Weapon Slots Placement.

3 replies to this topic

#1 Braiddai

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:02 AM

Greetings Mechwarriors.

I don't know if this has been/it's discussed somewhere, but Something that I would love to get tweaked is the fact of being able to place your weapons in the hardpoint slot you prefer.
For example, I'm playing this beast now http://mwo.smurfy-ne...393301c9cd5729d, and I've noticed that it's 4 ballstic slots are distributed in groups of 2, two in the lower part of the LT and two in the higher part of the LT. I have an AC/20 and 2 AC/2 right now, and I would like to put my AC/2's in the highest part, so I can shoot trough high covers, but there's no actual way to do so, since atm (with all 'Mechs) all the slots are like being occupied in order either than how you want them to be. When I place all three Ballistics, the AC/2 gets placed next to the AC/20 in the lower part of the torso, and the other AC/2 gets placed on the higher spot, leaving the other high spot unused.
It also happends with the energy hardpoints in its right torso, since when I mount the Energy weapons something strange occurs. I place the Medium first (so it stays in the only lower slot that there is, leaving the two higher slots for the other two energy weapons), then the two LL, and I can clearly see that the two LL are being placed in the higher spots (since their model adds to the structure), but when I click on Check Out, one of the LL switches places with the Medium...
I would like to know if it's actualy a bug, or if it's just that IGP want it to be this way, tough I would love the see this feature implemented. I belive it would make the game a lot better, since you could have even more customization for your 'Mechs.

Good hunting.

Edited by Braiddai, 23 March 2014 - 09:03 AM.

#2 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

View PostBraiddai, on 23 March 2014 - 09:02 AM, said:

Greetings Mechwarriors.

I don't know if this has been/it's discussed somewhere, but Something that I would love to get tweaked is the fact of being able to place your weapons in the hardpoint slot you prefer.
For example, I'm playing this beast now http://mwo.smurfy-ne...393301c9cd5729d, and I've noticed that it's 4 ballstic slots are distributed in groups of 2, two in the lower part of the LT and two in the higher part of the LT. I have an AC/20 and 2 AC/2 right now, and I would like to put my AC/2's in the highest part, so I can shoot trough high covers, but there's no actual way to do so, since atm (with all 'Mechs) all the slots are like being occupied in order either than how you want them to be. When I place all three Ballistics, the AC/2 gets placed next to the AC/20 in the lower part of the torso, and the other AC/2 gets placed on the higher spot, leaving the other high spot unused.
It also happends with the energy hardpoints in its right torso, since when I mount the Energy weapons something strange occurs. I place the Medium first (so it stays in the only lower slot that there is, leaving the two higher slots for the other two energy weapons), then the two LL, and I can clearly see that the two LL are being placed in the higher spots (since their model adds to the structure), but when I click on Check Out, one of the LL switches places with the Medium...
I would like to know if it's actualy a bug, or if it's just that IGP want it to be this way, tough I would love the see this feature implemented. I belive it would make the game a lot better, since you could have even more customization for your 'Mechs.

Good hunting.

It isn't necessarily a bug, per se, but it is a known issue with a known workaround.

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 08 February 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

Known issue, with a workaround.

Sell the offending piece of gear and buy a new one and it should stay where you place it. What apparenlty happens is weapons remember where they were originally and revert to that hardpoint order when you throw them on a location with multiple hardpoint options.

It's a pain, but it ougth to be managable with a little bit of effort.

Apparently, the hardpoints have some internal indexing, and the weapons assume the index number of the hardpoint when they are installed on the 'Mech, and retain that "index number" (such that they "remember" which hardpoint they were installed in). As such, the solution quoted above is to sell all examples of the affected weapon(s) and re-purchase them, which gives a set of weapons with "blank index numbers", which may then be placed where one wishes (and which will then assume the "index number" of the corresponding hardpoint).

Ostensibly, this would also mean that one has to determine the index numbers of the hardpoints themselves (e.g. determine which hardpoint is "#1", which is "#2", and so on) and install the weapons "in order" for the quoted solution to work...? ^_^

#3 Braiddai

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

Thanks for the reply Strum.
Interesting, but that means that it's something that should be working correctly by now. I would like to see an option for that customization, a button that opens a window (or something like that) that shows the slots for the hardpoints, and that you can drag the weapon into the spot you like.

#4 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:50 AM

I'm sure we'll get there eventually, I sure would like it though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users