are standing right behind me, prohibiting my retreat, not knowing how to push when mechs make a flank or are so timid they let a Jenner and BJ hold off the advance of the enemy team..

What is with these people?!

Posted Image

#236 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:15 PM

Keep calm and whine harder.

:unsure:

#237 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:50 PM

Right, crazy whine incoming!

Last time I played I had a great game.
Yes, that's right it was GREAT. It was close and could have gone either way, with both teams balanced in weight AND skill. CRAZY.
Last 5 mins of the game ( on caustic no less!) it was 3 v3 . Enemy had a 4SP, a Boar's head and I think a catapault...I in my spider 5D sprint through the caldera and engage the enemy from therear, attempting to get them to turn so my team mates could enagge safer. We lose our catapault and the remaining heavy goes for it. I engage the Boar's head with strafing runs working his left shoulder. I'm having to keep my right torso facing, as I'm crit left ST. At this point I see my team mate has run off with an enemy in pursuit, leaving me to tackle both the BH and the 4SP.
Then more crazy-my team mate does not die like a nub and kills the enemy!!
I manage to take the BH and then engage the 4SP in a 4 minute long duel. It was simply epic, he/she was a really good pilot and we had a nasty 1 on 1 both manouvering and trying all the tricks we knew to survive. In the end, with 20 secs left I knew I was not going to kill the SP so I disengaged and used cover to survive the last few secs and win the game.

Why can't we have more games like this? Tense, close with each team having an even chance of a win?

4SP pilot, my hat goes off to you-thank you for being an excellent opponent, your skills pushed me to my limits and I relished it:)
The whine? Why are 99% of games not like this?

#238 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:54 PM

View Postkamiko kross, on 23 April 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

The whine? Why are 99% of games not like this?

Because then they would mean less?
Because chaos?
Because pugs?
Because because?
Because not-because?
Because that is an awesome whine?
Because I am having fun making this list?
Because I am hoping I don't come across as a troll for this?

#239 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:58 PM

Lotta good matches tonight with only one real WTF pugs moment. I was in my phoenix hawk clone bj-1 on forest and lose all my weapons, game is pretty even but we're slightly behind so I pull for the turrets and get my lancemate to come with, I park behind some buildings but dont shut down and he hangs out in front and kills a couple more before getting dropped himself. Now its just me and three of them and maybe 2 turrets left and they turn to leave (on radar) I announce in public chat that I'm at 22% open everywhere and weaponless and that I am NOT going to suicide. Total invite to come and get it but they're scared to death of two turrets and blow 4 minutes hurling insults because I wont conveniently commit suicide. Sorry NO. You were there and left. Its on you pal. I aint the bad guy here and its entirely your fault if someone's precious mech was locked another five minutes

#240 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:52 AM

Just bloody well move up and use some sense.. ..grouping up in a ball waiting to be flanked and picked off one by one is not going to win the game

IT IS SO FRUSTRATING!!!!

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users