Disable Joystick - Xpadder

2 replies to this topic

#1 Fatal25

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:15 AM

I have read several posts about this topic, but most are older. Has anyone found a way to disable the in game controller settings? Xpadder works great, but it conflicts with the in game controller settings. When you try to walk forward with the left stick assigned to "w" in xpadder the in game controller setting also wants to pitch you up. I have set the controller settings slider to zero, but it still wants to pitch me up when walking forward. If we could just disable the controller settings altogether it would alleviate any issues using xpadder.

For windows 7 users that have xpadder 5.3. You can use this version with windows 7, you just need to right click on xpadder and go to the compatibility tab and set it to xp service pack 3. Works fine. From that I have read, Win 8 users have to use the newer xpadder 5.7 and run it in win 7 compatibility mode.

If the devs read these posts it would be outstanding if they could just add a check box in the controller settings to disable the controller. Xbox 360 wired controllers are recognized as a joystick or controller in MWO. If anyone has successfully gotten one of these to work any work around would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Fatal25

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

I got it to work today. If you set up the controller on xpadder like you want it you can then configure the controller settings in WMO to almost ignore the controller. As another person had mentioned on the forums you need to start with the lower portion of the controller settings and go to the last one that is preset. Double click in the value and it will say something like "set value". Use the back button on the controller for that value. Do this for each of the preset values in the lower portion of the controller section. They will continue to overwrite the next value and leave the previous value empty. For the upper portion, which determines movement, you can do the same thing for whichever joystick you have for your "w" key. For me it was the left stick up. Set all the values with that and end with the analogue throttle. That should leave all the upper area values empty except for analog throttle. So analog throttle will be the same stick direction as your xpadder "w". This basically duplicates the xpadder value in MWO. I just tested it and it works without issue.

#3 Lettuce Prey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationRedwood Forest Humboldt County California - in other words i live out in the woods

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

thank you for posting this.
i will try this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users