Remove Lrm5 From Game Until Fix Is Found

10 replies to this topic

#1 MadIrish

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:01 PM

The LRM5 is ruining game play please remove the weapon from game play entirely until a solution is implemented.

#2 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:50 PM

I don't think "PGI please remove this" counts as a work around. On the other hand, "If you are having problems with LRM 5s, mount AMS" might.

Edited by Sparks Murphey, 21 March 2014 - 10:52 PM.

#3 Dexter Herbivore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 241 posts
  • LocationPerth WA

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:00 PM

On behalf of PGI, "No".

#4 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:51 AM

PGI are really quick. They have already put in a workaround for you into the game.... multiple workarounds in fact.
  • Terrain (Buildings, hills etc..)
  • AMS
  • Losing the lock (If this isnt possible, then scaring away the spotter through fire from youurself)
  • Bigger mechs (prefferably, but not limited to opponents imo )

#5 Rashkae

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:58 AM

View PostSparks Murphey, on 21 March 2014 - 10:50 PM, said:

I don't think "PGI please remove this" counts as a work around. On the other hand, "If you are having problems with LRM 5s, mount AMS" might.

Shhhh.... Please don't confuse him with common sense.

#6 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:21 AM

If you`re regularly dying to LRM 5s, the problem is clearly not with the weapon.

#7 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:24 AM

View PostZerberus, on 22 March 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:

If you`re regularly dying to LRM 5s, the problem is clearly not with the weapon.

on the other hand, if you're dying to the weapon and it has been buffed a couple of days ago by 40% then it might be the problem with the weapon :P

40% flight speed is too much of a buff, with narc and tag and bap and extended sensors and advanced target decay, terrain works pretty bad to shield you. the lrm often finds you around a corner with all of those in place.

#8 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:46 AM

View PostMazzyplz, on 22 March 2014 - 06:24 AM, said:

on the other hand, if you're dying to the weapon and it has been buffed a couple of days ago by 40% then it might be the problem with the weapon :P

Allow me to rephrase: if you`re dying to a 5 MAX(!!) damage non pinpoint weapon who`s rounds fly slower than an ac 20, that needs a lock to function properly AND can be completely nullified by just a single AMS /ECM /intelligent use of terrain, the problem is almost certainly not with the weapon.

LRM5s always have been and always will be laughably weak when not boated, an annoyance when chainfired, and somewhat useful when groupfired for 30 missile clouds. As a standalone weapons system, they have only ever been effective against bads and /or people that tend to panic. When I`m on the recieving end I laugh, not about the damage I`m taking, but because I know that somebody out there is rolling around on the floor screaming and thrashing his arms everytime I use them and I can`t figure out what they`re whining about.

Protip: If you think they`re so OP, then you have a few choices

1. Use them yourself. This has 2 advantages: if you`re intelligent, you learn how to counter them. AND by using them you`re showing PGI via telemetry that they`re so broken everyone is switching to them. And if they're so easy to use, you should soon be in the top tier of players. So Prove it.

After all, it worked for all the tryhards with their AC5/2PPC/JJ combos... didn`t it? :wacko:

2. Become more critical of your own playing and think about why you just died instead of raging about what weapon it was...... For the Record, if 90% of the time when you die horribly your first thought isn`t "well that was dumb", referring to your own actions that got you into that mess, you`re probably wrong.

3. Continue to be stubborn and refuse to adapt, continue to whine and suck instead.

4. (For the real hardcore doomsayers) Just quit already: PGI never gets anything right, never delivers on time, never delivers what they promised, is only out to grab out cash, and is scrapping the game and moving to Tahiti on June 16th anyway :mellow: :)

Edited by Zerberus, 22 March 2014 - 07:04 AM.

#9 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:51 AM

yes, i'm sure everyone talking about LRM are referring to A SINGLE LRM5.

what?

it's like you havent even played the game this week.

the guy shooting LRM5 on top of others shooting 10s and 15s.
the guy chain firing LRM5s on top of the alpha'd missiles just to shake your screen, similar to streaktaro, but at a way bigger distance.

so the ams nullifies the streaktaro as well? (nope)

#10 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:16 AM

If by not playing you mean http://mwomercs.com/tournaments , then yes, I have not played at all this week.

And FTR, I have not used LRMs in the tounament at all, but the Gauss, SRMs and LL on my HM. So 2 weapons and a chassis that "suck" or are "horribly nerfed", and 2 LL. Just to put the cryhards in their place.

He is complaining specifically about LRM 5s, NOT about the larger launchers. Nor am I talking about a single launcher, something that the terms "chainfire" and "groupfire" should have made obvious. I was thinking about the 6LRM5 Trollpult which I use specifically to piss people off, not because it does any sort of notable damage.

But I ALSO know that it`s interesting that people complain about layered LRM fire, but not about 9ppcs and 12acs pointed at them, which is the exact same thing, the payment for a dumb mistake.

I continue to maintan that the screen shake from LRM5 is laughable, and they even make a module for that if you just can`t live with it.

The streaktaro is a strawman argument with no relevance here. But FTR, 2 AMS and decent movement do make it a very funny joke. :P

*Edit: Removed unnecesary comment, why sink to that level*

Edited by Zerberus, 22 March 2014 - 09:34 AM.

#11 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:23 AM

View PostMadIrish, on 21 March 2014 - 10:01 PM, said:

The LRM5 is ruining game play please remove the weapon from game play entirely until a solution is implemented.

Aw can't charge somebody in your jagerbomb now can?
Jumping Gauss Kat getting down?
Your Highlander poptart not giving up the love?
Deal with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users