Urbanmech Arrives On The Battlefield!

4351 replies to this topic

#3961 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 02:01 PM

yeah keep the zeus, if the urbie was originally thought to belong on the isle of misfit mechs the zeus would also own a home there. of course we here know better. have thought about making a pure urbie account myself, but I have 15 in my mechbay as it is (i'm too lazy to swap out loadouts so I just buy another one to try the new build on)

#3962 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 29 January 2018 - 02:26 PM

View PostUrbanTarget, on 29 January 2018 - 06:45 AM, said:

Moral dilemma:

Posted Image

After opening HUNDREDS of caches, I've finally won a mech... on my Urbie account... So do I keep it and make it serve? Do I sell it and keep the cbills and resultant mechbay?

Depends what.you've already got on hand to fulfill various needs, but generally ...

Sell.

Mechbays and c-bills are always in style, and you can do something that fits the Urbie Schick of the account better if that's what you'd prefer.

You've been at this a while, so it's not like you need to make weight like a wrestler on matchday on order to drop in FP.

If you actually want it, keep it like a hobby mech. If you don't, no need to second-guess yourself. It's an alt account.

The one piece of advice here is that once you start sinking money into the Quirk Shrubberies™, that's money you'll never get back.

Me? I'd sell it and hoard the cash and the bay for the next cool thing that fits the Urbie account. Like something to pair with the Urbie-IIC, or an Imp/Flashman/something-domed/something-32kph/something-urban-defense.

If you want a pet mech for the Urbie account, buy an "alley cat." Panthers have a nice urban warfare application. ;)

Edit: you decided and posted while I was typing. And autocorrect loves to troll me when posting mobile.

Oh well :P

Edited by Virlutris, 29 January 2018 - 03:22 PM.

#3963 Zephrym

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 148 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 02:49 PM

Wasn't Zeus the father of gods? Clearly his offspring came in the form of a loveable trash can.

#3964 UrbanTarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 03:00 PM

View PostZephrym, on 29 January 2018 - 02:49 PM, said:

Wasn't Zeus the father of gods? Clearly his offspring came in the form of a loveable trash can.

No mech comes before His Benevolence

#3965 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:44 PM

View PostUrbanTarget, on 29 January 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

My Main account's MRM60 Zeus would disagree about the Right arm Posted Image

Zeus is years older than MRMs, and two of three initial models had only 1 missile hardpoint, so you can see why it was a struggle for me, after Centurions.

View PostUrbanTarget, on 29 January 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

Its the principal of "This account is for my Urban mechs and a few, select Urbie-esque chassis"... The Zeus, which I've enjoyed, has not been elevated to "Urbie-esque"; an honor only second to being an true Urbanmech.

You need a Fafnir then. I mean, the only mech built around two Urbie-launchers. And with flat enough top to ride third Urbie into battle, as cavalry.

#3966 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:09 PM

I’m going through a MG phase since the brittle fish was released, now I am back to the IS side and appreciate the chaos that the -R60 can bring with a fistful of dakka dakka.

#3967 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:41 AM

View PostSigmar Sich, on 29 January 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

Zeus is years older than MRMs, and two of three initial models had only 1 missile hardpoint, so you can see why it was a struggle for me, after Centurions.

You need a Fafnir then. I mean, the only mech built around two Urbie-launchers. And with flat enough top to ride third Urbie into battle, as cavalry.

Agreed.

Possibly because it supports my "sell it" suggestion.

Possibly because it's the kind of reason that prompted me to suggest it. ;)

Hoard the c-bills for mods and Quirk Shrubberies™, and he'll have a mechbay already set aside for one at c-bill release in what 8 months?

Edited by Virlutris, 30 January 2018 - 07:42 AM.

#3968 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:59 AM

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

Urbie IIc!

#3969 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:36 AM

I wonder, is there another thread that has been going on this long or this many pages? PGI.....

#3970 Electroflameageddon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 236 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:02 AM

I don't thinks so.

The decal suggestion thread has about 25% of the posts, the most wanted features thread has around a third of the posts. These are the most active that I've seen.

Most Mech announcement threads peter out after the mech is released. This is the only one that still has people posting to it.

Threads I've started run for around 5 to 8 pages before the questions I've asked have been debated, answered and salted.

This seems about average.

#3971 Kebab Attack

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:20 AM

200?

#3972 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:32 AM

Almost there...

Urbie night, sounds like a good idea.

Post when it hits 200 for urbie magic in game.

#3973 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:35 AM

Aaaand astrologists proclaim the week of an Urbanmechs (page 200)

#3974 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:45 AM

another nice urbie video....

#3975 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:48 AM

This is what I want to see after we hit 200 pages. Over half the mechs to be urbies.

#3976 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:59 AM

YES! 200

Urbie night tonight

#3977 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 30 January 2018 - 10:04 AM

PGI, ARE YOU WATCHING?!?!?!? Such is the power of Urbie!

Now Unleash the power that is known as Urbie IIc upon the known universe!

#3978 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:30 PM

I always knew we’d take it this far!

Much Urbanmech love :)

#3979 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:07 PM

View PostSigmar Sich, on 29 January 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

FYI, once that's out, and if you see me with one in-game, feel free to hop on... I'd be glad to be a mobile ECM superturret platform with an Urbie tophat.

#3980 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:28 AM

Since we got 200 pages I feel that an inspiring story from lore of an urban mech lance, Gorgon, in the First Kathil Uhlans or the Lions of Davion.

The root of the story is never ignore an urbie even if it is down, or you might get goosed and finished off by someone else.

Excerpts from:

WARRIOR: COUPÉ

by Michael A. Stackpole

Chapter 39
Kathil
Capellan March, Federated Suns
7 September 3029

"... Despite the damage taken in the ambush, the Death Commandos continued to push their way up the
hill toward Yare Industries. They've stripped off their medium 'Mechs to tie us up while most of their
heavies head toward the target. I don't want to, but I'll have to commit my reserves. Andrew punched a
button on his command console. "Now, Craon, bring Gorgon, Hellion, and Jackal lances in. We have to
stop them now!"

Craon led the three Kathil Militia lances out from hiding to cut across the Liao line of march. Gorgon
lance, composed of four UrbanMechs, fired their autocannons in unison on the Ostsol leading the Liao
advance. Armor exploded from the 'Mech's torso, blasted away by twin sprays of depleted uranium
projectiles. One hail of shells ripped off the Ostsol's right arm, half twisting the heavy 'Mech around with
the ferocity of the attack. The fourth 'Mech's fire blasted armor from the Ostsol's left leg, yet the Ostsol
did not go down, despite heavy damage.

The Ostsol concentrated its return fire on one of the UrbanMechs. Two large laser beams shot from the
Ostsol's chest, impaling the smaller 'Mech. Armor evaporated under the laser's hellish caress, then
internal structures, half-melted, exploded outward in a gout of black smoke. The smaller 'Mech staggered
back, sagging into a building, more of its guts running in molten streams down its torso than actually
remained in place. ..."

Chapter 40

Kathil
Capellan March, Federated Suns
7 September 3029

"... The Cataphract was lunging forward to trap one of the Commandos when autocannon fire goosed it.
The UrbanMech that the Ostsol had all but destroyed had no mobility, but its gun still worked and the
Cataphract had obligingly impaled itself on the pilot's sights. The autocannon shells stripped all the armor
from the Cataphract's rear. The tremor-filled sidestep in the Liao 'Mech's advance suggested to Andrew
that one of the large 'Mech's gyros had been blown to bits in the attack.

Morgan's Atlas blazed away with its autocannon, capitalizing on the work already done by the
UrbanMech. As the Atlas's salvo blew everything inside the Cataphract to titanium dust, Andrew turned
both his PPCs on the Liao Thunderbolt. Waves of heat washed over him as the twin particle beams blasted
away sheets of armor from the Thunderbolt's chest and flank. ..."

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users