Lrm Adjustment

35 replies to this topic

Poll: Stagger LRM missile fire. (40 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you support this suggestion?

1. Yes (12 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

2. No (18 votes [45.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.00%

3. Abstain (3 votes [7.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.50%

4. Osric Lancaster's Suggestion (7 votes [17.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

Now that the LRMs fly crazy fast, instead of launching every missile in a pod at once, how about staggering the launch times of each missile by a few tenths of a second to allow AMS to function properly and also be more in-line with all other MechWarrior titles (and simulators).

Added Osric Lancaster's Suggestion, -- seen below this post.

Edited by Ryvucz, 19 March 2014 - 10:11 PM.

#2 Osric Lancaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:19 PM

LRMs are at a good speed. As line of site weapons they're decent, not overpowered. They just need a balance adjustment for indirect fire and a bit more ammo per ton.

1 - Have LRMs spread out more when indirectly fired.
2 - Have LRMs cluster more tightly when fired with line of sight.
3 - Give NARC and TAG the effect of attracting missiles in a 200m proximity towards the TAG'd or NARC'd sections of a target (sort of like a reverse AMS) at a rate of 20?missiles/sec for NARC and 10?missiles/second for TAG. NARC would be considerably better than TAG for pulling missiles to one section.

Missile spread would accurately describe the penalties inherent in indirect missile fire, and make massed indirect-fire missiles behave more like "laying down a field of fire" and less like a "hammer of god", while making LRMs more useful when direct-fired.

Edited by Osric Lancaster, 19 March 2014 - 11:50 AM.

#3 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:22 PM

I'd still like to see 200m/s.

You also realize that staggering the launches would give unbelievable cockpit shaking advantages to the LRMboats that will cause a flood of QQ tears?

I do not agree they need to spread out when indirectly fired. They're nerfed enough already when you essentially can't get more than 35% of the fired missiles on target anyway. How much damage should be done by an LRM20? 4-6 dmg instead of the promised 22?

Edited by Kjudoon, 18 March 2014 - 02:23 PM.

#4 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:55 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 18 March 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

You also realize that staggering the launches would give unbelievable cockpit shaking advantages to the LRMboats that will cause a flood of QQ tears?

Moot point as the shake is already heavy with the new latest LRM meta.

#5 trollocaustic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:56 PM

I'd still like to see 200m/s.

I do not agree they need to spread out when indirectly fired. They're nerfed enough already when you essentially can't get more than 35% of the fired missiles on target anyway. How much damage should be done by an LRM20? 4-6 dmg instead of the promised 22?

Then just nerf their insane impulse.

And they NEED to miss, all the time, they require literally no aiming, no thought to use, just lock in and hold down the fire button.

#6 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:04 PM

View Posttrollocaustic, on 18 March 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

And they NEED to miss, all the time, they require literally no aiming, no thought to use, just lock in and hold down the fire button.

Spoken like someone who doesn't use them nor knows how to dodge them.

#7 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

The fact you say that means you dont play an LRM boat. Ok, you may play one, you just dont play one well. Doing well in an LRM boat takes a certain skill set to use. Or you need stupid people who run out into the open and give you kills.

#8 trollocaustic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

Ohhhh right, lock in, hold down fire.

Woot so hard.

Some of us actually AIM

#9 Osric Lancaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

. . . can't get more than 35% of the fired missiles on target anyway.

That's pretty bad accuracy, man. With line of sight and some situational awareness you shouldn't miss nearly that much. Plus what I'm suggesting is a buff to missiles as individual weapons. It only hurts massed LRM fire from multiple people on one target.

View Posttrollocaustic, on 18 March 2014 - 03:44 PM, said:

Does anyone ever take you seriously with that name?

Edited by Osric Lancaster, 18 March 2014 - 03:50 PM.

#10 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:54 PM

So let me guess... you don't run LRMs because they're beneath your 'elite' status, but keep getting killed by them due to poor strategic choices which makes you bitter.

View PostOsric Lancaster, on 18 March 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

That's pretty bad accuracy, man. With line of sight and some situational awareness you shouldn't miss nearly that much. Plus what I'm suggesting is a buff to missiles as individual weapons. It only hurts massed LRM fire from multiple people on one target.

Actually, most LRM pilots I know and talk to have similar stats for their launchers. Very few manage the high 30s, and none seem to maintain over 40%.. where most of the worst laser shots start. Personally, I think that's because LRMs are counted per missile, so an LRM20 would get say 5 out of 20 to hit while lasers where if it tracks over a target for a split second but mostly misses, it counts as a 100% hit.

The only match I've played so far was like this: LRM 5 + ARTEMIS 1 350 97 27.71% 00:05:28 105 LRM 15 + ARTEMIS 1 930 260 27.96% 00:05:28 282

If you broke it down to how many shots with LRM 15s, I fired 62 times and 70 times with the LRM 5s

Most of those were with direct sight, enemy with multiple AMS and ECM and I still got that hit percentage because as you see, it's counted per missile. That's even with TAG and BAP running with Artemis and maybe only 5 of those launches were at beyond 800m.

Unfortunately, I cannot break down how many of those volleys actually hit nothing because of it being laid out per missile, but I suspect very few comparatively had zero missiles of forty hit nothing at all.
Now the medium pulse laser I had:
MED PULSE LASER 1 9 3 33.33% 00:05:28 4

I credit much of this to having 12FPS on average, but frequent dips below 8fps. That said, every shot is grouped with trigger pull, not pulse. Otherwise, my hit percentage would probably be drastically lower, or if it was a regular ML, based on 'time hitting' the target if I had used it.

So LRMs are getting the short end of the stick in hit count percentage, AND I suspect that even if there wasn't so much AMS, the spread is losing almost half the potential damage fired condemning LRM pilots to half damage of their weapons consistently.

Edited by Kjudoon, 18 March 2014 - 04:04 PM.

#11 trollocaustic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

View PostOsric Lancaster, on 18 March 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

Does anyone ever take you seriously with that name?

I really thought it was a funny joke.

Apparently people take names seriously here.

#12 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

Online you are what you type.

#13 Osric Lancaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:08 PM

View Posttrollocaustic, on 18 March 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

I really thought it was a funny joke.

What's the joke?

#14 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

No insults, keep it clean.

#15 trollocaustic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

View PostOsric Lancaster, on 18 March 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

What's the joke?

It's (un)clever wordplay
Trollololol+Holocaust+Caustic
Trolo-caustic.

#16 Osric Lancaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:58 PM

View Posttrollocaustic, on 18 March 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

It's (un)clever wordplay
Trollololol+Holocaust+Caustic
Trolo-caustic.

. . . and you can't see how that could be interpreted as offensive, or as some sort of forum trolling theme-name?

#17 trollocaustic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:20 AM

Hey, I didn't intend to get hooked on the game at that point.

#18 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:06 AM

Could not disagree more. They are the only weapon system that requires teamwork to function. While I am locking on a target and firing from the back my team has to be locking targets and engaging who I am shooting at. The damage value properly reflects that these weapons require teamwork.

#19 trollocaustic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:08 AM

Do they?
They require you aim at whoever's already fighting, a low blow to begin with, and then spaz out on the LRM key.

The damage values do not in any way reflect any requirement other than that it's boring.

#20 Corbon Zackery

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:29 AM

How about changing the flight speed back down to 150ms instead of 175ms that would solve the issue rather quickly, and a small community apology for making the game close to unplayable.

This is not the first time PGI screwed with missiles and it resulted in a player ban of the game. Right now people are still playing because they have a few more days of active premium time left on there accounts once that burns out you see a lot more people bail and a significant drop off of people from the server.

It will take about a month for a correction to be made the community hates LRM's. Its the dumbest weapon in the game because you point, lock and shoot.

Last time this happened LRM were nerfed all the way down to .08 damage.

LRM are a support weapon used to soften up armor. Not will kill you in 3 super fast shots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users