• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 July 2016 - 04:57 PM

View PostGroutknoll, on 21 July 2016 - 04:46 PM, said:

that sucks

now you get to decide if it is worth the big money from a pro recovery place (the ones that recover burned drives) to recover the pics

No it's not. All the best pics are already on Facebook. Not ideal, but not worth a ton to recover. We do back up from time to time, just not as often as we should. So no lost wedding, child birth, or 1st birthdays or anything like that.

#8502 Kasumi Sumika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationFeeding the Fires of Rubicon

Posted 22 July 2016 - 04:53 AM

Riding a Whammy 7S with 3 SRM6+A + 6ML Close range build, just met Assaults like Kodiak, Atlas, etc with bad build. They refuse to push after we have a chance to stomp enemies. Instead they fall back and playing peek a boo with enemies. And you gets it, we got roflstomp'ed.

I just don't get it. They have heavy armored Mechs like Kodiak and Atlas but have no guts to leading a push or become tip of the spear for your team. I mostly have bad games because of this.

#8503 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 08:12 AM

that's cause they figure having all that armor will let them peek and poke longer than they could in a lighter mech. you don't think all that armor is there to help anyone else do you?

edit: playing yesterday I hear "enemy at (location)", me in my medium turn and had towards the location since obviously that's where the fight is. I stop about halfway as our assault lance runs past me going in the direction I came from. shocking that too was a loss.

Edited by Tanar, 22 July 2016 - 08:13 AM.

#8504 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:33 AM

View PostTanar, on 22 July 2016 - 08:12 AM, said:

that's cause they figure having all that armor will let them peek and poke longer than they could in a lighter mech. you don't think all that armor is there to help anyone else do you?

edit: playing yesterday I hear "enemy at (location)", me in my medium turn and had towards the location since obviously that's where the fight is. I stop about halfway as our assault lance runs past me going in the direction I came from. shocking that too was a loss.

This is why it is important for the light mechs to scout. That way the assaults know which way to run to get away from the enemy.

Edited by 3xnihilo, 23 July 2016 - 05:59 PM.

#8505 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 959 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:55 AM

Most of the time I'm running lights I seem to be tanking and attacking more then the assaults on the team.
Sometimes I even get higher DMG and matchscore.
As long as I am the lady one dying, or loving through the whole match I have my fun nevertheless.
But when I happen to die early and have the pleasure to spectate on an assault LRM boat, shooting at targets in the lower city from about 1000m distance to be the last one to be stomped by the remaining enemy team, I send a small prayer to whatever may be listening, asking for this player to be on the other team next drop so I can have a dance around picking him apart piece by piece.

#8506 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:46 PM

View Post3xnihilo, on 22 July 2016 - 09:33 AM, said:

This is why it is important for the light mechs to scout. That way the assaults no which way to run to get away from the enemy.

AH this is what i am doing wrong in an assault....

lot of time when i play assaults i feel like the only mech in a Steiner Scout Lance.

if i don't tank 60% damage, i feel i have wasted an assault slot.

I mean HELLOOO it is an assault mech sooo it should be assaulting something

#8507 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:55 AM

soooo many players scared to get their paint scratched today... its unbelievable

well, unless there is 1 player alive on my team, in conquest, and we are well ahead on caps...then its "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!!" into the enemy to die and guarantee the loss...

#8508 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:41 PM

Got my computer back. Now to reload MWO. Is there any reason why I would want to use steam instead of the regular client, since I am starting over?

#8509 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 23 July 2016 - 04:04 PM

Had an Armchair Patton whine about the team's poor performance, starting mere seconds after the game got under way. He died about 3 minutes in, kept whining.

We won 12-8. With an AFK Kodiak.

Edited by jss78, 23 July 2016 - 04:04 PM.

#8510 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 23 July 2016 - 04:07 PM

View Post3xnihilo, on 23 July 2016 - 01:41 PM, said:

Got my computer back. Now to reload MWO. Is there any reason why I would want to use steam instead of the regular client, since I am starting over?

Yes, use steam if you like to be spanked while someone puts a cigar out on your feet.

Edited by nehebkau, 23 July 2016 - 04:08 PM.

#8511 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 23 July 2016 - 04:13 PM

View Postnehebkau, on 23 July 2016 - 04:07 PM, said:

Yes, use steam if you like to be spanked while someone puts a cigar out on your feet.

Steam it is then ;)

#8512 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 23 July 2016 - 04:20 PM

View Post3xnihilo, on 23 July 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

Steam it is then Posted Image

Ya, I use steam too. Posted Image

Edited by nehebkau, 23 July 2016 - 04:20 PM.

#8513 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 23 July 2016 - 05:58 PM

1 Gig down, 11 more to go. Just 9 hours, 45 minutes, and 30, 28, 26, 24 . . . seconds left of download time.

#8514 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 23 July 2016 - 07:19 PM

so i am out earning xp for my What Mech Challenge RVN 4X

(insert shameless pug here)

Tired of playing meta mechs, having cbills to burn, buying mech packs with real money, and picking your own mech.
come on over to the What Mech Challenge and start an alt account for free play only...

http://mwomercs.com/...mech-challenge/

(back to the regular whine)

get frozen city skirmish. I meander out and around the outside edge of the map. 4x with 2ERLL, looking to get behind the reds do some spot and stalk. well general rambo starts to yell for me to get back into formation and group up and a few other choice words about my parents and general hygiene. Turns out we are LRM heavy and the team stands in place in some buildings getting surrounded. i get into a good position behind the reds and start feeding targets. heck i get 2 kills one of them solo. BTW we only got 2 kills. once it went 3 to 10 the reds started to actively look for me. yep last mech to die. general rambo still saying if only i had grouped up and traded shots with the group. i am in a raven, ravens do not trade shots. ravens are sneaky backstabbing mechs.

why did i draw ravens? WHY? should of gotten locusts....

#8515 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 23 July 2016 - 11:48 PM

[Emp] playing in Pug. Need I say more? OK, I will. Puglandia is not super comp drops. Get f**#ing used to it. The rest of us have. "Yalls running bs builds with bs mechs cuz they ain't meta tier 1" does not make friends. It makes people who headhunt you for the rest of the night. If you want the roflstomp experience, group with your own. I love the bejeezus out of my centurions and put up good/great numbers with them (ask [TBRN] or [GROG]). If I want to run that in quick play than deals withs its, bruh.

(And yeah still out damaged and kills and assists than you, in a CN9-D than you did in your KDK.)

#8516 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 23 July 2016 - 11:57 PM

And another daily whine for ya.

Supporting the guy that calls for a push. You do and so do 2 others. Then you are down by 4 and lose with 87 damage to your name. And the trolls chime in with crap like "I did 400 damage, what did you do?" Well, jerk, I did the thing that would damage your paintjob to get you locks for your lurms or so you could snipe for 40 damage the mech that blew me to bits after I took off his main guns on him so I could get a single kmdd after you killed him and felt big about your pants.

#8517 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:41 AM

un-f'n-real...

up 5-1 in a skirmish drop...but the team is too scared to actually move and push for the win, so they sit back, get picked off 1 by 1 and lose....

WHY are people so scared to get shot at in this game?? WHY are players so damn timid??

#8518 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:51 AM

Timid Warrior Online....

it just pixels people, just pixels....

#8519 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:53 AM

View Postloopala, on 24 July 2016 - 06:51 AM, said:

Timid Warrior Online....

it just pixels people, just pixels....

and most people don't understand that the techs in the mechlab are AMAZING at their job...they can take a completely destroyed mech and fully repair it to factory fresh conditions instantly, FOR FREE!!!

#8520 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:02 AM

Well a chalk and cheese kind of day, won two games out of around 15 and for the most parts it was good fighting and close, and even losing I was still racking up damage and kills, so while i'd rather win, losing wasn't to painful

Had a three hour break, and now it seems the derps have finally worked out how to put underpants on, and are playing M.W.O

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users