Hang In There - The Lrmageddon Will Pass.

134 replies to this topic

#121 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:12 PM

Nope. Not at you. Just people who may come with the wrong idea. Dont worry. I don't know which party you consider yourself tho.

Edited by ManDaisy, 12 June 2014 - 10:17 PM.

#122 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:43 AM

View PostManDaisy, on 12 June 2014 - 10:12 PM, said:

Nope. Not at you. Just people who may come with the wrong idea. Dont worry. I don't know which party you consider yourself tho.

Yeah... I am considered a whiner..

Just giving people new topic to think about and discuss, that might upset LRM and NON-LRM balance again..
Currently it has settled down to manageable level.. More LRM boating nowdays but not to the unfun levels of past Lrmageddons.

Videos suggest that Clan mech are indeed more powerful LRM boating platforms that can even carry a decent array of backup weapons. Will this tip the balance to LRM boating again only time will tell...

Representing Liao is better done during Faction events.. No talking.. Just fight.

#123 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:50 AM

Shin vectors video is why i hate embers so much =D

#124 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:19 PM

View PostGeist Null, on 12 June 2014 - 06:32 PM, said:

how many players are going to take a break till that happens? how many others will break off till clan technology is allowed to be sold to IS forces? mix those results in with the long wait for community warfare and its beginning to look a little grim for IS only pilots

The new AMS modules are universal to IS and Clan. And even smaller amounts of AMS are more effective on Clan streaming shots- something I'm familiar with from being a long-time Cataphract-2X pilot. Here's proof.

#125 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:27 PM

View PostShinVector, on 13 June 2014 - 12:43 AM, said:

Videos suggest that Clan mech are indeed more powerful LRM boating platforms that can even carry a decent array of backup weapons. Will this tip the balance to LRM boating again only time will tell...

Representing Liao is better done during Faction events.. No talking.. Just fight.

Now, that Clan LRM platforms are more capable of decent secondary batteries is a good point- especially heavier ones. Lighter ones like the Adder-A can be running around with Art-CLRM-30 batteries and the equivalent of a pair of IS LL's, although with longer burn time. While most people will likely being meta-poptarting with Timber Wolf-S chassis, they're quite capable of a "Super Catapult" config with 60 or so LRMs + 4 ERMLs. The latter are the most dangerous, as once you get past 40 or so Clan LRMs, single AMS starts to get seriously overwhelmed even on streaming fire. Lance-level AMS networks still gobble big chunks out of them, however.

Further, the test server had issues with LRMs. Artemis and other lock-on boosts weren't functioning properly, and there's some pathing issues with Clan LRMs at closer ranges. Sunday's second test run ( http://mwomercs.com/...re-clan-testing ) should provide some more insight.

#126 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:41 AM

They are not allowing people who didn't buy clan packs to preview and test clans mechs right ?
Kinda dumb on part of their marketing my opinion..

Anyway... I think the anti lockon module is probably what I really need for the non ecm lights...
The LRM track even behind cover BS was one of the things that was REALLY pissing me off.
No LOS.. No tracking and all is good..

#127 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:15 PM

View PostShinVector, on 14 June 2014 - 12:41 AM, said:

They are not allowing people who didn't buy clan packs to preview and test clans mechs right ?
Kinda dumb on part of their marketing my opinion..

If they allowed that, nobody would have played the IS 'Mechs to test against, rendering the whole "checking balance" part useless.

Anyway... I think the anti lockon module is probably what I really need for the non ecm lights...
The LRM track even behind cover BS was one of the things that was REALLY pissing me off.
No LOS.. No tracking and all is good..

Poptarts will adore it. Nothing like total impunity against LRM fire the moment they drop behind cover.

#128 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:12 PM

View Postwanderer, on 14 June 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

If they allowed that, nobody would have played the IS 'Mechs to test against, rendering the whole "checking balance" part useless.

Ehhh... I doubting that objective... Can't be done in a 12 hours session..

I my thoughts... Want to sell Clan Packs ?? Show for Clan Packs.... More people see, try and like it...
More people buy Clan Packs no ? Just a marketing fail to me.

#129 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:27 PM

Incidental note: A Kit Fox with the triple AMS + AMS Overload module can shoot down 2x CLRM-20, solo. All of them.

Dual AMS + module should be quite the LRM snuffer.

#130 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:55 PM

LRMs + NARC = OP

#131 Macksheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:02 PM

Cover = OP

#132 Vanguard319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:48 PM

12 mech gang rapes = ridiculously OP

#133 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:12 PM

View Postwanderer, on 15 June 2014 - 06:27 PM, said:

Incidental note: A Kit Fox with the triple AMS + AMS Overload module can shoot down 2x CLRM-20, solo. All of them.

Dual AMS + module should be quite the LRM snuffer.

Clans can do it considering they have 2000/Ton AMS ammo... That't would 6000 AMS ammo on my Firestarter S... Oh well..

#134 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:17 AM

Just mount the decay-killing module. You'll break locks the second you interrupt LOS, even for a moment. AMS overload is for slower 'Mechs that want to shield the team and can spare the tonnage for a bit of ammo.

#135 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:20 AM

My very first Clanner kill..
Guess what it was ?? Starts with an L...

*Face palm... Will people ever learn.. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users