#42 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:01 PM

View PostOneEyed Jack, on 05 April 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

You imagine wrong, then. Oh, sure, the MM code is much simpler, since it just has to find 24 people, rather than 24 people that at least fit somewhat/kinda/almost within a certain profile. But we had that already, and completely random flip-of-the-coin matchmaking to decide if you'll be the roll-er or roll-ee is not better, by any means.

I will just quote myself, again:

View PostMystere, on 02 April 2014 - 10:48 PM, said:

They've already separated full teams from partials and solos. That consumed precious time and limited resources that would have been better spent on CW. And yet, that did not stop the whining.

They've already implemented class balancing. That too consumed precious time and limited resources that would have been better spent on CW. And yet, that too did not stop the whining.

They've already implemented an Elo-based system. That too consumed precious time and limited resources that would have been better spent on CW. And yet, that too did not stop the whining.

And now they are implementing 3/3/3/3. That too consumed precious time and limited resources that would have been better spent on CW. But, what if that too does not quell the whining? What then? Implement weapon/ammo/module/whatever limits next?

Maybe the problem is not really the matchmaker. Maybe the matchmaker is just being used as an excuse, a scapegoat, a bogeyman. Maybe something else is the problem. Maybe, just maybe, the problem is with ...

View PostOneEyed Jack, on 05 April 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

Anyone that thinks that was better is:

A: New, not having been around for it.

B: Forgetful, unable to remember what it was actually like.

or

C: Delusional, thinking they are much better than they actually are because their pre-made was able to stomp PUGS.

As someone who has played solo since closed beta, I do not find any of the matchmaker incarnations any better than random matching. People still got stomped and people still complained bitterly about being stomped ... even if the stomping was entirely the fault of the stomped.

#43 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:00 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 04 April 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

Why not just do away with the forums all together?

Where would I go to shake my fist at the sky and project my represses angst?

#44 ICEFANG13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:21 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 04 April 2014 - 08:46 AM, said:

General Discussion will be coming back to it's original form within approximately one week.
More details to come Soon™.
Brace yourselves!

Today?

#45 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:08 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 11 April 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

Announcement is just getting a last review. My approximation was off by one business day due to some back and forth on which forums we wanted to hold onto and which to merge. There was a few tough choices to be made but we hope the majority will appreciate them. :)

It's the only PGI approximation not to be horribly off, so I guess I'lll call it progress. :blink:

#46 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:37 AM

View PostFupDup, on 05 April 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:

My reaction to the comeback of GenDisc:

Posted Image

It is really weird that you place so much value, and judgment of PGI, on something this petty.

#47 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:45 AM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 11 April 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

It is really weird that you place so much value, and judgment of PGI, on something this petty.

You do realize that every "gripe" thread that normally isn't particularly about balance is ALWAYS dumped in Gameplay Balance?

General Discussion would have prevented that.

#48 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:14 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 11 April 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

You do realize that every "gripe" thread that normally isn't particularly about balance is ALWAYS dumped in Gameplay Balance?

General Discussion would have prevented that.

Though, you have to admit, when GenDesc was shattered, the tears made an excellent ice sculpture

#49 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 11 April 2014 - 02:14 PM, said:

Though, you have to admit, when GenDesc was shattered, the tears made an excellent ice sculpture

If I believe Al Gore, the earth has a fever, and that sculpture is melting back into tears.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users