4350 replies to this topic

#3221 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:36 AM

It isn't fuzzy at all really.
HG doesn't hold much, nor half of what they think they do.

What muddies it, is HG pursues nuisance cases claiming that they have rights, trying to bully themselves a bizarre monopoly of sorts.

#3222 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:55 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 09 April 2015 - 04:23 AM, said:

List of "outlandish mechs" we could have next that could actually get in game...

--snipped for brevity--

The Annihilator's variants that would be both "timeline appropriate" and "available to the IS"** would be the ANH-1A, ANH-1E, and ANH-2A.

**The Wolf's Dragoons didn't bring any SLDF-spec or Clan-spec variants with them when they came to the Inner Sphere in the early 3000s, only the "downgraded" ANH-1A. The ANH-1E was created as a field refit by the Dragoons during the Battle of Misery in 3028. The ANH-2A was introduced by the Dragoons in 3048.
Everything else is far out-of-timeline (ANH-3A, ANH-4A, and ANH-2AX are all Jihad-era), require Clan-spec equipment on a chassis that is only used in the IS (the Gausszilla set), or is locked up in some forgotten Brain Cache on the Clan Homeworlds (ANH-1X and ANH-1G).
And it's well-established that the Clans stopped building the ANH over two centuries before the Invasion ("before the Golden Century", with the Golden Century beginning with Nicholas Kerensky's death in 2834) & the Dragoons weren't sharing the design with anyone until the Jihad (and even then, only with the Wolves-in-Exile), so no one else had access to the chassis.

The Kraken comes close - but not quite there - on timeline-appropriateness (second variant in 3053, third variant in 3054).

With both of those chassis, the issue is the simply-absurd degree of boating that some of the variants would permit:
  • ANH-1A: 100-ton IS-tech 'Mech with 4 ballistic hardpoints (1 in each arm, 1 in each side-torso) + 4 energy hardpoints (1 in each arm, 2 in CT)
  • ANH-1E: 100-ton IS-tech 'Mech with 8 energy hardpoints (3 in each arm, 2 in CT)
  • ANH-2A: 100-ton IS-tech 'Mech with 4 ballistic hardpoints (1 in each arm, 1 in each side-torso) + 4 energy hardpoints (1 in each arm, 2 in CT)
  • Kraken Prime: 100-ton Clan-tech 'Mech with 14 ballistic hardpoints (5 in each arm, 4 in RT)
  • Kraken 2: 100-ton Clan-tech 'Mech with 8 ballistic hardpoints (2 in each arm, 4 in RT)
  • Kraken 3: 100-ton Clan-tech 'Mech with 9 missile hardpoints (4 in each arm, 1 in head)
With neither of those chassis being OmniMechs (and, thus, having unlocked internals), they'd render every other Assault 'Mech (and most of the other 'Mechs in the game, as well) largely obsolete.

#3223 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:14 AM

View PostThatGuy539, on 08 April 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

So what is the next mech that everyone would want to see?

Mauler. I love ballistics and assault mechs so better than this only the Annihilator.

#3224 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:21 AM

How is this thread STILL GOING?

#3225 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:34 AM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 09 April 2015 - 08:21 AM, said:

How is this thread STILL GOING?

Because it's for the Urbanmech . . . it might not be the fastest mech out there, but it keeps going until everyone is satisfied with Urbanmech goodness.

#3226 General Pete

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 123 posts
  • Locationny usa

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:22 AM

I love the Clint! I'd love to run a Clint.

#3227 Saobh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 197 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:36 AM

Honestly this thing kinda rocks ... been doing consistently good matches with it (2-3 kills each time with 4-500 damage) sure I've had the few times where a gauss round went right through me but that's a lights life aye.

And when you start getting the hang of the 360 arc turn you can become a pretty good harasser when your team brawls.

This thing is no joke.

#3228 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:51 AM

View PostStingray1234, on 08 April 2015 - 07:44 AM, said:

yeah, that ammo limit sure makes it a shortrun thing, but sure is fun.

Especially with the hitreg problems AC (and especially AC20s) have, I'd rather stick with pulse lasers for now. Maybe next patch or two, if they fix the ACs, I can pop an AC20 (or probably AC10) in this thing.

#3229 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:00 AM

Yes, the 360 arc. I saw a guy in an Urbie running away from one of my teammates last night...who was also in a Urbie. The guy running was either panicking, or didn't realize that he could turn and face his enemy while running away. And maybe return some fire as well. Needless to say, a coupe of back shots later he was dead. :wacko:

I can't wait to start playing in them. :D Just gotta save up maybe $4mil per mech. (DHT $1.5mil, 180 engine $?mil, Endo, etc, etc.)

#3230 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:50 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 09 April 2015 - 09:51 AM, said:

Especially with the hitreg problems AC (and especially AC20s) have, I'd rather stick with pulse lasers for now. Maybe next patch or two, if they fix the ACs, I can pop an AC20 (or probably AC10) in this thing.

Yeah, I've been noting in a lot of matches, it seems Urbie energy builds currently get higher average DPS. But that's just my point of view thus far.

#3231 o0cipher0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 353 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:55 PM

Just got an inspiration for the names for my urbies: i shall name them after the four horsemen of the apocalypse!

#3232 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:56 PM

bah- wanted to go Urbie-ing today but launcher kept getting an error so now running through the repair tool thing. it better be working for urbie-geddon tomorrow....

#3233 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:22 PM

View PostTanar, on 09 April 2015 - 03:56 PM, said:

bah- wanted to go Urbie-ing today but launcher kept getting an error so now running through the repair tool thing. it better be working for urbie-geddon tomorrow....

It would not be a party with out you. :(

#3234 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:38 PM

View PostTanar, on 09 April 2015 - 03:56 PM, said:

this is where i am right noe as well ig i get lucky i may get to playing by Saturday with my lack of internet at home

#3235 Setun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 172 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:09 PM

View PostSaobh, on 09 April 2015 - 09:36 AM, said:

Honestly this thing kinda rocks ... been doing consistently good matches with it (2-3 kills each time with 4-500 damage) sure I've had the few times where a gauss round went right through me but that's a lights life aye.

And when you start getting the hang of the 360 arc turn you can become a pretty good harasser when your team brawls.

This thing is no joke.

Hell yeah it does! Have a U-AC5 (3 tons ammo) + 2 medium laser build on one of mine that got me ~700 damage and like 4 kills lol....hugging your assaults and hitting enemies when they turn corners / defending them against lights is a surprisingly fun playstyle.

#3236 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:24 PM

What could possibly make the UrbanMech the pentultimate BattleMech? How could PGI top this? Only one Mech I can think of could threaten to unseat the UrbanMech from its throne, and that 'Mech is the CGR-1A1Charger. Faced with the might of an engine with a 400 rating and the fury of FIVE small lasers, how can even a beast like the UrbanMech compete?

#3237 General Pete

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 123 posts
  • Locationny usa

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:22 PM

I'd like to see a Cyclops. 90 tons with an AC 20 and half the armor it should have. The fluff says it's a regimental command mech- maybe it could get quirks improving using the command thingee

#3238 100mile

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationAlegro: Ramora Province fighting Pirates. and the occasional Drac

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:52 PM

The only Mech that could unseat the Urbie form it's perch as the most wanted mech would be the Marauder...As it is an unseen it will remain unseen in MWO...

The Urbie isn't the most popular mech due to it's utility...it's the most popular and wanted mech because it's an Icon..it's the R2 D2 of the BattleTech world.

Edited by 100mile, 09 April 2015 - 09:52 PM.

#3239 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:59 AM

View PostNathan K, on 09 April 2015 - 04:22 PM, said:

It would not be a party with out you. :(

fortunately the repair tool finally finished about an hour after i posted and got to enjoy some urbieness to prepare for the weekend. the only sad part were the matches i got bad scores because mechs would die just before i got in range to shoot them (well ok and the ones where i turn a corner and see 5 heavies on the other side when it looked like just one).

have joined the xl brigade on 3 of the 4 now to get them into the 60s pre-tweak just to actually get into the fight and see how that works. have been dying a lot to side torso kills though so may go back to stds.will see how the weekend works out. the bonus urbie is still the most original looking- ac10, ML and std 100. did swap the ever jamming UAC5/3SPL one to an AC5 dual MPL build though on it's duplicate kinsman.

#3240 MeltedSnowgirl

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:06 AM

View PostTanar, on 10 April 2015 - 03:59 AM, said:

fortunately the repair tool finally finished about an hour after i posted and got to enjoy some urbieness to prepare for the weekend. the only sad part were the matches i got bad scores because mechs would die just before i got in range to shoot them (well ok and the ones where i turn a corner and see 5 heavies on the other side when it looked like just one).

have joined the xl brigade on 3 of the 4 now to get them into the 60s pre-tweak just to actually get into the fight and see how that works. have been dying a lot to side torso kills though so may go back to stds.will see how the weekend works out. the bonus urbie is still the most original looking- ac10, ML and std 100. did swap the ever jamming UAC5/3SPL one to an AC5 dual MPL build though on it's duplicate kinsman.

How to go about it: Play like a Clan Light. Hug the big guys and use them as meat shields while you go about pew pewing the mechs that are focusing down the assaults,

Hie behind a Direwhale and watch their fragile backs.

Or for epic lulz, hop on top of a King Crab and go ONWARD MY LOYAL STEED and watch them go confuz

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users