I Tried To Adapted To The Lrm Meta But Nope

190 replies to this topic

#181 Pygar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:26 AM

lol @ OP

This incarnation of "LRM-ageddon" was nowhere near as bad as past times when they tried to "balance" LRMs...and PGI is already planning a re-adjustment. (slight nerf)

#182 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:37 AM

View Postxlrdallas, on 25 March 2014 - 06:43 AM, said:

i will whine about anything i like, what are you the forum police, and as for ppc,s ac20,s, i dont use them, over 60 mechs, and only have 1 mech with with a ac 20 on it , and only 2 mechs with 1 ppc on them, i use er an reg large laser,s and ac10,s and srm,s,, ooo an reg med lasers, and if hiding an spaming 10000 lrm,s is your idea how mech warrior should be , you my friend are a moron, go work for pgi, it seems you would fit in good there
oo i do have 1 chease build a golden boy, streak boat, but thats because thats all that mech is good for,, besides lrm,s and you can see how i feel about them

Wow, and how old are you? About ten, judging by your reaction to my perfectly reasonable comment. Ill apologise for calling you a meta player, your only semi-meta. But you come across as another of these ignorant "Waaahhh mummy, LRM's are actually an effective weapon now and I cant think how to adapt my play style to work around so make PGI nerf them back into uselessness!" Too bad. LRM's are here to stay. Adapt or die. If you had even bothered to read my post you would have noted that I suffer from severe lag, rubber banding and general glitches. This is because my little brother screwed my computer over and until I fix it I cant run my snipers, brawlers and skirmishers effectively. I don't actually like constantly missile boating, but I have had to adapt. Your response was insulting and frankly I found it very rude and uncouth. You are a symbol of what is dragging this game down. And please don't call me your "friend" for that implies an association with a whiney child such as yourself, something that given your apparent rage at anything that counteracts or points out the flaws in your narrow minded vision, I feel is entirely appropriate. If I am wrong then prove so, but don't jump straight on too your butt hurt angry nerd rage setting.

#183 Rex Budman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 841 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:39 AM

View PostBlood Rose, on 26 March 2014 - 02:37 AM, said:

Wow, and how old are you? About ten, judging by your reaction to my perfectly reasonable comment. Ill apologise for calling you a meta player, your only semi-meta. But you come across as another of these ignorant "Waaahhh mummy, LRM's are actually an effective weapon now and I cant think how to adapt my play style to work around so make PGI nerf them back into uselessness!" Too bad. LRM's are here to stay. Adapt or die. If you had even bothered to read my post you would have noted that I suffer from severe lag, rubber banding and general glitches. This is because my little brother screwed my computer over and until I fix it I cant run my snipers, brawlers and skirmishers effectively. I don't actually like constantly missile boating, but I have had to adapt. Your response was insulting and frankly I found it very rude and uncouth. You are a symbol of what is dragging this game down. And please don't call me your "friend" for that implies an association with a whiney child such as yourself, something that given your apparent rage at anything that counteracts or points out the flaws in your narrow minded vision, I feel is entirely appropriate. If I am wrong then prove so, but don't jump straight on too your butt hurt angry nerd rage setting.

Yet a ten year old can tell the difference between your and you're? Oh oops I guess i just became just like the rest of the LRM trolls. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS!

#184 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:26 AM

View PostRex Budman, on 26 March 2014 - 02:39 AM, said:

Yet a ten year old can tell the difference between your and you're? Oh oops I guess i just became just like the rest of the LRM trolls. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS!

I don't even get this. I'm sorry, but the way he came across was exactly like one of those angry ten year old children that you get on COD.

#185 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:19 AM

View PostRex Budman, on 26 March 2014 - 02:39 AM, said:

And a 48 year old can tell you that if you can read, you can mentally fix it without being a jerk! :huh:

#186 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:24 AM

View PostBlood Rose, on 26 March 2014 - 03:26 AM, said:

I don't even get this. I'm sorry, but the way he came across was exactly like one of those angry ten year old children that you get on COD.

I almost liked that post... Because he does have every right to whine about what he wishes to. But it's the rest of his post that I don't agree with so I cannot like the post.

#187 Jae Hyun Nakamura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMarburg

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:26 AM

Maybe it's not his native language, same with me, so pls be Kind.

I wrote in another thread that i was happy with LRM's before the buff and used them regularly. Enemies were hard to hit but with a good spotter on my side it was good. In fact i was forced to bring Close/mid range weapons into my loadout to get into a dmg range of 500+ but hey...it was fun.

Now i can use LRM's without backup cause None of the enemies will even get Close enough to be a threat. And here's the other side of the coin: i don't use this nice, fun-makeing brawlers anymore 'cause i won't come Close enough to the enemy. And if i do it's for aproximately 15-20 seconds before the Rocketstorm burns my mech to dust.

It's a question of fun not only for the LRM/PPC/AC Players but also for the ML/SRM/SSRM Players and many of them are looseing their fun-component in this game.

If so many People are adressing this Problem, one should not call them whiners or offend them in another way but think about it and search for a solve to this Problem which is acceptable for all of the Players. (LRM-ers, PPC/AC-ers and the Las/SRM Brawlers)

#188 Shiro Matsumoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 492 posts
  • Locationon "The island"

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:54 AM

View Poststjobe, on 22 March 2014 - 01:25 PM, said:

Funny, this is exactly what the matches I have been in since the patch have been like; a bit of long-range probing with AC/PPC and LRMs, and then a flanking maneuver (or a pincer!) and boom! Brawl like mad between 8-12 'mechs until one side wins.

And teamwork! I've seen more teamwork in PUGs after the patch than since I can't remember. I even had lance chat discussions, and both given and followed orders that made a difference to the match outcome.

Perhaps I'm in the perfect Elo for this patch - it has to be something, because I'm NOT seeing any of the LRM domination people keep complaining about, my LRM-mounting 'mechs haven't suddenly become unstoppable killing machines (my direct-fire and SRM 'mechs have way better WLR and KDR), and I have yet to be killed by LRMs since the patch (although I've died plenty to direct-fire weaponry).

In short, I can't be playing the same game as the OP.

You are right there.. People Narc, People tag.. People even say thanks for good TAGwork.

BTW they lessen the speed to 160 soon.

#189 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:57 AM

View PostRamsoPanzer, on 22 March 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

The guy who wrote this post is right, all the [people] replying are the same lrm-noobs as always, trying to defend a thing that has no reasonable defense.

Cept I'm not using LRMs... So how do you rationalize that sir?

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 26 March 2014 - 04:58 AM.

#190 3rdworld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:33 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 26 March 2014 - 04:57 AM, said:

Cept I'm not using LRMs... So how do you rationalize that sir?

Well you don't want a balanced game. You have stated such in many threads that you want to play against an OP build because that is true to TT or true to your real life experiences.

#191 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:35 AM

View Post3rdworld, on 26 March 2014 - 05:33 AM, said:

Well you don't want a balanced game. You have stated such in many threads that you want to play against an OP build because that is true to TT or true to your real life experiences.

Actually... That's not a bad response 3rd! Good job!Posted Image

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users