Continuity: Matches In A Row With Same Mech

9 replies to this topic

#1 Albatroz

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:00 AM

How about a feature where we could keep playing with the same mech from previous matches in the same conditions we ended it to achieve greater rewards?

For example: I ended a match with my Hunchie without an arm and central torno cored. It goes exactly like that to mech bay and give us the option to reset it and begin another match or to keep it as it is and begin a match exactly like it was pulled from a battlefield to another without any chance of repairing. This option could make possible to receive more rewards and to unlock new achievements (like more matchs in a row with the same battered mech).

#2 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:01 AM

We tried it in closed beta with repair and rearm. It sucked launching with damaged stuff.

#3 Albatroz

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:08 AM

View PostDocBach, on 27 March 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

We tried it in closed beta with repair and rearm. It sucked launching with damaged stuff.

But if this option gave you more rewards? Wouldn´t be nice? Anyway, it would be just an option. But i get what you mean.

Edited by Albatroz, 27 March 2014 - 10:08 AM.

#4 Prezimonto

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:11 AM

It wouldn't suck so bad if RnR was tied to a match series and the in the game you could take and hold resupply points to offset poor supply between matches.

Say 4 matches, every time someone drops in the game mode their mech is locked to the next 4 matches in that game mode and can't be edited between matches until it's completed 4 drops.

In each drop is some set of objectives to win and some side set of objectives that are supply depots. If you don't take and hold those depots for certain amounts of time, you have a chance of inadequate supply on the next drop.

Things like 15% less ammo per ton, or 15% less armor on a previously destroyed location, 15% worse cooling rate or cap, 15% slower engine, ect, ect, ect,

It affects everyone equally, it makes for in game reasons to go to side lines, it could include modifiers that make upgrades more likely to need resupply match to match, or modifiers that large mechs would need more resupply.

Give a buy out option: you know you failed to get resupply 2 matches in a row, and you've got a ballistic assault with a damaged engine and missing ammo 2 matches in a row... payout to pull the mech, but put it on a cool down as it's drop shipped home.

#5 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:18 AM

^^this

#6 Prezimonto

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:47 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...75#entry2886075

I posted the whole idea a while back.

#7 Albatroz

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:50 AM

It could be cool that way too, Prezimonto, but my suggestion is far less radical. It wouldn´t change anything besides showing your surving mech in mechbay area in current status and allowing you to continue so you can get greater rewards or just ignore the option and stick with normal game.

#8 Prezimonto

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

I have no problem at all with your idea. In fact, I think it's be a good incentive to play a more campaign RnR style game mode, to give a nice fat loot bonus for completing all the matches rather than bailing.

#9 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:01 PM

View PostAlbatroz, on 27 March 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

How about a feature where we could keep playing with the same mech from previous matches in the same conditions we ended it to achieve greater rewards?

For example: I ended a match with my Hunchie without an arm and central torno cored. It goes exactly like that to mech bay and give us the option to reset it and begin another match or to keep it as it is and begin a match exactly like it was pulled from a battlefield to another without any chance of repairing. This option could make possible to receive more rewards and to unlock new achievements (like more matchs in a row with the same battered mech).

That would be a hella fun.

Don't make us PAY to repair and rearm the mech, just give us the option to return to battle in the same condition in return for greater rewards.

Only downside I can think of is that it might result in more cowardly fighting in an attempt to preserve one's mech for a future battle, but hey...that's BT. In such a resource-dry universe, it was economical and smart to withdraw from a battle in order to live for the next one.

Also gives the achievements people somewhere to go with their next round of ideas. Maybe even place a handful of new endgame achievements in there somewhere.

Edited by Rebas Kradd, 27 March 2014 - 12:02 PM.

#10 McBond

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

I like this idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users