Battletech Cartoons Tv Series - Where Can I Get Them?

36 replies to this topic

#21 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:46 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 06 April 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

I first saw it when I was 13 in 2010. After that I strived to collect every one of the toys from the series, and have watched that show every week since then. It was a good show, CGI (for 1995 and a very small budget) was good, the acting was kinda poor (but it was directed at a young audience and the goal was not- OVERWHELM THE CHILDREN WITH ENDLESS BOOKS OF LORE! but was to introduce them to the BT series) and really the writing wasn't horrid (the premise story did happen according to Sarna). It was for children but when I saw it during those years when nothing of BT had been heard of in ages it boosted my spirits and kept me in the series.
I have to say if it hadn't been for that show I probably wouldn't be here.

Well, the cartoon is canon in the way that it is a "poorly reviewed holovid series" in the BT universe.

I wish that Catalyst would release a sourcebook or scenariopack of what really happend.

#22 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:40 AM

View PostStormwolf, on 08 April 2014 - 12:46 AM, said:

Well, the cartoon is canon in the way that it is a "poorly reviewed holovid series" in the BT universe.

I wish that Catalyst would release a sourcebook or scenariopack of what really happend.

Didn't have FASA brought a Scenario Book about the 1st Summerset - directly influenced by that series?
I believe i have seen the cover some where - but don't know for sure.
http://www.sarna.net...28sourcebook%29

this one - but you have to wait that Catalyst sell a scanned copy

#23 WildeKarde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 487 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:29 AM

I watched them all from someone who had them taped. If I recall it ended without tying it all up ... shame would have liked to have seen it reach an actual conclusion.

#24 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:35 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 08 April 2014 - 01:40 AM, said:

Didn't have FASA brought a Scenario Book about the 1st Summerset - directly influenced by that series?
I believe i have seen the cover some where - but don't know for sure.
http://www.sarna.net...28sourcebook%29

this one - but you have to wait that Catalyst sell a scanned copy

Some of the info in that book conflicts with info provided in Era Report 3052, 3052 states that the Somerset Strikers were mostly fighting against 2nd line troops when they entered into Clan territory.

View PostJake Hendricks, on 08 April 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:

I watched them all from someone who had them taped. If I recall it ended without tying it all up ... shame would have liked to have seen it reach an actual conclusion.

Adam Steiner shows up again in Operation Audacity:
http://www.sarna.net...ration_Audacity

I don't think that it was ever revealed if he got his brother back.

#25 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:54 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 08 April 2014 - 08:36 AM, said:

Sarna says his brother was killed.

I'd take that with a grain of salt, Sarna's quoted sources don't mention Andrew's death at all.

Also, mention of Adam's second son (Frederick Steiner) links to a earlier Frederick Steiner (a.k.a. Anastasius Focht), that guy is 52 years older then Adam.

Seriously, don't trust Sarna.

#26 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:32 PM

I actually liked the BattleTech TV series theme music. So 80s, just like Voltron, Thundercats and Robotech (not to mention Knight Rider, Miami Vice and Airwolf).

#27 CrashieJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:41 PM

so if some indie-Director were to do a live action adaptation and continuation of the series that was of Professional Quality

how fast would it get struck down by copyright laws?

#28 Archon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:50 AM

View PostEgomane, on 04 April 2014 - 12:32 AM, said:

"Unofficial" copies are not something we want to share on the MWO forums. ;)

It's either fully licensed distribution, then it fine, or it is something more shady and it has to stay out. I'd also have no problem with youtube links (as long as they don't only link further). Please keep that in mind for the future.

Sorry Egomane xD

If anyone is interested send me a PM.

#29 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:27 AM

Disney owns the rights to the cartoon. I contacted them over a year ago, pointing to this site and the growing popularity of BattleTech and MechWarrior and that it would be a good idea to pull it out and sell it on DVD, reap some rewards from someone elses work, lol.

I got a generic thanks for the idea, we will put it on the t able at our next meeting speel...

Everyone, start sending Disney emails requesting they put out a dvd copy of the show. :D

#30 Grimmrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:43 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 28 April 2014 - 04:27 AM, said:

Disney owns the rights to the cartoon. I contacted them over a year ago, pointing to this site and the growing popularity of BattleTech and MechWarrior and that it would be a good idea to pull it out and sell it on DVD, reap some rewards from someone elses work, lol.

I got a generic thanks for the idea, we will put it on the t able at our next meeting speel...

Everyone, start sending Disney emails requesting they put out a dvd copy of the show. :D

they may make a new massive disney pixtar animation spectacle of it.
Or after they made CARS and PLANES, we might get soemthign called MECHS
Posted Image

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users