4349 replies to this topic

#3201 SnowFox

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:06 AM

I give you, the Pain Can

<a href="http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=277&l=8d58fed1217920fca55c50a5c0a81c0755fd860d">UM-R60L</a>

I hate this forum editor sometimes >.<

Edited by SnowFox, 08 April 2015 - 07:15 AM.

#3202 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:44 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 08 April 2015 - 06:57 AM, said:

UM-R63

I'd guess something like that, but to run the Urbie as a serious mech, I think you have to run it with the main punch being energy (sacrilege, I know).

yeah, that ammo limit sure makes it a shortrun thing, but sure is fun.

#3203 SnowFox

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:45 AM

Check mine out I have 2 tons of a ammo, although I wish I could have kept the JJ's

#3204 Todo Sandybanks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 269 posts
  • Location....

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:54 AM

Early bird bonus stuff came, yea, but my modules are not useable it says i have to unlock them that is stupid
I am supposed to get my target retention i got it but cannot use cause i have to spend 15000 gxp on something
That I should get for free. Need to fix that PGI.

#3205 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:21 AM

UM-R63

I'd guess something like that, but to run the Urbie as a serious mech, I think you have to run it with the main punch being energy (sacrilege, I know).

If you do it this way instead.... You can cram 2 tons of ammo, AND keep either the small laser, or JJ. (or 2.5 tons ammo)

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...762c1e6ba0e1773

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 08 April 2015 - 08:22 AM.

#3206 ulrin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:48 AM

here's mine UM-R63(S)
Posted Image
"PETITEURBITE"
XL180 3xMG 1.5t ammo, LPL, SPL, flamer 3JJ 3DHT, close to full armor
Fast, deadly, and flaming !

Edited by ulrin, 08 April 2015 - 08:49 AM.

#3207 Brother MEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 407 posts
  • LocationRANDIS IV

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:55 AM

View PostThat Dawg, on 08 April 2015 - 04:18 AM, said:

Some person, who's clan name, team tag and user name wont be mentioned, dropped in CW with what appeared to be four Urbies? how do you get four? I thought there were only three variants..anyhow, even the Dires left him far behind, all the 360 no scope in the world can't save you from a couple of lights, lol
It is NOT POSSIBLE to drop with 4 Urbies !
4x30=120 ... and you need at least 160 tons for your dropship !

#3208 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:03 AM

UM-R63

yeah i'm finding the same- assuming you take out the std 60 engine

gauss/ac20- not enough ammo and/or no backup weapon to speak of

ac10- ammo situation ok but limited to either 1ML/SPL or a couple SLs as a backup weapon- or more lasers for less ammo

ac2- can really only fit 1 (or 2 with no backup weapon- MAYBE an SL?) with a bunch of energy backups. one ac2 kinda not worth using for the tonnage to me.

ac5/uac5- seem to be the best bets for any sort of balance between an autocannon and having decent energy supporting weapons (3-4 ML/SPL/ 2-3MPLs/ 1 LL/ERLL)

MGs- can pack big energy weapons (couple LL/ERLL, PPC/ERPPC, LPL/ 4 MPLs) and use the traditional Urbie minor weight devoted to energy for the ballistics.

#3209 100mile

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationAlegro: Ramora Province fighting Pirates. and the occasional Drac

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:35 AM

Anybody else notice that this thread has more views than any other thread on MWO.... :blink: (256,584) And i would wager it is close to the top 10 in pages for a single thread.... B) I repeat my earlier prognostication that the Urban Mech will be the best selling mech in MWO history...

Would love it if PGI could confirm or deny this... :)

#3210 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:25 AM

So what is the next mech that everyone would want to see?

If they can get it to work, I'd like to see the Hatchetman. Getting close and smashing someone with that hatchet would be fun.

Death from above would be fun too, if they could get that working. Then again, I like riding mechs sometimes, so it may not be so good for friendlies. Unless it only kicks in if you are dropping at a certain speed. (But this isn't a mech...so back on topic)

Maybe something with 3 legs like the Ares. Although it's also 135 tons.

Or 4 legs like the Scorpion.

Or vehicles, dropships, and/or battle armor like Elementals

Maybe some new weapons

#3211 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:58 AM

View PostThatGuy539, on 08 April 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

If they can get it to work, I'd like to see the Hatchetman. Getting close and smashing someone with that hatchet would be fun.

Death from above would be fun too, if they could get that working. Then again, I like riding mechs sometimes, so it may not be so good for friendlies. Unless it only kicks in if you are dropping at a certain speed. (But this isn't a mech...so back on topic)

Maybe some new weapons

Ares is dark ages dood :P

#3212 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:49 PM

Maybe some new weapons

Now that we have the Urbanmech, if I could choose any other outlandish mech that will probably never get implemented . . . it'd be the Tarantula. Small, light quad mech that's extremely agile. I'd have a blast with it, but they've already said Quads are probably never going to be implemented into MWO . . . just too complex (although I don't think it'd be too bad if you just lost a chuck of speed with each leg until you've lost all 4 and are dead).

Otherwise, new weapons would be wonderful to have. We could use some other mid-grade ballistics, like Mortars and Rifles, which would work wonders for light mechs . . . like our Urbanmech friend!

#3213 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:06 PM

Maybe some new weapons

i think we need the hollander and clint my self
hollander becouse hollander
and the clint so that we can have a hero 40toner that can fit an ac20 in the arm so i can start a match saying

"come on punk make my day"

#3214 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:35 PM

View Postkosmos1214, on 08 April 2015 - 01:06 PM, said:

i think we need the hollander and clint my self
hollander becouse hollander
and the clint so that we can have a hero 40toner that can fit an ac20 in the arm so i can start a match saying

&quot;come on punk make my day&quot;

The Clint would be another awesome one now that we have the Urbanmech. It's also be a nice choice between the Clint and Cicada for the 40t bracket, seeing as the Cicada is billed as an oversized light, the Clint would be a nice 40 tonner for packing heavy firepower.

I agree, as well, I'd shove an AC20 on a Clint in a heartbeat.

#3215 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:39 PM

on a side note the urbie broke my install ill likly not get to play to day thus proving the urbie is op

#3216 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:46 PM

View PostBrother MEX, on 08 April 2015 - 08:55 AM, said:

It is NOT POSSIBLE to drop with 4 Urbies !

I don't know if I was the player in question but myself and a unit-mate were dropping last night with 3 urbies and a Atlas Troll-Build a piece.

#3217 Icebergdx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 168 posts
  • LocationEastern Washington

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:04 PM

I don't think I would ever use an Urbie in CW, but I have build viable Laser/MG builds on all 3 chassis, including the Deputy Dawg!!!!. And then for the sake of an Urbie being a moving turret, I give you..... THIS to hide and spread gauss death on unsuspecting mechs....

Edited by Icebergdx, 08 April 2015 - 04:01 PM.

#3218 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:23 AM

List of "outlandish mechs" we could have next that could actually get in game...

1) Annihilator...

This is a 100 ton mech, stock speed 32.4 kph (same as urbanmech).

ANH-1X (as usual, X = prototype/ early stuff)

1 x Small laser (head)
4 x LBX 10
2 x Small Pulse
4 x Medium Lasers (uses Double heatsinks for this extra ****)

ANH-1G

1 x ER PPC
3 x Clan Gauss Rifle (1 in left torso)

ANH-1A

4 x AC 10
4 x Medium Laser.

ANH-2A

4 x LBX 10
4 x Medium laser

ANH-1E

4 x PPC
4 x Medium Laser|

ANH-C (C = Clan, keep in mind, the Clan tech versions by wolf dragoons are icons)
54 kph now

4 x Cl UAC 10
4 x Cl ER Medium laser

ANH-C2 (based on 1G 'apparently')

32 kph again

4 x Cl Gauss Rifles
1 x Cl ER PPC (CT)
1 x Cl ER small (head)

Annihilator Bryan ANH-C "Gausszilla" (The hero!)

5 x Cl Gauss Rifles (1 in Right torso)

Original Gausszilla (technically another mech, non cannon due to being purely joke... more details: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Gausszilla )

5 x Cl Gauss Rifle
1 x Cl ER small laser (head)

Only problem is this mech requires splitting the weapon to the ST for practically every variant besides some of them...

2) Bane / Kraken (Clan battlemech... meaning it can switch engine, FF, ES, DHS or SHS, Standard or XL engine, etc.)

54 kph

Bane 1
10 x Cl UAC 2
4 x Cl MG

Bane 2

4 x Cl UAC 10
4 x Cl MG

Bane 3
8 x Cl LRM 15
1 x Cl SSRM 4 (one shot)

12 x Cl MG, 2 x Gauss rifle. that'll be my bane... with the biggest engine I can fit (standard), and max all the things (and ams)

(12 clan mg's basicly do 10 to 12 damage per second... reason I said "to" because MW: O mg's once did 1 dps and they might again sometime...

Posted Image
Bane 3...

Posted Image

Bane 1....

how can you say no to these cute faces?...

OOOOOOOOR instead of trying to get 1 specific mech in...

Why not Clan "IIC" mechs? This allows the Hunchback IIC (2 UAC 20), the Clan IIC locust (faster then current locust, 8 x ER small las, 1 med las...), Griffin IIC (4 x Cl LRM 5, 1 er ppc, 1 small pulse), etc... So many cool IIC mechs.

Devs did say these will be the next mechs in game for clans (viper and firemoth do not have a place sadly...)

Why not throw them ideas on how to implement them?

Oh... this also means Urbanmech IIC.... community warfare 12 Urbanmechs vs 12 Urbanmech IIC's... who would win?!?

#3219 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:45 AM

Meh, there are still a ton of mechs that they choose from. (Minus the ones HG has the rights to. :()

Now that I think of it those are the mechs I think people would pay good money for. (eg. Warhammer, Marauder, Wasp, Stinger, etc)

I was going to say that maybe PGI could work out an agreement to share some of the profits from those specific mech sales. But having had a quick look at the legal mess that's been going on since the 80's around these mech designs, I don't know that it would be possible or prudent to enter into an agreement with HG or any other companies that "may" own the rights to the mech designs. It's a bit of a mess, and who actually owns what still seems to be fuzzy. Too bad. :(

Edited by ThatGuy539, 09 April 2015 - 09:14 AM.

#3220 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:36 AM

It isn't fuzzy at all really.
HG doesn't hold much, nor half of what they think they do.

What muddies it, is HG pursues nuisance cases claiming that they have rights, trying to bully themselves a bizarre monopoly of sorts.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook