7 replies to this topic

#1 VagGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:26 AM

are we ever going to see them?

I mean seriously we have more camos than we ever going to need. isnt it time that whatever team PGI has working on these things focuses on something else, something that will take customization one step further, make it more personal.

Pick two spots on each chassi one for custom decals (especially with CW hopefully on its way) and one spot for purchasable decals. price them reasonably and you may use a system similar to camos. single use unlock per chassi.

you can even make unique decals earnable through achievements (got 12 kills? show off with a decal ect) and/or give us a decal reation tool like the one in battlefield 4.

we dont need more camos....decals would be great to have

#2 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:32 AM

I am very, very in favor of being able to import custom decals/camos/colours into the game ...
BUT !

Since custom created decals are not sellable by PGI I don´t really think they will go this way of customer-friendlyness, it would/could be a serious financial risk for them suddenly lacking steadily-streaming income (however small/big) from all those camo/colour/fashion object sales .

Money is what makes the world go round ... ever more so for the MW world of nowadays .

#3 Thunder Lips Express

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 905 posts
  • LocationFrom parts unknown

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:37 AM

they mentioned a long time ago that it would be available, so probably not

#4 VagGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:48 AM

View PostRad Hanzo, on 22 March 2014 - 04:32 AM, said:

I am very, very in favor of being able to import custom decals/camos/colours into the game ...
BUT !

Since custom created decals are not sellable by PGI I don´t really think they will go this way of customer-friendlyness, it would/could be a serious financial risk for them suddenly lacking steadily-streaming income (however small/big) from all those camo/colour/fashion object sales .

Money is what makes the world go round ... ever more so for the MW world of nowadays .

i know...but thats the thing...i dont think camos sell as much anymore..hell, some of them i've never and i mean never seen ingame...and even so they wont they wont loose their stream of income because there will still be 15+ camos available...furthermore i said one spot for custom decals (make the community happy) and one spot for purchasable decals (make money). i still think its a win win situation for them

View PostEcliptor, on 22 March 2014 - 04:37 AM, said:

they mentioned a long time ago that it would be available, so probably not

yes they did...and unfortunatelly i also think "probably not" but it doesnt hurt to try and bring this up again. (not that PGI bothers to read the forums anymore but you know..nowhere alse to put this)

#5 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:50 AM

Im in favor, all they need to do is charge MC for the import and boom

#6 fandre

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:00 AM

I would like to see:
earnable decals
decals which displays your kills/supports/spots/deaths, depending on the respective number.
buyable decals

but no user made decals.

#7 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:04 AM

View Postfandre, on 22 March 2014 - 05:00 AM, said:

I would like to see:
earnable decals
decals which displays your kills/supports/spots/deaths, depending on the respective number.
buyable decals

but no user made decals.

hmm, gotta say that's a fair choice. First they need to make Clan/Faction Decals and custom skins

#8 VagGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:24 AM

View Postfandre, on 22 March 2014 - 05:00 AM, said:

I would like to see:
earnable decals
buyable decals

but no user made decals.

there are a lot of units out there that would love to have their emblems on their mechs...yes there will be stupid people that will use stupid/offensive/insulting decals...but thats happening in every other game out and its bad but its managable

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users