#241 Magna Canus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:39 AM

View PostCathy, on 21 April 2014 - 01:18 PM, said:

The ultimate whine, whining about some else's whine post..that's quality *laughs*

to above posts, yes I think there has been a very big drop in playing quality, so much so I'm seriously thinking of giving up pug life and being sociable ish and I friggin hate mic's and head phones its lazy..

Hey Cathy,
look me up in game if you do. Since I play odd times I don't always have people from my unit to group with. No need for comms either, just knowing you have a semi-reliable player dropping with you can make a big difference, especially because of the recent general population skill drop.

#242 Thunder Child

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:49 AM

View PostKhajja nar Jatargk, on 23 April 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Lotta good matches tonight with only one real WTF pugs moment. I was in my phoenix hawk clone bj-1 on forest and lose all my weapons, game is pretty even but we're slightly behind so I pull for the turrets and get my lancemate to come with, I park behind some buildings but dont shut down and he hangs out in front and kills a couple more before getting dropped himself. Now its just me and three of them and maybe 2 turrets left and they turn to leave (on radar) I announce in public chat that I'm at 22% open everywhere and weaponless and that I am NOT going to suicide. Total invite to come and get it but they're scared to death of two turrets and blow 4 minutes hurling insults because I wont conveniently commit suicide. Sorry NO. You were there and left. Its on you pal. I aint the bad guy here and its entirely your fault if someone's precious mech was locked another five minutes

See, I have no problem with people doing that. The enemy may still kill themselves on your turrets, and you announced where you were. What PISSES ME OFF no end, is these people that are determined to protect their precious KDR, and so they hide somewhere. And then they ***** if you ping them to the enemy.

#243 Magna Canus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:27 AM

View PostThunder Child, on 24 April 2014 - 01:49 AM, said:

See, I have no problem with people doing that. The enemy may still kill themselves on your turrets, and you announced where you were. What PISSES ME OFF no end, is these people that are determined to protect their precious KDR, and so they hide somewhere. And then they ***** if you ping them to the enemy.

Disclaimer: I do not hide in a match unless it is to attempt an ambush and get "one last kill". Just making sure I am not grouped in with the KDR stat manipulator crowd.

You need to step back and consider why somebody is hiding in the first place;

1) Example above, no weapons + heavily damaged + 2nd option for team to win the game = OK in my book.
2) Last survivor on Conquest with a win for either team pending on caps = OK in my book.
3) Last survivor on Skermish with no intent of trying to get a last kill = NOT OK in my book.
4) Last survivor on Conquest or Assault where your team gets rolled despite your best efforts because they made exceptionally poor choices (e.g. you did 2x the best damage of anybody else on your team) = OK in my book (e.g. your group let you down hard-core so they have no right to whine).
5) Having that feeling at the beginning of the match that "we are going to loose" and finding a quiet place to shut down = NOT OK in my book.

What is really not OK is when the enemy team spends the rest of the match looking for that last mech when they have a 2nd option for winning the game, but ignore it. That is equally as poor sportsmanship as #3 & #5 above.

It is also equally poor sportsmanship to call out the position of team mates based solely on being angry that they still live and you died. It gets even worse when the last guy that lived did twice the damage of the dead guy who called out their position. The only time you should be calling out the position of a team mate is either because they are DC and the match will not end without them dead (valid even if there is a 2nd win condition), or in situation #3 above (whereby you need to inform that person that you will be calling out their position if they do not intend to set up an ambush or otherwise meaningfully participate).

#244 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:45 AM

My whine is... well... paranoid.

I've been having a big run of good luck. I know what that means. :P

I don't wanna enter Elo hell!

#245 Cricket504

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 64 posts
  • LocationZeeland, MI

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:50 AM

Was in Forest and a group of us went into the tunnel. We hit a group at the other end and were working on getting out without getting shot like fish in a barrel. So everyone is taking turns stepping out to get a alpha shot and then dip back as the other team is hiding around the corner. So my turn comes up and I take my shot. But when I go to back off, one of our team is pined up behind me and I'm getting pummeled till I die which was not long. It was not that we were doing a rush, just this guy decided to step right in behind me an pin m here with no awareness about what he was doing. Is it that hard to see someone backing up and not step up behind them? Its not like you can shoot unless you shoot though the guy in front.

Edited by Cricket504, 24 April 2014 - 06:52 AM.

#246 Scurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:40 AM

I waded into a ball of light mechs in an SHD equipped with 4 Streaks. Suffice to say I took out all except one before the last ran off, leaving me at 24% health.

Near the end of the match, I got tagged by one of the Medlas turrets for being overeager, putting me at 20%.

I was devastated to find that I only got "Seriously, I'm Dead This Time" (<30%), and no "Yep, Dead for Sure" (<20%).

I was an MG round away from that darned thing. I'm never gonna finish a map alive with that little health again.......

#247 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:16 AM

View PostThunder Child, on 24 April 2014 - 01:49 AM, said:

Which is exactly what they were accusing me of doing but they can't see the hypocrisy. F****** teenagers. lol

View PostMagnakanus, on 24 April 2014 - 02:27 AM, said:

Disclaimer: I do not hide in a match unless it is to attempt an ambush and get "one last kill". Just making sure I am not grouped in with the KDR stat manipulator crowd.

You need to step back and consider why somebody is hiding in the first place;

1) Example above, no weapons + heavily damaged + 2nd option for team to win the game = OK in my book.
2) Last survivor on Conquest with a win for either team pending on caps = OK in my book.
3) Last survivor on Skermish with no intent of trying to get a last kill = NOT OK in my book.
4) Last survivor on Conquest or Assault where your team gets rolled despite your best efforts because they made exceptionally poor choices (e.g. you did 2x the best damage of anybody else on your team) = OK in my book (e.g. your group let you down hard-core so they have no right to whine).
5) Having that feeling at the beginning of the match that "we are going to loose" and finding a quiet place to shut down = NOT OK in my book.

What is really not OK is when the enemy team spends the rest of the match looking for that last mech when they have a 2nd option for winning the game, but ignore it. That is equally as poor sportsmanship as #3 & #5 above.

It is also equally poor sportsmanship to call out the position of team mates based solely on being angry that they still live and you died. It gets even worse when the last guy that lived did twice the damage of the dead guy who called out their position. The only time you should be calling out the position of a team mate is either because they are DC and the match will not end without them dead (valid even if there is a 2nd win condition), or in situation #3 above (whereby you need to inform that person that you will be calling out their position if they do not intend to set up an ambush or otherwise meaningfully participate).

I'll break contact only if there is a means to win. I refuse to play stupid however and even if I take a headlong charge at the enemy's survivors I'm aiming to quickly drop their most wounded mech. (turns out I do care about my stats but I'd rather offset a death with a kill as opposed to cowering somewhere)

Watched some guy in a thunderbolt last night peel off for the horizon at 4 minutes in when we werent even losing. Figured he was new and got spun around so I sent a volley of LPL across his visual field as a quick "turn around dummy" stops, looks back, and keeps running away. Caught him later on top of a mountain by the border when we were all dead. said he should have suicided when he first refused to engage and the little b**** claimed it was because I shot him (intentionally missed by buslengths there buddy) Fortunately the reds had a guy in an XL shad tailing him and he got smoked with a few seconds left on the clock :P

View PostScurry, on 24 April 2014 - 07:40 AM, said:

I waded into a ball of light mechs in an SHD equipped with 4 Streaks. Suffice to say I took out all except one before the last ran off, leaving me at 24% health.

Near the end of the match, I got tagged by one of the Medlas turrets for being overeager, putting me at 20%.

I was devastated to find that I only got "Seriously, I'm Dead This Time" (<30%), and no "Yep, Dead for Sure" (<20%).

I was an MG round away from that darned thing. I'm never gonna finish a map alive with that little health again.......

Protip: The game doesnt care HOW you got to that level of damage or who did it to you. Just that you survived with it.

#248 Cactus In The Rear

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationIn the South Wall Cornerclub,Balmora.

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:12 AM

I was on a team today where I had been fighting off a raven and a spider alone and got them both crit. I shut down killing the raven and an orion shows up and kills the spider in one shot.

Then later in the round I was about a grid square away from theta where several friendlies were and I was being attacked by a RVN-H and an AS7D-DC and they did nothing to help.

#249 Cactus In The Rear

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationIn the South Wall Cornerclub,Balmora.

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:32 AM

The next round I had a teammate do this to me while I was standing still shooting at an AFK atlas:

Posted Image

#250 Night Fury76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:52 PM

View PostThatBum42, on 22 April 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

Yeah, but was the differential between your performance and the entire team's performance higher than that?

That, sir, is the definition of carry harder.

Bloody hell, i'd be posting every match then, lol

#251 Shabahh Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:54 PM

My whine is about morons who get their butts kicked early then spend the rest of the match insulting the whole team cuz they got nothing better to do.

Remember "it's everyone else's fault!"

Edited by Shabahh, 25 April 2014 - 10:55 PM.

#252 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:19 PM

Sooooooo instead of maybe practicing in all the other weight classes people are going to find themselves locked into next week we're ONLY playing assaults now? Tuesday's tsunami of tears can't come fast enough I tell ya

#253 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:32 PM

General chat is still annoying me.

"We are clan useless. www.clan-useless.org recruiting now at blah blah blah **** **** ****"

"You are now on quief/tv...blah blah blah **** **** ****"

"PREPARE TO DIE, (N-WORD!!!!)"

team and lance chat is all we need.

Edited by Dar1ng One, 25 April 2014 - 11:33 PM.

#254 ArmandTulsen

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:38 PM

I recently played a game where some chick got offended because I said - in general, not directed at anybody - at the start of the match when I saw that we had some atlases on our team, "if you let the atlas in front of you die while you do nothing, you're a c---."

She goes off on this ridiculous feminist tirade, then I headshot her argument with, "if I used the word d---, you would have no problem with that." No response. Hypocrite exposed.

This is where it get interesting: Apparently, her boyfriend is also on our team and he says, "don't talk to my girl like that." AND HE STARTS TEAM ATTACKING WTF!? I first tell him, "you're telling me to grow up, and now you're tking? lol just play the damn game." Whiteknight jagoff...

I ignore him and don't retaliate, because I'm not neurotic and immature like that (ok, maybe a little). But then he follows me and tries to kill me. So I turn around and put some AC/20 shots into his cockpit at point blank. LOOOOL

If the word c--- bothers you, especially when it's not even directed at you, then don't leave your house, because it's a scary freaking world out there. Oh, and don't ever watch Louis CK, because that stick up your butt will prevent you from laughing.

Edited by ArmandTulsen, 25 April 2014 - 11:40 PM.

#255 kesuga7

• 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:42 AM

dropped a airstrike on a legged mech on river city

It was at a stoplight intersection - i ran at least 40 meters behind a building or where the intersection was then behind a building and it was one of those flatter builds not the tall ones

then i managed to leg and cockpit myself at the same time while on the other side of the building
it was too far to land right on top of me but im guessing it either ignored the horizontal cover or landed on top of the building then exploded my leg and cockpit while i was on the ground as a cicada

:)

Edited by kesuga7, 26 April 2014 - 02:42 AM.

#256 Kilo 40

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:47 AM

View PostArmandTulsen, on 25 April 2014 - 11:38 PM, said:

If the word c--- bothers you, especially when it's not even directed at you, then don't leave your house, because it's a scary freaking world out there. Oh, and don't ever watch Louis CK, because that stick up your butt will prevent you from laughing.

I cuss like a sailor, but I'm not exactly shocked that saying the C word in public gets a negative reaction.

neither should you.

#257 Red Line Pilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:09 AM

Too many assault mechs

pre mades of 4 highlanders/atlas vs my pug team with one newb battlemaster. Happens more often than i care to admit

#258 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:41 AM

Pug drops where they run headlong into the enemy one by one and die then spend the rest of the match berating the people who are left about how bad they are as pilots

Pug drops where they run headlong looking for the enemy and leave one of their lances (usally all their slower heavy / assault mechs) to get trounced by said enemy and then at the end of the match cuss them out for not keeping up and losing the game

Dead guys who talk about how bad a pilot you are when your the one mech left in the team and your getting beaten up - hardly helpful.

Every pug drop i switch to the battle map at the beginning and you can tell then by the way they move if you have a chance or not. If they scatter its all i can do to not just disconnect from the game right there and then. If the outer lances turn in towards the middle lance you know you have a good shot at things

This game is just about impossible to do well in with solo pugging

#259 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:49 AM

WHAT GRINDS MY MYOMER!!!

Well simple I pop into a match with anything bigger then a light mech and I can give a 400 damage or more with a kill or two. The issue I run into is my idiot teammates when I do not drop in a group the stupid stuff people do. For example, they never REGROUP WTF?!?! Come on stronger in force helps give more targets to decrease focus fire. No more of this cowboy crap because all you are doing is proving stupidity and insanity trying to expect a different outcome every time you run off on your own.

Yep stupid stuff like this and other basic issues irritate me. The reason why is because I know I have a decent ELO so I would figure the people I play with and against would at least be competent enough to tie their own shoes.

This is why good mech pilots drink. :)

#260 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:32 AM

First game of the day. Lrmlrmlrmlrmlrmlrm.........
Our only ECM mech a DDC, miles away from the main team with his premade lance x3 assaults and one heavy trying to "flank" the long way around camper mountain.......
lrmlrmlrmlrmlrmlrmlrmlrm......
lrmlrmlrmlrmlrm....
Exposed myself ONCE to fire my gauss, no more than 4 seconds. Three direct fire guys all missed me. Lrms homed in, even when I broke LoS and moved behind cover.....
lrmlrmnlrmlrm.....

Customer logs off.
*sigh*

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users