3 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:56 AM

Okay, I think we all can agree that we want a new map.

My idea is simple. Take Forest Colony and add a fog effect or Mist. This would reduce visibility down to say 400 meters, causing distant features to fade into the fog. All PGI has to do really is add a command line for the fog and toss the map back up as a third variation of Forest Colony called Forest Colony Foggy Morning.

Since the base map is already part of the game, I think that this map could be generated and released quickly, saving GPI money in the process while at the same time making players happy.

For players the fog would be a nice change. While the mist did not work for Caustic Valley, and was removed, I think that Forest Colony is stable enough that players might accept this challenge. Lets say we give it a try!

Besides, this would give a third map variation for Forest Colony in addition to the prospect of having a new map---fast!

#2 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:57 AM

I fear adding fog would work the graphic card and add slowdown

Edited by Geist Null, 27 March 2014 - 10:58 AM.

#3 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,677 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:03 AM

Conceptually, I'd love to see this added to such a small map as part of the original variant (we don't need a 3rd) but yeah, it would probably cause all kinds of graphical issues.

#4 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

i already can barely see anything on that map with all the foliage everywhere, fog would make it much much worse

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users