10 replies to this topic

#1 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:33 PM

You have a test server, before you make game shattering changes why don't you test them out first on a PUBLIC TEST SERVER that way we THE PLAYERS can give you FEEDBACK. You can then take that FEEDBACK and make any needed adjustments so you do not totally embarrass yourselves yet again.

#2 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 23 March 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:

You have a test server, before you make game shattering changes why don't you test them out first on a PUBLIC TEST SERVER that way we THE PLAYERS can give you FEEDBACK. You can then take that FEEDBACK and make any needed adjustments so you do not totally embarrass yourselves yet again.

rofl
except for all the people that don't agree with your opinion that increasing the speed of LRMs was "earth shattering" and was, in fact, a GOOD thing and LIKE it

#3 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:44 PM

View PostSandpit, on 23 March 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

rofl
except for all the people that don't agree with your opinion that increasing the speed of LRMs was "earth shattering" and was, in fact, a GOOD thing and LIKE it

Oh I will be the first to say that LRM's needed a tweak upwards. I just think that the added 55m/s was a bit to much. Tone it down from 175 to 140 and then lets see what happens. But oh wait, they do not use their own TEST SERVER!!!!!.

Never understood games that roll out changes of this magnitude without a public test first.

#4 Bobzilla

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:53 AM

But one of the current problems with LRM's is more an indirect problem of multipule lrm boats. If they opened the test server up saying they want to test lrm changes, everyone would grab a lrm boat to test it out, and it would be problematic off the bat. So you'd have to set up structured load outs on certain teams, which is what they probably did and not blance the weapon if one side had a lot of lrm boats and one doesn't. Same as it is now in game, just a lot of people are doing it.

But it's already changeing, get those fast mechs out to ruin the lrm boats day and they will decide that they need to change things up or will just become hit/miss depending on the match.

#5 CygnusX7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:02 AM

It's really not OP and even when there are a bunch of boats on one side it's nothing worth creating threads over.
LTP.

#6 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:45 AM

Its not a matter of LTP, I play very well. The problem and point of the thread, is PGI has a test server that they rarely use. We saw it what 3 maybe 5 times testing UI 2.0 (Granted IMHO 2.0 sucks compared to 1.5) This LRM change is a game changer, agree or not about the buff, it still changed the game in a significant way. I am not saying that is a bad thing. LRM boats are my next favorite mech to play after a Jenner. However I will admit that LRM's did need a slight buff. And this is something that could have been put up on the test server for a week and us the players told... GO PLAY IT AND TELL US WHAT YOU THINK. I think that is a much better policy then rolling changes of significance to the player base without any external testing. Lets face it, if there is a way to exploit it, players will find it.

#7 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:49 AM

View PostSandpit, on 23 March 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

rofl

except the op is right feed back is useful, helpful to PGI for finding out what is liked and not liked before it goes live, to have the least impact on population.

Because not very thing, YOU like, others like, and changes which REDUCE population are a BAD thing..

#8 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:51 AM

I like how I think! Thanks to it I can see and like both Sandpit & Kathy's point of views! :)

#9 CygnusX7

• 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:19 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 24 March 2014 - 05:45 AM, said:

Its not a matter of LTP, I play very well. The problem and point of the thread, is PGI has a test server that they rarely use. We saw it what 3 maybe 5 times testing UI 2.0 (Granted IMHO 2.0 sucks compared to 1.5) This LRM change is a game changer, agree or not about the buff, it still changed the game in a significant way. I am not saying that is a bad thing. LRM boats are my next favorite mech to play after a Jenner. However I will admit that LRM's did need a slight buff. And this is something that could have been put up on the test server for a week and us the players told... GO PLAY IT AND TELL US WHAT YOU THINK. I think that is a much better policy then rolling changes of significance to the player base without any external testing. Lets face it, if there is a way to exploit it, players will find it.

It is though. From your referring to the game as being shattered one would think you mean it's ruined. Any version of this game can be played we just have to learn to figure out whats necessary to beat the competition. I've had some fun matches lately and I'm not that great of a player. My situational awareness seems to be a bit behind but somehow I manage to not be overwhelmed by LRM fire.
As explained by Bobzilla:

View PostBobzilla, on 24 March 2014 - 04:53 AM, said:

But one of the current problems with LRM's is more an indirect problem of multipule lrm boats. If they opened the test server up saying they want to test lrm changes, everyone would grab a lrm boat to test it out, and it would be problematic off the bat. So you'd have to set up structured load outs on certain teams, which is what they probably did and not blance the weapon if one side had a lot of lrm boats and one doesn't. Same as it is now in game, just a lot of people are doing it.

But it's already changeing, get those fast mechs out to ruin the lrm boats day and they will decide that they need to change things up or will just become hit/miss depending on the match.

At this state of the game PGI should not have to rely on the player base for game changes. PGI should be way beyond taking advice from players. PGI should be more than capable of figuring it out or finding people who can. The spectrum of players within MWO is way to large to rely on for balance.

Edited by CygnusX7, 24 March 2014 - 07:17 AM.

#10 CCC Dober

• 1,881 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:36 AM

A test server? Well, frag me sideways, that would actually make sense for a change. The community might actually stand a chance to veto the obvious BS before a patch goes live. Goes a long way to get the community involved.

#11 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:35 AM

View PostCathy, on 24 March 2014 - 05:49 AM, said:

except the op is right feed back is useful, helpful to PGI for finding out what is liked and not liked before it goes live, to have the least impact on population.

Because not very thing, YOU like, others like, and changes which REDUCE population are a BAD thing..

I'm not saying ANYone's opinion is invalid. I'm saying things like
"everyone"
"the majority"
"90%'
etc.
when talking about an individual opinion is NOT representative of anyone else but that individual. So when someone says "Nobody likes the LRM change" that's completely false.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users