11606 replies to this topic

#501 crossflip

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 274 posts
  • LocationSouth India

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:55 AM

View PostTanar, on 22 May 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

think i earned my "learn to aim" achievement today. in alpine, match winding down, our side winning, people are chasing a hunchy as one of the last couple left on the other side so it's pretty beat up but everything's still attached.. i'm in a 4SP, come up to it and alpha my 5ML and SRM4 at it and see

"Component destruction"
"Component destruction"
"Component destruction"
"Component destruction"
"Component destruction"

i'm looking at the screen for a second trying to figure out what doesn;t look right then i realize.

IT'S STILL ALIVE!

so apparently i took off both STs, with both arms and a leg but didn;t kill it (i think a locust sneezed on it and it died seconds later or something). i mean i know i'm on a bit of a kill slump the past couple weeks but toss me a bone hit registration willya?

:wub:

Ah, the sweet C-Bill shower

#502 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:58 AM

View PostXanilos, on 22 May 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

Actually I have tested and it does not.

That makes me sad. :wub:

Pretty sure I remember having that pop up without actually removing a part - but I could be remembering wrong, it has been a bit since I played. :D

#503 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:09 AM

Realising I'm addicted to this game, against my better judgement...
Re downloaded it and am kinda mad at myself.

#504 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:41 AM

I'm not sure you pwning my face in 27 variations is going to make me feel better lol

#505 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

I am missing out on the free Hula Girl! :) :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

#506 Cactus In The Rear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationIn the South Wall Cornerclub,Balmora.

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:56 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 24 May 2014 - 10:44 AM, said:

I am missing out on the free Hula Girl! :) :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Posted Image

#507 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:01 PM

View PostXanilos, on 24 May 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

Trust me!

If only I knew you well enough to really trust you. :)

Not to be insulting - but this is the internet after all.
(and it is only a Hula Girl item, and I already have 2.... helps if I keep telling myself that)

#508 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:26 PM

Trust me, with how selfish the play is, any tournament weekend kinda sucks. You earn the Hula Girl.

#509 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:38 PM

Can't play on what you have right now? After all, you don't have to play well, you just have to be there ten times. Har har!

#510 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:45 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 24 May 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

Trust me, with how selfish the play is, any tournament weekend kinda sucks. You earn the Hula Girl.

I am sure.
But at the same time - my experience tends to be a complete 180 from most forum goers.

View Postdraiocht, on 24 May 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

Can't play on what you have right now? After all, you don't have to play well, you just have to be there ten times. Har har!

My Gaming rig is in a box in the other room - room with all the internet cords (my rig doesn't have wireless) had it's floor ripped up and is in the process of being replaced.

Borrowing the landlords PC to browse the forums while I keep an eye on his laundry.
(long story short - I trade housework for reduced rent)

#511 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

Ah, bummer. That's worth a whine that PGI should turn MW:O into a web game. (j/k! plz no!)

Edited by draiocht, 24 May 2014 - 01:10 PM.

#512 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:16 PM

just had an awesome brawl with a K2 at the pug zapper on Terra Therma. the k2 was good but was not hardy enough to withstand the mighty Pontiac of YLW :) ok i had an fs9 come and help, but still a nice fight.

my whine ... i forgot to hit record :angry:

oh well too many vids anyway

oh a good note with 3/3/3/3 seeming to be working. my cplt is side lined due to the amount of heavies and assaults in the mix but mediums, like YLW, find games fast. i had almost forgot how much fun YLW is.

#513 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:48 AM

View Postloopala, on 24 May 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

oh a good note with 3/3/3/3 seeming to be working. my cplt is side lined due to the amount of heavies and assaults in the mix but mediums, like YLW, find games fast.

Err, except PGI disabled their attempt at 3/3/3/3. However, that percentage chart recommending you pick certain weight classes remains. Normally, when a forumwarrior claims "3/3/3/3 is a lie!", it's just some kind of memetic hyperbole. In this case, it really is a lie! Har har!

What's actually happening is that your Elo for your medium mechs is closer to the average Elo of the queue than your heavy or assault Elo is.

#514 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:00 AM

View Postdraiocht, on 25 May 2014 - 05:48 AM, said:

Err, except PGI disabled their attempt at 3/3/3/3. However, that percentage chart recommending you pick certain weight classes remains. Normally, when a forumwarrior claims "3/3/3/3 is a lie!", it's just some kind of memetic hyperbole. In this case, it really is a lie! Har har!

What's actually happening is that your Elo for your medium mechs is closer to the average Elo of the queue than your heavy or assault Elo is.

Sorry, I'm a bit thick here, could you explain that please?

#515 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:16 AM

Uhm, which part? (Or was that sarcastic?) I was wondering if loopala was being sarcastic, but guessed this morning he might not know... considering how the announcement updates had turned into a mess.

Anyway, we're referring to how hovering the mouse over the "Play Now" button pops up a chart suggesting "For shorter wait times use LIGHT 'Mechs", or sometimes "...MEDIUM 'Mechs".

#516 Pastor Priest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:45 AM

Tourmaline with a pair of Atlas on my team, along with myself in an AC20 SHD, another SHD, two ravens and a Cicada push to a cap point. They have five mechs there, a mix of mediums and heavies. Thinking we have this and the pair of Atlas are going do what they should do and push in, I keep going, thinking they are beside me. I round the spire, and all too late notice they stopped just behind the corner, so I melted. I watched the Atlas, and one was firing his ER LL and AC20 together in a group, resulting in missing with the AC 20 every time. Once he was pressed, he continuously fired his LRMs at about 100m, and not once with a lock. The other, a BH, decided to chain fire his MLs from about 450m. Not saying I am great, but geez... Some people's kids...

Edited by Pastor Priest, 25 May 2014 - 07:01 AM.

#517 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:20 AM

View PostPACoFist, on 20 May 2014 - 01:45 AM, said:

My whine is, I get a hard-on everytime I kill a mech. It was getting uncomfortable, so now I always have to play nude.

Careful what button you push or it might be more than coolant flush you get in your cockpit.

ohh that was a joke can't have that on the whine thread okay so for realz

Yellow streak surrender monkies that won't push at all now

I think most of the good players are now either A left, or B in private matches, as quality play in public is few and far between

The sniper,lurm game has made this more like world of tanks, just a bunch of ridge humping turds, than ever before its dull and frustrating and even the faction challenge hasn't improved the standard.

Games getting seriously crap in PUG life

#518 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

"You take the point!"

If anything, the faction challenge would only lower the standard (tho it's been less bad in my games than in previous tourneys, so I guess that's something~). Remember, in each match, you have 23 enemies; you get rewarded for shooting the red ones, and penalized for killing the blue ones.

Edited by draiocht, 25 May 2014 - 11:29 AM.

#519 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:49 PM

>enemy mechs show up
>fire LRMs
>before they hit, teammates lose lock
>this happens 4 times in a row, enemy mechs are literally less than 200 meters away from teammates but they cant figure out how to hold locks
>tell them to hold locks
>some loser in a metabuild start trashtalking, but at least he drops a UAV
>which is pointless because 3 lights have showed up to shoot at me
>friendly mechs are literally 200-300 meters away but not only do they refuse to turn around to engage the light mechs, they are running further away from me
>i manage to dodge them for about 30 seconds using cover before they inflict enough damage to blow off both my side torsos and core me, the entire time my whole team refuses to turn around and shoot the red blips in full view behind them
>When i die i'm practically next to a battlemaster that only starts turning around when he's the one taking fire

#520 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:52 PM

Trust me Jun, I know your feels. I was up to 19th overall in Marik before basically everyone got the idea of "oh dear lord! a Missile mech! quick! nobody work together, nobody get locks, it's better to lose embarassingly than work together so everyone prospers! Now I'm out of the top 50. I has a sad too.

That and once again, It's Operation Doorstop on Terra Derpa so bad that I've been really consider going disco the instant I see it. I mean for the LOVE OF ALL THINGS GOOD AND FLUFFY PEOPLE!!!!

Do NOT go to the Pug Zapper! Don't go near it. Don't stand in the doorways looking in. Don't stand in the doorways looking out if you were dumb enough to go in there in the first place and have been lucky enough to survive so far.

In a 12 man, you can win it there. In a pug, forget it. You're not good enough to carry your whole team. It ain't happening. Anyone who tells you otherwise is selling you your own death warrant. You are dead... dead and burried! It takes time and everyone on teamspeak to win the fight there and pugs don't have that unless a sync drop with freakishly right! It always ends bad unless I people can be scared out of the doorway!

No... you are not the exception. Just the next body.

It's simple geometry, and anything in the middle of the arcs coming together is going to die... quickly! There's no bob and weave out of it. You die, they laugh and you blame other people who were smart enough to stay away and let you commit tactical and strategic foolishness.

So stop acting like ants wondering what this intensly bright light is coming from the magnifying glass and walking to touch it! mmkay???!!!!????

Edited by Kjudoon, 25 May 2014 - 07:59 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook