11606 replies to this topic

#4321 Catra Lanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:02 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 13 April 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

all it takes is one game like this and the game loses players for the night, if not for the weekend or the week.

PGI needs to start recognizing you can't force players to accept bad situations. They will go elsewhere. Steam will not change this, but rather accelerate the process.

Personally I don't mind loosing 12-0 or winning 12-0 if it's only a few times a night but lately this seems to be the norm rather than the exception and that isn't fun.

I'd rather go with no elo then I would at least know that I got stomped due to real bad luck and not artificial bad luck. Just match weightclass vs weightclass and take ecm into account. I really doubt that it would create more stomps on average over 100 matches than the current system. I really do.

Edited by Catra Lanis, 14 April 2015 - 01:03 AM.

#4322 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:50 AM

I am not in USA, so that means my currency is not the same as the US dollar. I went to the shop earlier, got karma koin, came back home.... 0.08 cents short from getting a package I want...

#4323 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:33 AM

Been seriously sucking with the urby event, I take one out for a spin a few hours after it ended got a 4 kill 4 assist, and 571damage ..

Sometimes fate flips you the bird

#4324 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:05 AM

looks like i missed nothing by not playing this weekend.

#4325 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:51 AM

nope and its still not worth playing.
i think i just dont log on anymore.
too frustrating in any possible way.

#4326 Gnume

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 279 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPrattville, AL

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:35 AM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 11 April 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:

why do people run to the crater in terra therma if they have no intention of actually going into it??

I agree ... I know not to stop and push on in ... was in my Warhawk just yesterday, had several mechs right there with me so thought I would just push on in and they would follow and it would be glorious! Well, I guess it was glorious for Red Team because turns out it was just the lone Warhawk and everyone found it easier to shoot at the one mech in the middle all alone :P

#4327 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:14 PM

Cw.
And the pug attitude to it.

Don't talk.
Don't type.
Don't listen.
Don't co operate.

Get rolled.
Blame premades.

Seems to be how it is. I'm getting to the point where I can't be assed with it, keep getting "teams" full of people who want it to be solo queue. Waste of time.

#4328 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:35 PM

View Postkamiko kross, on 14 April 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

Cw.
And the pug attitude to it.

Don't talk.
Don't type.
Don't listen.
Don't co operate.

Get rolled.
Blame premades.

Seems to be how it is. I'm getting to the point where I can't be assed with it, keep getting "teams" full of people who want it to be solo queue. Waste of time.

problem is they want to play it like the solo queue..they want to be timid...and that doesn't work in any aspect of CW...but if you try to tell them they need to be aggressive, they ignore you and cower....

Don't know how many CW matches I've had where at least half the team couldn't average 200 damage per mech, with some of those not even able to average 100 damage per mech (even had one that couldn't average 10 damage per mech....on attack, so there was no spawn camping...)

#4329 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:04 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

That would be me.

#4330 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:18 AM

When does the Atlas-S come out for c-bills...it takes so long and i want to add another S to my collection.

#4331 Iothil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMan-at-Arms' couch...

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:44 AM

And I'm still sitting here, playing Risk of Rain, because my hand is broken. I wanna shoot urbies ffs.

#4332 Questia

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn permanent 250+ ping mode

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:22 AM

There was this one guy, I remember in Alpine... he was strongly opposed to another player's suggestion that we fight below the left hill (the hill closer to where Gamma in Conquest would be). Now I would be receptive about it since fighting in that position was sub-optimal... if he wasn't being such a huge jerkass about it.

He was lol-ing and insulting and just generally being annoying to the other guy who was trying to lead, so I had to step up and try to shut him up... of course, that backfired and I became the target for his insults. On the outside, I was trading insults with him, but on the inside, I was seething with fury, especially since he insulted me for low damage [in a Locust, I got barely above 100 damage and 1 kill that game].

Oh boy, did I want to prove him wrong. Payback time, I thought - I brought a Timber Wolf out next game, he was in it, and I promptly shut him up. Never got a chance to snark back - probably saw my scores and reconsidered.

If that guy saw this, I have one thing to say to him: I can get 500 damage games on my Locust when I feel that I can take the opportunity and run with it - we just got unlucky with that one. I bet that guy didn't break 200 damage either in his Cicada, ha!

In general, I just hate trolls and jerks in general. Jeez, give me a break and show just a bit of respect to your fellow players, and don't give me the 'you have to earn respect' BS. You're just being obnoxious.

*cough* And that's my whine. That should've been here yesterday, though. Good news is that I have no whine today; I got a Locust-1E and I'm wrecking the solo queue with it!

EDIT: all the censoring? Man, I got a dirtier mouth than I suspected.

Edited by Questia, 16 April 2015 - 02:25 AM.

#4333 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 16 April 2015 - 05:16 AM

Share and pass information. --> Everyone ignores.
Never leave any Assault alone --> Everyone ignores.
Shoot down UAV and report movement --> Everyone ignores.

Honestly thinking it's not the MM anymore but the terribad players. Atleast 50%.

#4334 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:28 AM

View PostIothil, on 16 April 2015 - 12:44 AM, said:

And I'm still sitting here, playing Risk of Rain, because my hand is broken. I wanna shoot urbies ffs.

You have my sympathy. I played 1 handed with my off hand for about a month and a half. Move or shoot. Move or shoot... Get to love LRMs.

I send you my extra feels.

#4335 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:44 AM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 14 April 2015 - 04:35 PM, said:

problem is they want to play it like the solo queue..they want to be timid...and that doesn't work in any aspect of CW...but if you try to tell them they need to be aggressive, they ignore you and cower....

Don't know how many CW matches I've had where at least half the team couldn't average 200 damage per mech, with some of those not even able to average 100 damage per mech (even had one that couldn't average 10 damage per mech....on attack, so there was no spawn camping...)

Hell timid doesn't work in the solo arena battles either
To many idiots think its o.k to let others do the work take the hits. while they corner poke ( the same corner :huh: ) and miss, while being a stationary target.

View PostIothil, on 16 April 2015 - 12:44 AM, said:

While I sympathise with your broken hand, if you think shooting Urbie,s is like shooting rats in a barrel, your going to get some rude shocks when you get back to playing, they don't look like a suppository for nothing !

Edited by Cathy, 16 April 2015 - 06:45 AM.

#4336 Iothil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMan-at-Arms' couch...

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:03 AM

I was not thinking they are easy farm, Cathy, just... well, tempting targets ^^

#4337 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:09 PM

My project is done, every single mech is now at 1.0 or above. Been playing like hell because of the reset and now I feel burnt out. :unsure:

Edited by Catra Lanis, 17 April 2015 - 01:56 AM.

#4338 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:18 AM

This is what pisses me off. Sorry.

Posted Image

Just in 5 minutes a whole ROFL stomp...

When you encounter that: Yeah then it's time for a break again.

#4339 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:27 AM

Looks like the reset only is the CW and not personal stats. I read about it, typed reset in search amd now I see the stat reset thread is from last spring.

#4340 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:08 AM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 13 April 2015 - 07:18 AM, said:

Keep your chin up...It'll surely get better with the steam release and all that leet talent floods MWO's underworked servers

View PostSarlic, on 16 April 2015 - 05:16 AM, said:

Share and pass information. --> Everyone ignores.
Never leave any Assault alone --> Everyone ignores.
Shoot down UAV and report movement --> Everyone ignores.

Honestly thinking it's not the MM anymore but the terribad players. Atleast 50%.

Doesn't help I'm watching players throw matches either. That seems to be a thing now.

Watched a squirrly match today where an Urbie Sue had a BLR pinned in a corner with open dark red critical CT and the BLR managed to turn it's back. The Urbie would not take the shot even though 1-2 shots with the ERPPC would have finished him even through the back. Then ran cover for it as the BLR got out of the pin.

I can't believe that the person would ignore such an easy kill without an ulterior motive.

Edited by Kjudoon, 18 April 2015 - 11:10 AM.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users