DD-C Atlases count... Sort of. >.>

#22 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:10 PM

View PostDuzenbury, on 21 March 2014 - 08:15 PM, said:

When everyone is using them as opposed to nearly everything else you need to fix something. One TAG and it's game over because 10 mechs fire LRMs over the mountains perfectly accurately.

Fix this, seriously.

It's NOT EVEN CANONICAL. Worthless developers. No balance.
Posted Image

#23 zztophat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:12 PM

View PostRex Budman, on 21 March 2014 - 09:06 PM, said:

Sigh... A1 Troll...

Hrm... nope, I was just checking the "cheat sheet" and it seems that calling someone a troll does not in fact invalidate their argument, nor does it support yours.

Funny how that works.

#24 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:13 PM

Just another I wanna charge up untouched in my jagerbomb and nuke people thread.
Get real bro.
Seriously.

#25 Dan Nashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 606 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:19 PM

Eh. Beats dying to artillery strike.
At least building an LRM boat only costs 10 million c-bills. 30 for all the variants.
Using arty in every match would have cost me 100 million c-bills by now!

;-).

LRMs are only really broken on Caustic and Alpine.
Not sure the weapons are fixable, they need to be overpowered in alpine/caustic PuGland to be not absolutely useless everywhere else in the game. Because they are still, afaik, useless in 12s.

They're really only overpowered because they make it really easy to pick off people who are by themselves.

Edited by DanNashe, 21 March 2014 - 09:21 PM.

#26 AdultPuppetShow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 165 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSpace Texas

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:19 PM

LRM Nerf Threads, exciting and new....

But honestly I'm ecstatic that LRM's are actually useful now. Makes the 75% of the chassis that weren't being used in the PPC/AC5 meta useful again. Matches are now more dynamic, fewer people are getting cored outright, and I'm glad people are complaining because their point and click shooter is gone. Makes me hopeful for the future.

Edited by AdultPuppetShow, 21 March 2014 - 09:23 PM.

#27 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:24 PM

Posts like this make me feel like a god among men. I'm really not that good; probably right around average. Yet amazingly I rarely die to LRMs. I just had a match with almost no LRMs in it - it was all poptarts and direct fire. It reminded me how much that meta just sucks. LRMs don't care if I'm in a BM, or an Atlas, or a Centurion. Poptarts do. I can play my BM against LRMs. Against poptarts it's a waste of time.

LRMs are no tougher than PPCs/ACs now. Still a tad less, but that's fine. If you're finding them simply impossible to overcome then you need to get AMS, stick with your team and pay attention. There's an alternate build to poptart now for viable combat. If that's too much for you to handle, there isn't a lot of advice that will help you.

#28 SerratedBlaze

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

I'm glad many people are defending the change. The issue to me was that lights could not be hit by missiles. Skill or no, they ran faster than missiles could and could outmaneuver them effortlessly. Now spiders get hit by some missiles while tagged in LOS with arty which is very satisfying. Of course, the spider could still use any hill whatsoever to break tag and be cloaked by ecm and then get into the dead zone.

As for LRMS being OP...They are strong when boated heavily. If many mechs spend absurd amounts of tonnage on launcher/arty/ammo/bap/target mod/sensor mod then all unload at the same time on a target in a coordinated strike, is it any less bad than taking 8PPC to the face for stepping over the ridge? Overall I think 12 man is fun but creates too fragile of a game because focus fire becomes easier with more allies and more deadly. and that is the real "issue"

#29 B E E L Z E B U B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 384 posts
  • LocationTopsy Turvy Town

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:00 AM

View PostDock Steward, on 21 March 2014 - 08:24 PM, said:

Thanks for starting a new thread on this topic. I can't believe no one else is talking about this.

not helpful.

#30 Rex Budman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 841 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:06 AM

View PostDock Steward, on 21 March 2014 - 08:50 PM, said:

Counter: Cover, ECM, AMS, Cover, Closing within 180m, Cover...

Also, if the devs even were thinking about paying attention to this thread for one second, they probably stopped at "worthless developers..."

ROFLMAO you have to be joking

ECM: Only on a few select mechs
AMS: Its like using a bucket to un-sink the Titanic
Cover: Grab a deed to a plot of land because once you're in, you have to stay in
Closing in: And get pummeled in the process by others + The LRMS that hit you in the interim that just demolish your entire mech

Lol come on man...

Only two viable tactics remain; 12 man Rush or 12 man BBQ behind a building (Which mind you not all maps accommodate for)

Edited by Rex Budman, 22 March 2014 - 02:07 AM.

#31 B E E L Z E B U B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 384 posts
  • LocationTopsy Turvy Town

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:08 AM

i think, LRMs are very easy to use and boat, being as such, they shouldnt be dominating the battle field as they do since the last patch.
indirect fire, locking on, and powerful = unbalanced.
im gonna assume the people who are defending the current state of LRMs are those who dont usually do good and they are finally managing to get kills which isnt fair to be honest.
if youre not doing good its because either you dont have a good system so your fps wont allow you to aim properlly, or your just not good a gamer...
also, now the devs are looking into nerfing ACs somehow. a very bad decision.

#32 DeathlyEyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • 940 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMetaphorical Island somewhere in the Pacific

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:33 AM

LRMs were useful. They just needed to be used as support mechs. Now they are useful as long range snipers which shouldnt have happened. By the way I had issues getting to cover running immediately to it using a shadowhawk on frozen city. Missles were just going over the walls and made the game pretty much impossible to play. I uninstalled many more will. This change is killing the game by putting a weapon system that takes absolutely no finesse or skill to use as the top tier weapon system. What's the point anymore. Anyone saying LRM boats were useless before the match needs to re-evaluate how they work together as a team. The 2 top damages in this match were our LRM boats, a highlander and an A1 against pop sniping meta with pop sniping meta support. Out damaging both sides and also completely obliterating 2 pop snipe meta mechs without any issue at all. The mechs were behind hills nearly the whole time they were alive and they were unable to do anything. This screenshot was from before the latest patch.

Posted Image

Edited by SLDF DeathlyEyes, 22 March 2014 - 02:37 AM.

#33 BlackDeathLegion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:11 AM

Yo OPer*

How about PGI changes LRMs hit mechanics... to the SAME as STREAKS?

This will spread out damage and BALANCE them... IMHO.

Problem Solved... if PGI can do this without Coding Issues! :P

#34 MarineTech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:12 AM

View PostDuzenbury, on 21 March 2014 - 08:15 PM, said:

When everyone is using them as opposed to nearly everything else you need to fix something. One TAG and it's game over because 10 mechs fire LRMs over the mountains perfectly accurately.

Where have you been playing?

Yeah, the first 24 to 36 hours, everybody was playing around with missile boats. Since then though, people got clued in, added AMS to their mechs and now huddles up to their ECM buddies. I haven't seen more than 2, maybe 3 missile boats in a game since then.

You want to make it stop. Build up a medium into a fast flanker mech and start hunting them down. You pop up next to them and the rain of missiles stops, and they really can't fend you off with the minimal secondary weapons they carry.

#35 Sheraf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:08 AM

View PostDuzenbury, on 21 March 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:

Everyone using LRMs, one tag, instant death. No counter? In any way? Perfect accuracy and non-canon.

Imbalanced and incorrect to the timeline.

Cover > all LRM, Who care if someone tagging you :P Nail some AC to that tagger face.

#36 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:11 AM

View PostSheraf, on 22 March 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:

Cover > all LRM, Who care if someone tagging you :P Nail some AC to that tagger face.

light with tag > cover.
any mech with narc > cover.
target decay > popping back into cover.
buffed flight speeds > slow assault.

if a noob read your posts it would seem as if autocannon can shoot thru cover, as LRMs do, sadly it cannot.
LRM is the only weapon you can shoot from cover as well as shoot enemies behind cover, when tag or narc

edit: ahh nevermind i read wrong; you want him to shoot the tagger.
well that's fine and good with autocannon mechs but if you're running the laser banshee you're screwed huh? light mech isn't gonna go down before you if you shoot it with laser

Edited by Mazzyplz, 22 March 2014 - 08:12 AM.

#37 Dock Steward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 945 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:11 AM

View PostKarma Police, on 22 March 2014 - 02:00 AM, said:

not helpful.

The only really helpful advice that I can give the OP is to go play outside. Apparently everything I've been doing to avoid dying to LRM's only works for me.

#38 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:14 AM

View PostDock Steward, on 22 March 2014 - 08:11 AM, said:

The only really helpful advice that I can give the OP is to go play outside. Apparently everything I've been doing to avoid dying to LRM's only works for me.

it actually works for me too, and even without AMS. - i haven't been picked off by LRM in 5+ days since patch.
but things are ridiculous still, when my team dissapears and i'm the last guy standing,
i see 3-5 boats all alpha and i go FUUUUU..... instadeath.

its worse now than it was being the last man standing last week

#39 Dock Steward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 945 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:27 AM

View PostMazzyplz, on 22 March 2014 - 08:14 AM, said:

it actually works for me too, and even without AMS. - i haven't been picked off by LRM in 5+ days since patch.
but things are ridiculous still, when my team dissapears and i'm the last guy standing,
i see 3-5 boats all alpha and i go FUUUUU..... instadeath.

its worse now than it was being the last man standing last week

People use the new shiny toys the most. When more people practice and get better with the counters, and others just get bored with using them, and when some other weapons (SRM's?) get a needed adjustment, the rain will die down. When a new mech is released, how many of it do you see in the first few weeks? Tons. Eventually you see fewer and fewer, even if it';s a great Chassis. People eventually move on to the next new thing. So much QQ for so long over the PPC/AC meta, now there's a solid counter and people are peeved. WTF? When Brawling finally gets a shot in the arm, and we finally have our rock-paper-scissors, this LRM speed change will seem much less severe. I wish they'd addressed Brawling first and made the LRM change after, but unfortunately, it would seem hit registration is the main culprit as far as a weak Brawling atmosphere goes, and that doesn't appear to have an easy fix.

I've said it before, but we really need a true Brawling map. More than one, really.

#40 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

View PostDuzenbury, on 21 March 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

More threads generally means devs listen more.

No, more threads just mean the playerbase is comprised of more whiny and childish man-babies (that somehow think creating work for the forum mods makes the devs read the same whines more often) than they previously expected.

Edited by Zerberus, 22 March 2014 - 09:09 AM.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users