Involuntary Lance/company Command?

4 replies to this topic

#1 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:34 PM

I seem to have picked up a penchant for getting selected for Lance/Company Command without me actively taking it.

Two matches in a row now it happened, first match I'm jump-jetting over a lava flow on Therma, hear the beep and saw the Lance Command icon appear next to my name; I just pressed B and resigned command.

Match after that I'm jump-jetting up a cliff on Frozen City and I hear the beep and see the Company Command icon appear next to my name. The match ended soon after that, so I couldn't clear it.

Since it has happened a couple of times before, I tried looking if there's any keybinds for those two actions that I might have accidentally pressed, but I can't seem to find any at all.

Both times it has happened while my jump jets were active (I was holding down the space bar).

Anyone else get this, or have an explanation for it? Something I'm missing?

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

I dunno. I've never noticed it in match, but I've seen myself with lance/company command icons at the end of a match a few times and been baffled how I got them.

#3 Dakross

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:13 PM

Happens to me quite frequently. When jumping and holding the space bar, if I'm holding the w key and then finger roll to the adjacent keys I will get command assigned. I have tried to purposefully duplicate it, but I can not. It is not map specific.

Dak

#4 orion0117

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 126 posts
  • LocationAbyssal Netz

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:14 PM

Happened to me a few times lately, maybe 3 at most, that I've noticed.

Last time I was running the TDK(no jump jets.) First I noticed some people following me around, then happened to see I was somehow commander.

We won so, it's another of those "teamwork is OP" bugs. :lol:

#5 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:05 AM

Yeah, this has been happening since the UI2.0 patch, and hitting spacebar reliably reproduces the bug. You don't get command every time you hit spacebar, but every time you get command, it's because you did, and it doesn't matter if your mech has jumpjets or not. It doesn't seem to happen when typing in chat.

There's a couple of threads about it from last patch cycle too. No word from any of the devs whether or not they're aware this is happening at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users